ForumsWEPR[nec]Christianity vs Atheism

3094 555428
kiddslayer12
kiddslayer12
70 posts
Nomad

I am a christian, i and i strongly belive in my lord jesus christ, and i also belive that if you belive in him and except him as your savior, u will go to heaven. and i also believe that he created the world, not the big bang, or that we came from stupid apes.

• 3,094 Replies
Somers
Somers
1,532 posts
Nomad

Babies crawl, their parents teach them to walk.

Babies crawl do to there inability to walk. You don't "learn" to walk. Its something that is natural. If both your parents were killed by Lord Voldemort (who has a striking resemblance to your god) then you would still walk even without them "teaching" you.

Lets not forget our good friend Harry Potter had a family after his parents were killed =)

I would be SO insulted to come from apes

Your in luck then, we didn't. We descended from monkeys

Im not sure if i feel any better...?

Hmmm props to Jeol, you certainly know your verses.

Do they know how to handle a gun, or what it purpose might be, or try to figure out a puzzle?

lol? Im sorry but thats just funny

Ours takes up our whole head.I don't think their brains could handle the loads of information. (however, the elephant might be an exception, but will they ever text us? Not likely.

I sure hope they do! But i dont think elephants have thumbs...
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Round Earth:
Isaiah 40:22

Earth isn't circular, its spherical. Thus your verse is wrong.

That enough for you?

Not at all. That verse seems to be speaking of sprites and such. And they are visible, just not with the naked eye.

Now, the Bible talks about atoms. 2,000 years ago, when Hebrews was written, it said in the third verse of the eleventh chapter:

When they said that, they only noticed that the north star seems to "hang up" the earth. Its actually do to the earths rotation, not to the earth hanging...

LOLOLOLOL. You just contradicted yourself. 'They just take forever' was just as ignorant as anything I said. Also. Birds only have two limbs that are meant to hit the ground. They're an 'all-ped', unlike us.

I am starting to think you are trustfully stupid, not just ignorant. When I said "take forever" I meant it as a hyperbole, like "this line is taking forever" or "Your internet takes forever!" not in a literal since. "ALL PED"? Really? Not only is that not a word, it also does not describe the FRICKEN TYRANNOSAURUS PICTURE I HAVE SHOWED!

do you have a link? Support, please!!

Of course. Here is a crow using a close hanger as a hook, here is on on chimps using tools.

They're digging when they do that, usually. Digging is different from building. That's like a person who demolishes for a job says that he's a builder.

Burrowing is a form of construction, but whatever. One I forgot to mention is beavers, you are not going to deny that they make there homes, are you?

Is that considered speech? Tell me that's considered speech

Its considered speech.

hey point and bark and yell, but that is not like a language

Yes, actually it is. Orangutan can use HUMAN sign language, dogs have there own language, and pretty much every species has some form of communication.

To dogs, you just point and yell, they would not consider English to be a language. But they can understand you, to a point. You can understand your dog, to a point, by watching its actions and distinguishing its barks. Such as my cat claws at my door and "meos" when she wants food.

Best I know, the growl to tell everyone else to stay away, point at something like 'Eureka!' and some such like that, but nothing else much. Do they swear? Do they have many different languages or dialects? If they did, I would laugh.

How am I supposed to know? A growl means to stay away, obviously, wagging there tail is a sign of happiness, mostly, howling is a territorial cry, ect. Though I haven't really studied my dogs in years... I think I will get back to that some time.

Do they know how to handle a gun, or what it purpose might be, or try to figure out a puzzle?

That is intelligence, not being advanced. A roach is far more advanced than a human at staying alive, but it is far less intelligent as well.

Do they know how to handle a gun, or what it purpose might be, or try to figure out a puzzle? Can they read? Will they send each other texts and emails, or write stuff like this online? I somehow doubt that... Our brains are much larger than any of theirs. the T-Rex was huge, but had a brain literally the size of a walnut. Ours takes up our whole head.I don't think their brains could handle the loads of information. (however, the elephant might be an exception, but will they ever text us? Not likely.) Anything else you would like to drop on me?

When I said advanced, I was speaking biologically. A tick can stay in suspended animation for years. Certain kind of bacteria can live at the bottom of the ocean, using only chemosynthesis to stay alive. Some forms of lizards can regrow limbs. They are advanced, biologically.
hojoko
hojoko
508 posts
Peasant

Round Earth:
Isaiah 40:22

A circle. Circles are flat. Sphere is the word you're looking for.

You do realize that a spherical Earth was not adopted by the church until St. Augustine declared the "truth", 1000 freaking years after it was discovered.

Science used to teach that the earth used to sit on the back of an animal. The reason scientists taught this was because they couldn't believe the flat earth wasn't supported by something.

Actually, no. It was folktales, which stemmed from, yup, you guessed it, religion.

Now, the Bible talks about atoms. 2,000 years ago, when Hebrews was written, it said in the third verse of the eleventh chapter:

That could mean anything. Quarks, Atoms, Invisible flying penises. You don't know because it's so freaking unspecific.

LOLOLOLOL. You just contradicted yourself. 'They just take forever' was just as ignorant as anything I said. Also. Birds only have two limbs that are meant to hit the ground. They're an 'all-ped', unlike us.

LOLOLOLOLOL it's called an expression. As in "I've been waiting here forever". It means that changes happen over thousands of years. And we only have two limbs that are supposed to hit the ground (Well, most of us, anyways), so we, in-fact, are an "all-ped" as you so aptly put it.

Is that considered speech? Tell me that's considered speech. They point and bark and yell, but that is not like a language. Do they talk about how grueling their relationship is? Best I know, the growl to tell everyone else to stay away, point at something like 'Eureka!' and some such like that, but nothing else much. Do they swear? Do they have many different languages or dialects? If they did, I would laugh.

