ForumsSupport ForumArmor Games Chat Room

80 19430
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello Armor Gamers.

I decided to make a topic for this in response to all of the questions I have been getting on my profile related to the chat.

The chat room has been removed. The chat was being abused by many users through profanity and excessive warnings. Since it was run through a different site, it was not possible to make the changes needed to fix these problems. So until further notice, the chat will not be re-activated.

• 80 Replies
IcyDragonSpiritX
IcyDragonSpiritX
22 posts
Nomad

That's true. Almost all the spamming was in the serf room.

KingofSleeping
KingofSleeping
423 posts
Nomad

Yes but now the only problem is all the complaints about it!Well at least we can handle all of them complaints!

KingofSleeping
KingofSleeping
423 posts
Nomad

Well will it divided in sections?

Skipper8656568
Skipper8656568
324 posts
Peasant

Well I liked the chat room 'cause you could send things privately .... could we add a new feature like that to our profiles ?

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

there should always be a mod wathcing people so they can stop them form doing somthing wrong if we get a chat in the future

This shouldn't be necessary though. If users aren't responsible enough to use a chat room without a moderator present at all times, then there should not be one at all.
DivineDarkness
DivineDarkness
1,226 posts
Nomad

I think that to warn somebody you don't just have to have a click warning it has to have a reason, and so if you get warned 10-20 times you get banned from chat room for 3 days.

KHROME
KHROME
618 posts
Nomad

they really need to get it back. what were they thinking!? Having the chat room run by Meebo.

jjbb18
jjbb18
398 posts
Nomad

shoking nowt wrong with spam on chat its not like it does owt and i agree with comment from KHROME.

MAD_MASTER
MAD_MASTER
35 posts
Nomad

hey people that cant stand not having a chat room just go to another site thats all.

turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

MM everone like the chat here and want it back

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Maybe there should be like mods specific for the chat room. Like Chat Room mods. Or just peopel who know what they are doing that arent mods.

Grey
Grey
281 posts
Nomad

"I do agree that if it is brought back, it should only be accessible to users who have a certain amount of points. This would prevent a lot of user with no points who only joined to go in the chat and SPAM."

I really disagree with this. I spent a lot of time in the chat, and to my knowledge nobody created a new account expressly to spam. Also, I don't have a lot of points and I'm not spamming chat am I? I think that if you actually did this you'd lose out on a lot more real users then spammers.

I still think the best idea is an IRC server. Easy to set up and it can be run through the site (Sort of), and the complex setup process discourages people who are going to join just to spam.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hmmm... well that is certainly an interesting idea. Thanks for the suggestion, it is a very good idea.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

i never rele used the chat that much i dont think its that big of a deal rele. If u wanna communicate then post on each others rofiles but if evry1 rele wants a chat room then use an IRC one. One is used on a mmorpg i play and it works rele well.

Diamond_Destruction
Diamond_Destruction
93 posts
Nomad

Yes, but in the chat room you cna easily talk to a lot of people at the same time, and yet you don't earn points for it, as if you were to talk that much on people's profiles, you would earn tons of points and it might be considered spam. Even though the chat room did get really spammy, it still has it's uses.

Showing 31-45 of 80