ForumsWEPR[nec]Christianity vs Atheism

3094 555451
kiddslayer12
kiddslayer12
70 posts
Nomad

I am a christian, i and i strongly belive in my lord jesus christ, and i also belive that if you belive in him and except him as your savior, u will go to heaven. and i also believe that he created the world, not the big bang, or that we came from stupid apes.

• 3,094 Replies
cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

Prediction time! We say Adam and eve and then get asked why we suffer for what they did. Now obviously this have been repeated many times so shall we move on or will I get called ignorant without explanation for not wanting to repeat an over repeated subject

cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

Don't worry Jeol, I'm was just giving them crap lol, shall I get serious?

Leviathan019
Leviathan019
39 posts
Nomad

Hey guys. I'm new here, and thought I'd jump in to offer my two cents. Could you let me know what argument is currently up right now?

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Could you let me know what argument is currently up right now?

Well the Christians are yelling a bunch and the atheists are just ranting.

Seriously though, I'm with Leviathan what're we talking about right now?
Leviathan019
Leviathan019
39 posts
Nomad

haha Unfortunately, that's how too many debates turn out. It'd be nice to see a civil, reasonable debate happen.
cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

Well I would more say that the Christians are messing around, well at least I am lol :P

Currently the discussion has shifted to Revelation, but were still waiting for a Atheist to tell us we're wrong about what we know more about than them and then we'll counter and it'll continue on forever!
cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

Hey, Lev! Well, it's getting to the point after the main points of debate which usually occur 7-10 that the atheists go away angry and confused and the Christians are laughing with each other. That help? In other words, it's very light with occasional posting until tomorrow.

High five for Christians! This is so true though lol,
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

It'd be nice to see a civil, reasonable debate happen.

Yeah, you're about two years late; oh the old days.

So let's kick start something because I'm bored. What's the point of prayer? If God is God then his will should be done on Earth as it is in heaven; therefore, most prayers should end up going something like this

"Dear God I pray that my mom gets better, unless you have a plan where she dies. I guess that's okay too, either way you're God so I'll say that whatever happens is for your glory even if I never see how."

I can pray to a jug of milk with the exact same effect; something may happen or it may not but either way it's still a jug of milk.
cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

Prayer is talking with God and it builds your relationship him. Plus, doesn't the feeling of people praying for you and caring for you help any little bit?

rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

Prayer is talking with God and it builds your relationship him. Plus, doesn't the feeling of people praying for you and caring for you help any little bit?

Didn't you're god sort of "withdraw" from affecting mortal life on earth? Making prayers pointless?
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Prayer is talking with God and it builds your relationship him.

I believe there's a verse that backs up my point.

7And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
9"This, then, is how you should pray:
" 'Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10your kingdom come,
your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
11Give us today our daily bread.
12Forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.[a]' 14For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

-Matt. 5-15

Plus, doesn't the feeling of people praying for you and caring for you help any little bit?

Opiate for the masses?
cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

No, just not it explosive examples that the whole world sees. Just cuz you don't see it doesn't mean it never happened.

Leviathan019
Leviathan019
39 posts
Nomad

High five for Christians! This is so true though lol,

I'm not sure that's the right attitude at all. We shouldn't argue with people to prove ourselves right, we should argue as people who believe we have a point of view worth convincing people of. If we're right, then hopefully it'll be seen. If we're wrong, we'll have to come to grips with that.

Didn't you're god sort of "withdraw" from affecting mortal life on earth? Making prayers pointless?

What made you come to that conclusion?

I believe there's a verse that backs up my point.

Then what exactly was your point, and how does that verse back it up?
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

No, just not it explosive examples that the whole world sees. Just cuz you don't see it doesn't mean it never happened.

What?

The effectivity of the prayer is the motive. You ask for the best, you most likely will get what you ask for. You ask for a Corvette, you most likely won't get one, unless you physically buy one to mock God (but the prayer worked!).

You missed the point, if I prayed to a jug of milk for an A on my test and I got an A on my test I could say the jug of milk answered my prayer. Now if I got a B I could simply say that the jug of milk has a plan for my life in which academia doesn't play a huge role.

Also, if you tithe, God is more likely to answer. Positively.

Prosperity gospel is a bunch of bullshit.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

And you know how we can be saved? Through prayer.

Verse?
Showing 2671-2685 of 3094