ForumsSupport ForumArmor Games Chat Room

80 19427
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello Armor Gamers.

I decided to make a topic for this in response to all of the questions I have been getting on my profile related to the chat.

The chat room has been removed. The chat was being abused by many users through profanity and excessive warnings. Since it was run through a different site, it was not possible to make the changes needed to fix these problems. So until further notice, the chat will not be re-activated.

• 80 Replies
KoS
KoS
86 posts
Nomad

Yes that would be good altough I never use it!

BlazeLax38
BlazeLax38
63 posts
Nomad

Well I have only had this account for afew days but I have noticed that on other websites (kongregate) that there is a Chat Room and it really boosts the success of the site. It gives people who are not here for points a place to go and talk and it is also a place where you can go just to talk to people and get a quick response instead of waiting for along time. I think that if AG did get rid of their Chat Room, they should make their own and put it on the site. It really helps out the site a lot. And even though there is SPAM aloud in it because there were no controls to stop it, that's why AG should get their own so that when someone did SPAM it would simply be ****** out.

CokeCokeCoke
CokeCokeCoke
12 posts
Nomad

I thought the chat was coming back...?

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Eric_Cartman, i don't see a point in that and that really is spam.

dragoncrusher
dragoncrusher
773 posts
Peasant

Ok, thank you for clearing that up for me.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

I really don't like taking away chat because if you just want to say "hi" or "hey hows it going" to your friends it will be considered as spam. -.-

Some Suggestions
Maybe put AP in there? Every 10 chats you get 1 AP?

Control spam by:
Says 10 chats in 5 seconds will be kicked out of room
(Use a different number so people don't know)

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Graham, isn't it gone forever, i don't think suggestion should be put. I think this should be locked. It needs not further discussion.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

I for one am glad to see it gone. It seems that the type of audience that they drew for the most part tended to be unable to chat maturely without breaking some rule or another. It was also supremely glitchy. For now, there is always AIM or (insert another chatting program here).

scottyboy
scottyboy
15 posts
Nomad

could we still share r emails

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

There is an option already for you to list your email on your profile page.

airdude123
airdude123
266 posts
Nomad

WOW..i think a big thing was that people kept warning each other for no good reason

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

Why do people want the CR back so much? It was a place for the spammers and was not a success. I dont care if it never comes back.

lumpiaman510
lumpiaman510
375 posts
Nomad

ok great!

ngfan14
ngfan14
870 posts
Shepherd

I liked the chat room. I barely realized it was gone until now. But I guess it wasn't a bad idea to remove it since it did have a lot of profanity and people that would keep warning each other for no reason. But then I thought of something. The higher ranked rooms were full of "nicer" people and there wasn't profanity there (at least every time I went to visit). Why couldn't some of the harder to reach chat rooms have stayed open? Not as many people can get there so it could have been watched a little bit more carefully.

EL_Dyablo_666
EL_Dyablo_666
579 posts
Nomad

I still don't know why they removed the Chat Room and is not coming back to Armor Games.

Showing 61-75 of 80