ForumsWEPR[nec]Christianity vs Atheism

3094 555506
kiddslayer12
kiddslayer12
70 posts
Nomad

I am a christian, i and i strongly belive in my lord jesus christ, and i also belive that if you belive in him and except him as your savior, u will go to heaven. and i also believe that he created the world, not the big bang, or that we came from stupid apes.

• 3,094 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

But earth has two differences from the sphere you showed:
1. On earth you could not see the other side of the ball.
2. Earth is not a net.

Again this ignores what Walker said. If God was omniscient or at the very least was the one to create the Earth then he would know it was not flat.

From what we see from Hebrew words if God had intended to refer to the Earth as being spherical there was a different word that could have been used, but instead the one used only refers to a circle and even other uses of this particular word makes references to drawing flat circles. So back in the day without any knowledge of the shape of the Earth a person reading this passage would have come to the conclusion the earth is flat.
Possiblelnstability
Possiblelnstability
194 posts
Nomad

Guys, how did you do that? I keep trying, but mine doesn't look right. What am I doing wrong here?

http://cset.mnsu.edu/mathstat/images/polyhedron.gif

AircraftCarrier
AircraftCarrier
145 posts
Shepherd

lol, this is not a geometry lesson.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

@PossibleInstability

I reject your dodecahedron and move that the heptahedron be crowned the champion in today's geometric challenge!

http://origamidb.stagepics.co.uk/images/models/4781_Heptahedron.JPG

gaarasoy
gaarasoy
52 posts
Jester

Atheist: I don't believe there is a God because i can't see Him
Christian: I don't believe you have a brain because i don't see it
Peace

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Pfft, It's rather easy to see a human brain without removing it from the skull - MRI scans are a particularly useful way of doing it.

Also, by your logic I could just as easily say the same to any Christian and on top of that I could say I don't believe in your soul, your heaven or your faith in God - because I cannot see them. Some things are testable without 'seeing' them with our own eyes - your deity is untestable because He puts forth no evidence of His existence and exerts no force on the world - therefore, if He existed, he would be as good as non-existent.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Atheist: I don't believe there is a God because i can't see Him
Christian: I don't believe you have a brain because i don't see it
Peace

I can prove the brain exists, using this little thing called FRICKEN EVIDENCE! You, however, have never proved your god using this FRICKEN EVIDENCE! Thus he doesn't exist.
Malkoir
Malkoir
156 posts
Nomad

I beleive christianity's purpose is to keep society under control, give the common people the feeling of being normalcy, and give them something to beleive in to have them keep going, since its pretty hard to live without something to live or think by.

I personally am not christian because from what I hear in church it just doesn't add up and make sense for me. Plus given the fact that christians have absolutely NO valid evidence that god exists.

adios194
adios194
818 posts
Nomad

I can prove the brain exists, using this little thing called FRICKEN EVIDENCE! You, however, have never proved your god using this FRICKEN EVIDENCE! Thus he doesn't exist.

But the brain cannot be viewed by one at a glimse. To see the brain you have to do multiple things. This is the same with God.
Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Really - I can view the brain at a glimpse. I have a copy of Greys Anatomy sat on my desk - I also have the internet at my disposal and the ability to see several images of the brain should I type the word into my search bar. I could also take the more direct route and crack open somebodies skull.

So, what exactly do I have to do to see God?

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

Google him and see a painting that looks like zeus or a giant hand in the sky.

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Well I think I've found Jesus:
http://www.fstdt.com/IMG/fstdt_cover.gif
As for God...
He's here... And a bunny.

wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

So, what exactly do I have to do to see God?

To Avorne: I know it's been a while and I see things haven't progressed very far in my absence. According to the Christian Bible, kjv, niv, nkjv, etc. you must 'die to self'. That is you must take your focus off of you. Stop placing you as ruler of your "known" life.
People always confuse the conversion as emotional but its more 'Taoist', in nature. It's an inner contemplation with wisdom and education but without the sitting around part, while letting things take their natural course. Christians believe that we should work for the bread we eat, just don't be greedy with it when you see your neighbors are going hungry.

For those who aren't familiar with Taoism, its a Chinese philosophy based on the writings of Lao-tzu, promoting humility and religious piety, from the 6th century,BC (BCE). Later, in the 3rd century, AD, the religious aspect developed incorporating Buddhist and a monastic system.
Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

The very nature of Christianity is close-minded. I am the ruler of my life because (besides the community around me) nobody is 'guiding' me aaanndd screw my neighbours - if I don't like the person then they can starve. Luckily, I'm feeling generous, I shall share with those who deserve it but not because of some gay holy-book but because they're humans who need a hand getting back up after falling down.

wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

if I don't like the person then they can starve.

rofl while lmao
Showing 2776-2790 of 3094