ForumsWEPRWho thinks soccer is a girly sport?

346 52856
AND1BALLA
AND1BALLA
11 posts
Nomad

Personaly, I like soccer but all my buds on my baseball team say it's a girl sport.

• 346 Replies
mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

Correct. I can speak for a lot of people when i say soccer is not exciting to watch at all

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Soccer isn't girly its just slow paced

I feel for you I really REALLY feel for you.

Maybe one day you'll figure out.

One night i couldn't sleep so i put on South Africa Vs. Mexico game and i was out in 10 minutes

I see an advertisement coming on.

Can you not sleep? Eyes are tired, yet just won't drop down? Then here is the NEW SLEEPING PILL, it does nothing to your body and you wake up feeling better then ever. It is...SOCCER. Buy now at registered stores.
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

I feel for you I really REALLY feel for you.

Maybe one day you'll figure out.

I'm sorry, feeling tired. Anyways, Soccer is much faster then you think.
AnaLoGMunKy
AnaLoGMunKy
1,574 posts
Blacksmith

Football is boring. American football is boring. Baseball is boring. Rugby is boring. Cricket... this tops the boring list. Exept for bowls maybe. Or croquet. Id rather pick my nose and flick it at old ladies, scoring 10 points for hitting the wig (in fact, this is a highly dangerous game and sounds fun, only try this if you are a trained athlete and say no to drugs kids, exept over the counter)

Dont get me wrong, all these games are fun to play, but to watch???

Yeah, lets watch overpayed joe's hit a ball... and lets PAY for it...???!!!???

Fools

ALUKARD1
ALUKARD1
786 posts
Nomad

Id rather pick my nose and flick it at old ladies, scoring 10 points for hitting the wig (in fact, this is a highly dangerous game and sounds fun, only try this if you are a trained athlete and say no to drugs kids, exept over the counter)

lol, gotta give you props for this.
Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,421 posts
Nomad

Pretty much American Football and Baseball aren't real sports.

No one likes watching guys stand around for half the game and every now and then carry a ball 10-20 yards.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

How do you figure that they don't fall into the category of sport?

No one likes watching guys stand around for half the game and every now and then carry a ball 10-20 yards.

Actually there are millions of people who like watching these sports, perhaps even billions, especially in the case of baseball. I think what you mean to say is that you don't enjoy watching these sports. However your dislike of something is not grounds for everyone to dismiss them offhand.
SosolidClaws
SosolidClaws
251 posts
Nomad

I'm sorry, feeling tired. Anyways, Soccer is much faster then you think.

Most people don't figure out how zoomed out a soccer game is, if it was focused on the player with the ball it would have so much more action in your point of view.
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Apparently americans do. I would have thought its more about the atmosphere of going to a game with loads of breaks, eating and drinking loads while youre there etc. That said its never appealed to me myself.

In answer to the question posed in the thread, people who think football is a girly sport have clearly never played it, or know anything about it.
SosolidClaws
SosolidClaws
251 posts
Nomad

In answer to the question posed in the thread, people who think football is a girly sport have clearly never played it, or know anything about it.

Spot on !
mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

Ok you obviously never played any of those sports.

And nobody enjoys watching a group of guys run around for 2 hours strait and MAYBE score 1 goal the entire game!!! Whoever finds that in the least bit enjoyable should not be flaming football because nothing beats football and baseball.
SosolidClaws
SosolidClaws
251 posts
Nomad

And nobody enjoys watching a group of guys run around for 2 hours strait and MAYBE score 1 goal the entire game!!! Whoever finds that in the least bit enjoyable should not be flaming football because nothing beats football and baseball.

Look back at the charts of numbers of fans for each sport. You obviously have null idea what you're talking about. The only countries in the world who prefer American Football and Baseball over Soccer are USA (how ironic -_-) and Japan.
mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

Look back at the charts of numbers of fans for each sport.

All thanks to 3rd world countries
SosolidClaws
SosolidClaws
251 posts
Nomad

All thanks to 3rd world countries

I think that Europe is far less of a 3rd world country than your gun-wielding nation. Don't go that far. Soccer dominates for a reason.
yielee
yielee
618 posts
Shepherd

It dominates because all the neighborhood needs to afford is 1 ball and all the kids are happy.

Showing 256-270 of 346