A language is any form of communication. They just don't have the same vocal chords we do, so use body language.

Do they know how to handle a gun, or what it purpose might be, or try to figure out a puzzle? Can they read? Will they send each other texts and emails, or write stuff like this online? I somehow doubt that... Our brains are much larger than any of theirs. the T-Rex was huge, but had a brain literally the size of a walnut. Ours takes up our whole head.I don't think their brains could handle the loads of information. (however, the elephant might be an exception, but will they ever text us? Not likely.) Anything else you would like to drop on me?

Yes, I do. I have a giant, giant anvil of something called THEY ARE NOT HUMAN. They don't need to handle a gun because they kill ignorant people like you with giant freaking teeth. They have developed to a different environment. So they are advanced because they have these giant tusks in which they can kill you in fifty inventive ways. It takes someone truly un-advanced to think there is only one kind of advanced
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

Jeol I am going to ask you to stop spewing ignorance for a momement and consider the following:

According to you there has been a magical force that has always been and always will be, your religion calls the force god. They give no explaination as to why or how this magical force came to be. Furthermore this force has the ability to completely disregard the laws of nature and make impossible things happen. This being also contradicts their own laws and then punish people for not obeying laws they themselves created and should abide by.

Now, science has the big bang. Science gives hypothesises for the cause of the big bang though the scientific community freely admits they do not know how it came to be. Then science out lines how things in our universe came to be, all these things follow a set of natural fundamentals and happen for a reason.

Now thinking with an open mind which sounds more ridiculous?

hojoko
hojoko
508 posts
Peasant

Sorry about repeating what you said 314d1, it took me long enough to steam and write that that I started before you finished.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Yeah, a lot of animals and things are advanced biologically. But that does not prove anything for Evolution. Actually, it seems to prove Creationism.

No it doesn't... Not to any extent...

Nature has a basic rule that something can not build something more complex than itself

NO IT TRUCKING DOESN'T! I hate it when theists make up laws out of the top of there head... First, complexity is relative. Second, have you ever heard of nuclear fusion? Yep. I just disproved your false theory...

http://www.philebrity.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/mushroom-cloud-hb.jpg

That pretty much refutes your entire "complexity" argument...
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,520 posts
Farmer

Numbers is back *supressed snicker*

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

I love how you completely overlooked my request

Eless
Eless
118 posts
Nomad

According to you there has been a magical force that has always been and always will be, your religion calls the force god. They give no explaination as to why or how this magical force came to be. Furthermore this force has the ability to completely disregard the laws of nature and make impossible things happen. This being also contradicts their own laws and then punish people for not obeying laws they themselves created and should abide by.

If you cannot find anywhere explanations for God, then you are either blind or doing a very poor job of it.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

So does my Bible.

The difference is that science is correct...

Someone give me one place where the Bible contradicts itself.

How many did God kill for "committing whoredom with the daughters of Moab"?

1 Corinthians 10:8
Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.

Numbers 25:9
And those that died in the plague were twenty and four thousand.

I chose that as they were violent as well.

And some other things on that: God created the universe, he has all the power to destroy it, or make odd things happen, which, according to science, should not happen.

Theoretically...

Science does not explain everything.

But more and more are added every day, one day we may be close.

Get over it. May I now use the word? 'Ignorance'.

Only if you are speaking of yourself.

All rules and laws that do not come from nature will and have, in some way or another, be[en] broken. More than that, I believe that everyone will have or has broken any rules and laws (again, except nature's)to some extent.

That is a load of BS. Its only human nature. I could make a law that says " Don't rape porcupines on the top of mount Everest during a solar eclipse" do you think that law will be broken?

Complexity is a living organism, not some thing that is super hot or blows things up. Besides, Fusion is better than fission, and have we figured that out yet (but still, something not living is not more complex than our own selves. Being able to figure something out is obviously not beyond our capabilities.)? No. Have we made something living? Technically, no.

You said that things can not become more complex by there selves. Fusion can.

And more ignorance... Yes, we have created life. Look it up... I am tired of posting links you never seem to go to.
SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

Someone give me one place where the Bible contradicts itself.

oh my what a list!but i will only mention one major.

one of the commandments (( off the top of my head)

thou shalt not murder ( the Catholic church translates 'kill'

ok, i guess i can't murder, but i can kill someone in the name of god? all of the war mentioned in the bible, they can kill in the name of 'god' and not be punished by 'god', only because they justified there actions? i can go over to my enghbor and kill him/er, regardless of my disposition towards them, and in religion i am justified because he/she was a heathen/heretic? or maybe just in the name of 'god'?

thou shalt not covet anything that belongs to thy neighbor'

and yet the looting of cities and people in these wars is justified?

so i can thereforeconclude, if i say it is 'in the name of god', I CAN DO ANYTHING!!!! FREE OF ALL CONSEQUENCE!
cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

and yet the looting of cities and people in these wars is justified?

They didn't loot. The destroyed everything in the city. Get it right please.
Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

I think that Jeol should go drink some poison now - after all the Bible says that true believers in christ will not feel the effects of a poisoned chalice.

cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

[quote]I think that Jeol should go drink some poison now - after all the Bible says that true believers in christ will not feel the effects of a poisoned chalice.[/quote

Right after we stone you to death

Eless
Eless
118 posts
Nomad

Posted Aug 10, '10 at 8:49pm

Avorne
811 posts

Flag
I think that Jeol should go drink some poison now - after all the Bible says that true believers in christ will not feel the effects of a poisoned chalice.

There are no supposed believers. You are familiar with the mustard seed story?
Showing 2626-2640 of 3094