ForumsNews and Feedback[Necro] Advertisements are overly exaggerated on AG?

113 66082
jbondguy007
jbondguy007
47 posts
Scribe

Do you think that advertisements are overly exaggerated? "Roll over" adds are so annoying, how are we supposed to play if every time we move our mouse, there's a popping advertisement in your screen? And the adds on the sides of the home page are, how should I say... Inappropriate? I mean, I know you want your game to get all the attention, but here's a tip: You don't necessarily need half nude people on your add to attract gamers. Duh.
Let me know what you guys think about that!

• 113 Replies
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Everyone knows this. Ferret is the musteline.

Fix'd, free of charge. No thanks needed, ma'am. It's what I do.
Nodge
Nodge
10 posts
Blacksmith

WTF? In every game this fckd ad about war thunder, 60+ secs and it cannot be skipped =\\

abatele
abatele
4 posts
Shepherd

Been on AG for years. Always thought that the best games almost always came out from AG. But now I just cannot play here, 30 sec + adds destroying my ears is too much. So unless you put a mute button not to mention a skip add I will skip AG as I do since a year ago or so. Cheers

chidorininjax
chidorininjax
1 posts
Nomad

Really late reply here.

Now there are ads which are UNSKIPPABLe. No, not those 30 seconds, but ones that don't have a time limit. WTF?

ZoraZ
ZoraZ
2 posts
Shepherd

So I can't find a way to skip some ads, have to wait more than 1-2 minutes.
What.

michael12323
michael12323
2 posts
Nomad

I really used to like Armour games, though... now that ad for league of angels 2 has appeared on pretty much every game, I will be finding other places to go. I mean , what if my little cousin saw that ad while he was visiting!

Oh.. and i must add, this site was rather good when i purchased some items on last stand Union city... but now it it isn't

Ill be going elsewhere, got better things to do than see those ads every time i click on a game.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

@RavePenguin See post above Many users have complained about that particular ad which does not seem to be powered by Google in case you are wondering.

Personally I don't mind the banners because I don't pay that much attention to them but I can definitely see where the other people are coming from. Especially after paying some closer attention to this one in particular.

Since this ad is visible on the site, I suppose it is not considered lewd or obscene to post it here. So I will, just to show you what I am talking about:

Left banner:
https://s18.postimg.org/kht67cmq1/Lo_A_1.png

Right Banner:
https://s15.postimg.org/tnaurdqy3/Lo_A_2.png

I hope you can see the problem Thanks for your time.

[Edited by RP, I've removed he image code so they don't auto load the full image.]

RavePenguin
RavePenguin
513 posts
Peasant

Hello,

I'm locking this thread as it's a necro, but I did want to clarify the concerns for "League of Angels 2" first. I've had several reports about this game's ads and truthfully other skins on the site. It's something that @Tasselfoot, @Ferret and well the whole team were made aware of.

@Doombreed, for the sake of this content, I'm going to remove the image code so that others that take offense to these will not see the images they are cooking to avoid when they open this post. I'll leave the URLs however for context.

Thanks for sharing your concerns and you are always welcome to share your feedback with us.

-RP

Showing 106-113 of 113