ForumsWEPR[nec]Christianity vs Atheism

3094 555449
kiddslayer12
kiddslayer12
70 posts
Nomad

I am a christian, i and i strongly belive in my lord jesus christ, and i also belive that if you belive in him and except him as your savior, u will go to heaven. and i also believe that he created the world, not the big bang, or that we came from stupid apes.

• 3,094 Replies
cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

I guess then we should listen to what the bible says on prayer cuz I'm not the person to ask on it :/ lol *gasp* the Christian doesn't know EVERYTHING

Bam, the world just ended :P
[quote]I'm not sure that's the right attitude at all. We shouldn't argue with people to prove ourselves right, we should argue as people who believe we have a point of view worth convincing people of. If we're right, then hopefully it'll be seen. If we're wrong, we'll have to come to grips with that.

cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

Damn computer lol.

The high five christain think was a joke. Why so serious!

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

well u say that you are waiting for god to save you, yet where is 'god'? if you are being brutally murdered where is this god then? if he is the source of all life asnd goodness, how can he allow such things to happen? if he gives and takes life, then why can't 'god' kill 'god's own creation, Satan? why are so many people starving right now? why is the world so uneven? if god truly can control everything, why doesn't 'god' do this?!?????

Leviathan019
Leviathan019
39 posts
Nomad

The high five christain think was a joke. Why so serious!

Why so flippant? I'm well-meaning enough, but your comments are still coming across as arrogant and condescending. Antagonizing opponents is no way to make friends now, is it?
rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

What made you come to that conclusion?

I have heard Christians say that, and the fact that he does not do anything like in the bible, or anything at all that I have noticed, as in no floods, no resurrecting dead people, no miracles, nothing except talking to people through dreams and what not.

If God avoided affecting life on earth, then Christianity would have no purpose. We would not be saved by faith through Him. I prefer that he being the loving God that he is; he gave his Son so that we might live with him.

I should clarify that I meant he withdrew from the world until the rapture comes.
Leviathan019
Leviathan019
39 posts
Nomad

well u say that you are waiting for god to save you, yet where is 'god'? if you are being brutally murdered where is this god then? if he is the source of all life asnd goodness, how can he allow such things to happen? if he gives and takes life, then why can't 'god' kill 'god's own creation, Satan? why are so many people starving right now? why is the world so uneven? if god truly can control everything, why doesn't 'god' do this?!?????

Those are a lot of good questions that so many people ask. But one thing that is important to understand is that even though God created everything bad things don't come from him. Evil would happen, whether God existed or not.

But it's because of God and his standard of good that we can recognize evil and do something about it. And God doesn't let evil go unpunished, He has His own reasons for allowing it to exist.

Dear 'Sir':
Have you not heard a word that we have said in the past? [I'm getting giddy... Can I use the word? Can I use the word?!? thanks.] ignorant. Now: It's cause of Satan. Again. And every time we posted this, we, it was because of Satan.

Careful, Jeol. Don't be condescending. It's true that God created Satan, so if Satan is evil, and God created Satan, didn't God create evil? It's an easy enough argument to make.
SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

oh yes, and if god chooses and takes lives when god dam pleases, then if they are murdered by evil means, does this not mean that god can control evil?

Leviathan019
Leviathan019
39 posts
Nomad

oh yes, and if god chooses and takes lives when god dam pleases, then if they are murdered by evil means, does this not mean that god can control evil?

Can you give some examples of what you mean by that?
rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

Now: It's cause of Satan. Again. And every time we posted this, we, it was because of Satan.
A Christian (in this thread, or another one in this section) said that Satan was an angel, and angels did not have free will, meaning God made Satan evil, and if you say angels had free will, why is it that Christians have vastly different interpretations of the bible, and why is God's word so ambiguous?
SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

if god takes lives for destiny purposes,. and if the life is ended by evil, then does that not mean god used evil, or controlled evil, tot ake that life? or does that not mean satan has some of god's powers?

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Confess to God = Communication with God = Prayer

That's a bit of a stretch isn't it? Couldn't I simply tell you that I believe in Jesus and be completely good on judgement day? Ah I have to believe, all the same prayer is never mentioned.

