ForumsWEPR[nec]Christianity vs Atheism

3094 555488
kiddslayer12
kiddslayer12
70 posts
Nomad

I am a christian, i and i strongly belive in my lord jesus christ, and i also belive that if you belive in him and except him as your savior, u will go to heaven. and i also believe that he created the world, not the big bang, or that we came from stupid apes.

• 3,094 Replies
ehsbobcats
ehsbobcats
13 posts
Nomad

you cant put Christianity vs atheist because if your a christian you should be open minded and not provoke trouble till the lord comes or something else occurs ....but will be augments that will last for ever following politics

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

you cant put Christianity vs atheist because if your a christian you should be open minded and not provoke trouble till the lord comes or something else occurs ....but will be augments that will last for ever following politics

That is because its not science, its myth, and people cling on to it...
SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

wow, still no theists have debated my claim from 3 hours ago!this is a first *sniff sniff*

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Let's see if I can fill in for a theist

Short answer - Satan is a test
Long answer - Satan was created by God expressly with the knowledge that he would betray God. It's all part of Gods plan to ensure that we are all good little Christians and resist temptations thrown at us by Satan who is apparently the source of Evil even though the Bible states otherwise but since i'm a theist I pick and choose what parts I follow -gasping breath-.

There we go.

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

@Avorne:

but couldn't god simply have maintained the Garden of Eden and never have Evil? wouldn't it be so much better to not have bad things at all? so in other words god contradicted him/herself in creating evil, as god is the model of all goodness??

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

I think it was to allow humanity free will to do good and evil. After Eve ate of the forbidden fruit and all that jazz god decided to introduce Evil and Sin (something about Original Sin?) to the world as punishment and as a giving of free will

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

so in punishing humans, god gave them good will? god destroyed paradise just so humans can do whatever they please?

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

He gave us free will so we could make our own decisions and weren't forced into worshipping Him (even though if we don't we apparently go to Hell).

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

so in what you just said, you recognize how Christianity contradicts itself???

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Live on your knees or die on your feet, great choices from an all loving being!

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Which is why I'm an Atheist - I've always found mainstream religion completely irrational and those who follow them deluded.

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

o i thought you were a theist ^.^ . i used to be Episcopalian, but then i drifted away and waz exposed to Atheist ideas..

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

No Sir - that's why I said:

Let's see if I can fill in for a theist

On the last page. I may have never believed in God but I believe in reading people like books, and I enjoy reading books. It's easy to get into the mind of those with Religion and from there I can argue their cause quite well.
BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

You made a whole lot of claims and told a lot of stories, but you haven't backed it up at all. It's easy enough for you to say, but can you prove it?

Oh please, Christians are the ones putting forth ridiculous claims, the burden of proof is upon you.

Prove God is real, now.
Entertain me.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

God made rules to regulate the treatment of slaves, but does that mean that he condones it?

He could have just as easily say not to enslave another human.

I believe I've already made my argument here that it isn't so simple. Naturally, if there is nothing bad, then it is good. But there can easily be reasons for the world as it is.

So (using the example give) your saying God has a reason for making babies suffer a short miserable life and him doing it is a good thing? WTF!?

It's not so simple, because we don't live in a black and white world. There are many different situations where we can't avoid doing something bad, no matter what we choose. Are they any less bad? No, they aren't. It's our job to choose the best we can.

Did I say it's simple and your right we don't live in a world that is black and white but that's exactly what's being said when morality is claimed to be in absolutes.

I clearly demonstrated how morality is not an absolute that what is and is not moral will change depending on the situation and even the perspective of that situation. Just saying "it so complicated" is nothing more then a cop out.

It says murder is a sin.

Really? This is just a small sampling but these verses say otherwise.

Hosea 13:16
Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.
Ezekiel 9:6
Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.
Ezekiel 23:25
And I will set my jealousy against thee, and they shall deal furiously with thee: they shall take away thy nose and thine ears; and thy remnant shall fall by the sword: they shall take thy sons and thy daughters; and thy residue shall be devoured by the fire.
Joshua 6:21
And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ***, with the edge of the sword.
Joshua 8:21
And when Joshua and all Israel saw that the ambush had taken the city, and that the smoke of the city ascended, then they turned again, and slew the men of Ai.
Joshua 10:28
And that day Joshua took Makkedah, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and the king thereof he utterly destroyed, them, and all the souls that were therein; he let none remain: and he did to the king of Makkedah as he did unto the king of Jericho.
Judges 1:4
And Judah went up; and the LORD delivered the Canaanites and the Perizzites into their hand: and they slew of them in Bezek ten thousand men.
Exodus 21:17
And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.
Exodus 22:18
Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live. (well no need to bold this)
Exodus 22:20
He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed. (Not to mention for sacrificing to another god)
Exodus 31:15
Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.
Exodus 32:27-28
And he said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbor.
And the children of Levi did according to the word of Moses: and there fell of the people that day about three thousand men.
Leviticus 20:10-13
And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbor's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.
And the man that lieth with his father's wife hath uncovered his father's nakedness: both of them shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
And if a man lie with his daughter in law, both of them shall surely be put to death: they have wrought confusion; their blood shall be upon them.
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
Leviticus 20:15-16
And if a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death: and ye shall slay the beast.
And if a woman approach unto any beast, and lie down thereto, thou shalt kill the woman, and the beast: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
Leviticus 20:27
A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them. etc. etc. etc.

Assumptions are unavoidable. I was cautioning him against a certain assumption.

What makes your assumption any less worthy of caution?

But that doesn't mean that we aren't ultimately held accountable for the things we do.

Ultimately being held accountable for the things we do is karma.

How so?

While perhaps not intentional BlackVortex summed it up pretty well.
bending and altering their story along the way, digging bits out of the Bible, and using them to argue a completely invalid point, then directing the subject towards prayers, morality etc, all things which have no relation to the validity of God's existence,

So I don't regard them a good place to go for a valid point.

Creationist sites are well known for quote mining, straw man arguments, pseudoscience, and using flat out lies.

There is also an important difference between what is Law and what is Good. I've already made the argument that God reserves certain abilities for himself.

You mean like being able to morally commit mass genocide?

I wasn't just the human that got killed in the flood.
The Ultimate Evil

I haven't said that. See my above comment to clarify.

Then clearly God has gone against morality.

That's how it's often argued, not how it should be.

How should it be?
Showing 2746-2760 of 3094