ForumsArt, Music, and WritingGFX Art Battles

1176 250116
Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

Hello armor gamers, and welcome to the *official* GFX Battle thread!

GFX is short for Graphics, this thread was made so that other members can partake in art contests. Here is how it will work:

I) A moderator will choose a theme and a finishing date.
II) Members who choose to partake in this event will make make artwork that fits the chosen theme.
III) After the contest is over, a moderator/moderators will overlook all submissions and choose a winner.
IX) The winner will be granted 25 Armor Points

Everyone can partake in this event no matter what programs they have, or do not have. Some may have nothing but MSpaint. That is ok! Remember that all submissions will be reviewed. Everyone has an even chance for winning.

*GUIDELINES*
I) Stick to the theme given
II) Posts in this thread must be related to the event.
III) The maximum size for a submission is 600x600, i recommend trying to make all submissions at 450x200.
IX) All entries must be in before the given date.
X) All images used in an images must not be copyrighted! If a submission is indeed copyrighted, it will be rejected, and the submitter will have to face moderation :P

Let the battles begin :P

• 1,176 Replies
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

There is no reason to do it like that. And you know the rules, because you MADE the rules. You disqualified yourself.

Everyone in this contest is held to the same standards, including you. You have called other people out, and gotten them disqualified because they used copyrighted images. This is a double edged sword.

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

There is no reason to do it like that

Then go ahead and show me your finished render using your "Magic Wand"
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Then go ahead and show me your finished render using your "Magic Wand"

Even if I do, that will not get you back in the contest, because the fact is you are using copyrighted images. That is not going to make it ok. Plus, you even lied about where you got the image. Your friend did not render it, you took it from Amazon. Just because you tried to get something past us, and failed, does not mean you have to get all defensive about it. The submission is disqualified for this round, and that is the end of it.
Shane1354
Shane1354
112 posts
Nomad

Pretty good Arax I like your submition its good.

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

ya i did say my friend rendered it. My friend the pen tool. Would you like to meet him?

http://i35.tinypic.com/xpplvm.png

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

ya i did say my friend rendered it. My friend the pen tool. Would you like to meet him?

You seriously need to cool it. You are disqualified. Move on, try again next week.
Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

Don't worry about me Carlie, i am "cool"

Get your facts right before calling someone a liar.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,611 posts
Jester

Woah Arax your submition was awesome you could have one but Carlie disqualified you but it was for a good purpouse.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Get your facts right before calling someone a liar.

What facts did I get wrong exactly?
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Carlie did you see my story about my submission?
I have a problem! I would have to do the editing in about 1 H 30 M to start! But I cannot get on AG to post it on my mom's computer which is the only place I can edit it! SO if I send it to you by email will you submit it for me?

Yea sure =) that should be fine!
crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,611 posts
Jester

Get your facts right before calling someone a liar

Yes I don't see what facts she got wrong!
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Did something happen that was intriguing?

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

She said that i lied and had my friend render the image. I assure my when i said my "friend" i was referring to the pentool. But w/e.

FYI Take a look at any GFX site. Or even planetrenders.net

all there images were once copyrighted. But now that they are rendered, they are not. So it isn't a legal thing, it is just a legit rule i should have never mentioned.

So Carlie, 4 years eh? Sure.. what can you do?

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I have never seen Arax argue with Carlie before.That's a new one for me.Anyways I would think all you would have to do is make a new drawing that isn't copyrighted,and it should be fine.That's what I did,when you got guys got after me.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Thanks Carlie, By the way if you do a drawing completely handdrawn would it count?

Yep, that would definitely count, I in fact prefer hand drawn images =)
Showing 901-915 of 1176