Why so flippant? I'm well-meaning enough, but your comments are still coming across as arrogant and condescending. Antagonizing opponents is no way to make friends now, is it?

I like you.

Again. And every time we posted this, we, it was because of Satan.

Wrong it's because we have freewill, that's why people die, because God is overly jealous.

Careful, Jeol. Don't be condescending. It's true that God created Satan, so if Satan is evil, and God created Satan, didn't God create evil? It's an easy enough argument to make.

Quite.
cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

Well, God created Satan and Satan is evil, but not when God created him. So if we transitive it would appear God created evil, but thats a bit of a stretch too

Good night people! See ya tomorrow

Leviathan019
Leviathan019
39 posts
Nomad

if god takes lives for destiny purposes,. and if the life is ended by evil, then does that not mean god used evil, or controlled evil, tot ake that life? or does that not mean satan has some of god's powers?

What do you call an evil end?

That's a bit of a stretch isn't it? Couldn't I simply tell you that I believe in Jesus and be completely good on judgement day? Ah I have to believe, all the same prayer is never mentioned.

One of the things mentioned in Romans is confessing with your mouth. It's true it doesn't say to whom, but it's reasonable enough to assume prayer is important.

Also, I remember a verse, and I don't remember the reference but I can get it if you need it, that says "Pray continually." Simple enough, eh? haha

I like you.

Flattered, really. haha

Wrong it's because we have freewill, that's why people die, because God is overly jealous.

What do you mean, people die because God is overly jealous?

Quite.

But what is evil? Is evil a force created by Good, so that Good can be Gooder? Or is evil the absence of good, much like a donut hole is the absence of dough in the middle of a donut? That's what I believe. That because good exists, evil is a natural product.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Well, God created Satan and Satan is evil, but not when God created him. So if we transitive it would appear God created evil, but thats a bit of a stretch too

And so is saying that the bible holds on contradictions.

but it's reasonable enough to assume prayer is important.

At the same time wouldn't it have been reasonable enough for God to make his word clearer?

What do you mean, people die because God is overly jealous?

Sorry that was a bit ranty, basically sin exists because of freewill. Now if God took that freewill away sin wouldn't exist but what fun would that be? So we live in sin because God isn't creative enough to remove death and still leave freewill.

As for jealousy the Old Testament is full of stories where God orders his armies to kill those peoples with other gods.

Or is evil the absence of good, much like a donut hole is the absence of dough in the middle of a donut? That's what I believe. That because good exists, evil is a natural product.

Whoa. You're the second person I know to have said that. The first being myself when I was still a Christian. Mind. Blown.

That being said the argument is a very strong one and nullifies many opposing points. So I'll ask you a quick question about morals in order to make a point without seeming like an idiot.

So I'll give you two options.

1.Is what is moral, moral because it's commanded by God?
or
2. Is what is moral commanded by God because it is moral?
Leviathan019
Leviathan019
39 posts
Nomad

At the same time wouldn't it have been reasonable enough for God to make his word clearer?

I'd say it's clear enough at that point, and the other verse I mentioned. Is there something you'd like me to clear up?

Sorry that was a bit ranty, basically sin exists because of freewill. Now if God took that freewill away sin wouldn't exist but what fun would that be? So we live in sin because God isn't creative enough to remove death and still leave freewill.

If freewill can be taken as the ability to choose between right and wrong, without being forced, then why do you say it's a lack of creativity that makes it this way?

Life is all about choosing ultimately between good and evil. What would you prefer God did?

As for jealousy the Old Testament is full of stories where God orders his armies to kill those peoples with other gods.

I suppose it is true that God is a jealous god. So?

Whoa. You're the second person I know to have said that. The first being myself when I was still a Christian. Mind. Blown.

That's fairly awesome. I'm sad to say I didn't think of it myself.

1.Is what is moral, moral because it's commanded by God?
or
2. Is what is moral commanded by God because it is moral?

Good question. Maybe the best answer is... yes.

Is there a difference between God's nature and good? I don't think so. If God is the essence of good, then everything he commands will be good. He is the standard by which we measure good and evil. Does that make sense?
Showing 2686-2700 of 3094