ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn the hard way?

84 18746
IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

I'm sure everyone has had a situation where you wish you didn't have to learn something the way you did.

Mine? When jumping off a roof, trampolines DO NOT bounce straight up and you WILL fall off the side and break your wrist.

• 84 Replies
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Dear God. I'd rather die.

I felt the same way at the time. It was one of the most painful things I've ever experienced. I was afraid to drink anything.
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I have plenty. My life is an interesting one.
Not to eat charcoal. I was fine, but i couldn't get the taste out of my mouth for ages. Or slap my friend's boyfriend for being a prick. Because he is. And he probably would've broken my neck this time if I did it again.
Do not put beads in your nose. Just don't. Don't do it. And I was 7.
Also, if there is a water drainage pipe, there's a good chance there are either snakes or spiderwebs or both in there and you should not go crawling through them during a dry spell. However, a few minutes after it rains, they're clean.
Do not attempt to juggle crayfish. I can not stress this enough. DON'T.
And, last for now: Do not throw tomatoes at people, there may be wasps in them.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

When laying in bed never EVER. Bring your cat to your face, that left a nasty scar on my eye for a couple of days, its still twitching.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

Do not put beads in your nose. Just don't. Don't do it. And I was 7.

Do not attempt to juggle crayfish. I can not stress this enough. DON'T.

what happened? O.o i am just curious because i have never done that...

And, last for now: Do not throw tomatoes at people, there may be wasps in them.

...what? O.O

never try to climb a cliff without the proper equipment...i am glad that i did not fall too deep, but it hurt like hell...
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

what happened? O.o i am just curious because i have never done that...

Well the bead got stuck, and since i wasn't all that bright at age 7, i put pepper in my nose to try to sneeze it out. And that didn't work, it gave me a headache. Then I actally did sneeze, but the bead didn't come o ut. Finally, my sister [who was 5] got it out with a paperclip, after poking about a bazillion holes in the inside of my nose.
And the crayfish thing was a Very Bad Idea that occured to me randomly. Just take my word for it when I say don't juggle them.
You would'nt believe how much trouble I got in for throwing those tomatoes. My only consolation is that the guy deserved it.

I learned that you should not roll down hills because there might be a) anthills, b) all sorts of rusty sharp things, and c) bees on them.
light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

I also learned to not read this thread when not allowed.

my insides hurt from trying not to do a HAW HAW HAW laff...

XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

Roasting marshmallows over a fire with only your hand is a difficult task... I guess i learned that the hard way -_-

*what am i doing here?

thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

Ok so I didn't think that a lesson was being taught in an appropriate manner and I said so. My teacher took me to the Principal's Office (4th time) and I had a great little talk with him (very nice guy) and so I didn't participate in said lesson. About a week later we got our reportcards, I looked at my mark and said, rather loudly I admit, "How did I ger 78%, I walked out on the only lesson that actually had any work!". I realized, when I heard my name yelled at me, that the teacher was right behind me. Once again I learned to look around and think before speaking.

KaiotakiBun
KaiotakiBun
36 posts
Nomad

That you don't staple your finger. -_-

MikaCinc
MikaCinc
408 posts
Treasurer

A lot of HTML codes...
=)

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I learned that diving in a pool that is less then 4 feet is a bad idea... the hard way. I didn't get knocked out, I just had a hard time getting up...

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Make sure to look at your soda bottle before drinking outside because there might be a wasp on it, especially if you're allergic to it.
My GF discovered that and she's allergic to wasps. We made it to the hospital just in time... :O

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Don't go straight down a hill on a scooter. OOWW

Rhodes1013
Rhodes1013
98 posts
Nomad

DON'Tget three of your stupidest friends including yourself to get ALOT of superglue this end with not being able to move if they team up on you

Rhodes1013
Rhodes1013
98 posts
Nomad

oh and to add on to my last post... DONT boogie board on high tide otherwise you get scopioned on to the beach and get luaghed at -_-

Showing 31-45 of 84