ForumsWEPRLouisiana Petitions To Secede

110 44286
CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

Not all Americans are enthralled with obama.
According to a news article published online by World News Daily (WND), The residents of Louisiana have started a petition to peacefully secede from the U.S. and form their own government. The petition was started on November 7 of this year, the day after the election.
(Now I'm going to opine a bit.)
While it causes me great pain to see America in the sorry state it's in now, and an act(s) of secession would only intensify the situation, this may be what needs to happen. I love my country and desperately want to see it return to its former glory, but the current regime has taken conditions ranging from fair to poor and exacerbated them to such an extent that the national condition is in a rapidly worsening state of untenability for all involved. The people of Louisiana realize this and are acting accordingly.
I believe that if obama actually cares for this nation like he says he does (which personally I doubt strongly), he would take this new development as a sign that he and the rest of the regime need to reverse their actions and/or resign. If he doesn't, it is likely that this will be the first of many cases of Americans separating themselves from a government that is no longer Of, By, and For The People but rather seeks to enslave them with government dependancy and weakens the nation on the foreign and domestic fronts.

America is dying, people. Something has to be done in short order, or America will be consigned to the ash-heap of history as a great nation that forsook its own ideals and killed itself from within. And I can't stand the thought of that happening.
All of you who believe in God or prayer, please say an extra prayer for the nation tonight.

• 110 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Well what do you know, Texas is also petitioning to Secede.
http://newrepublicoftexas.com/petition-4/

Of course it seems they failed to realize online petitions in such a case mean jack.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

More information, there are 12 states with petitions.
http://www.examiner.com/article/15-states-including-texas-have-filed-a-petition-to-secede-from-the-united-states-1

Funny, Obama won in several of them.
"Louisiana, Texas, Montana, North Dakota, Indiana, Mississippi, Kentucky, North Carolina, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, Colorado, Oregon and New York"

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

Oh, online petitions, well those kinds of petitions were bound to be everywhere even if Abraham Lincoln was elected.

EnigmaX
EnigmaX
101 posts
Nomad

Article I read said the count was at 15 petitioning to secede.

AatosLiukkonen
AatosLiukkonen
66 posts
Nomad

Might as well split everybody! Then we can have those oh so fun and tiny feudal wars again! Then again, Texas would end up on top. More guns than California and more people than everywhere else that isn't that wimp California.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Texas would end up on top. More guns than California and more people than everywhere else that isn't that wimp California.

Not with me providing military strategies for my state

They are doing online petitions? Really?? They might as well just rip out notebook paper and have one person sign it in 100 different names while they are at it..
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

Or Texas and a the other states like it can secede and leave he U.S.A. With all the awful and wimpy states like California (no offense admin team). Texas would do quite well on its own, nice supply of its own oil, probably a bigger military then the U.S.A. for its size and no real worry of terrorist attack because most of the civies will have guns to defend themselves with. If only it were the country of Texas.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Or Texas and a the other states like it can secede and leave he U.S.A. With all the awful and wimpy states like California (no offense admin team). Texas would do quite well on its own, nice supply of its own oil, probably a bigger military then the U.S.A. for its size and no real worry of terrorist attack because most of the civies will have guns to defend themselves with. If only it were the country of Texas.

Incredibly poor education, which would make the point of everyone having a gun just down right scary. But hey other than New York, New Jersey and Florida (who voted in favor of Obama in majority) let them go.

Besides some of these states petitioning to secede are the biggest drain in federal aid, disproportionate to the amount of taxes payed in those states.
http://247wallst.com/2012/08/03/states-that-get-the-most-federal-money/2/
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Hey whining Republicans, educate yourself for a change instead of moving to redneck country and regret it afterward.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/billharris/2012/11/05/tax-cuts-dont-create-jobs/

PanzerTank
PanzerTank
1,708 posts
Nomad
PanzerTank
PanzerTank
1,708 posts
Nomad

Well that didn`t work out as I thought it would, let`s try that again.

Eighteen States Have Now Filed to Petition

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

"these petitions serve more to make a point than to present a serious proposition, they are a physical symbol of the deep resentment for the direction in which the United States is moving under the Obama administration."

In other words.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-gvWn9rMIzfY/T2yQrjWqfMI/AAAAAAAACq4/PAW50S3Nc4E/s1600/Cry-Baby-GOP.gif

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

You do realise that a petition is what it is, right, and that is, some bright spark felt that they could get people to agree to a cause, and asked everybody to sign it? Nothing more, right?

That a petition exists only means that it was created, not that it was popular. All one can comment on is the magnitude of the butthurt felt by Obama opponents in that petition being created, regardless of who won in that state. If a significant number of people (and I'm talking a percentage approaching those who did not vote for the Dems) signed that petition, then it might be interesting. Otherwise big deal.

toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

America could be in a much worse state if not for Obama, and I don't believe it's dying.

how so? president bush had a pretty good Economy with gas at about $1.60 and in bushes 2 terms he raised debt about 4.889 trillion (not that great but just wait) , plus he had 9/11!

now in Obamaâs 1st term we have had: 4-5 dollar gas in some places, he added 6 trillion in debt in [/b]one term he is the most anti-israel president we have ever had, and we have had 2[b] Scandals bigger than watergate covered up (fast and furious and Bengasi)
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Obama's administration inherited the GFC. Do you suppose you could explain to me how the US's part in the GFC came about?

Showing 31-45 of 110