ForumsWEPR[nec]Christianity vs Atheism

3094 555545
kiddslayer12
kiddslayer12
70 posts
Nomad

I am a christian, i and i strongly belive in my lord jesus christ, and i also belive that if you belive in him and except him as your savior, u will go to heaven. and i also believe that he created the world, not the big bang, or that we came from stupid apes.

• 3,094 Replies
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

The Bible is one of the most sold and least read books in existence.

The Bible is the most sold book of all time but it's probably been read less than the works of Rowling.

If you want some gruesome history the Old Testament is for you, if you're looking for a way to live your life the New Testament is a good fit.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

If you want some gruesome history the Old Testament is for you, if you're looking for a way to live your life the New Testament is a good fit.

I quoted from both old and new testament. The new testament doesn't say to ignore the old and it often refers back to it.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

I quoted from both old and new testament.

Sorry, what? I've only read this page as I didn't really feel like reviewing the last fifty or so that I missed.

The new testament doesn't say to ignore the old and it often refers back to it.

Right but it often substantially changes some key laws and ways of life that were common in the Old Testament.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Sorry, what? I've only read this page as I didn't really feel like reviewing the last fifty or so that I missed.

It was a post about homosexuality. I pointed out how it says to kill a guy for sleeping with another guy. I made a second post from the new testament where Paul was B^&ching about guys having sex with guys and girls having sex with girls and says they were to face the penalties for such an act. Penalties outlined in the old.

Right but it often substantially changes some key laws and ways of life that were common in the Old Testament.

Where does it say that?

I can find where it says it's not abolishing the laws of the old testament.

Matthew 5:17 (NIV)
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

I can find where it says it's not abolishing the laws of the old testament.

Actions not words, such as when a women caught in the act of adultery is brought to him he prevents her from being stoned. He hangs out with various sinners and gentiles, a biblical sin, and he preached love.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Actions not words, such as when a women caught in the act of adultery is brought to him he prevents her from being stoned. He hangs out with various sinners and gentiles, a biblical sin, and he preached love.

Yes he did do those things, however it doesn't say he did them intending to change what was already established.

Though I will say if your in it just for the morals ignoring the old testament as much as possible probably isn't such a bad idea. Thought while not as much, there is still stuff in the new that can make you wonder at times just how moral this moral story is.
LegendaryThunder
LegendaryThunder
177 posts
Nomad

Drop the F***ING subject people were all adults and should behave like we are. Let people do and believe what they want to as long as they arent breaking the law Jesus F***ING Christ. Face it alot of Christians hate Athiests and alot of Athiests hate Christians but no one is pointing the barrel of a f***ing gun down your to make you repent. Besides no one can prove GODs real and no one can prove that GODs not real. So the day we can all get along and play f***ing patty cake is when this kinda shit will stop and we will all have a hella'va good time and we can all die in peace as we wish and worship as we wish.

Signed,
Legendary Thunder

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,826 posts
Duke

Drop the F***ING subject people were all adults and should behave like we are.

Parting of being an adult is behaving responsibly. And that also means holding responsible beliefs, i.e., being a responsible cognitive agent. Belief in Santa Claus as an adult is an example of something that is cognitively irresponsible. Many atheists argue that belief in God falls along the same lines.

Besides no one can prove GODs real and no one can prove that GODs not real.

If you spent more time reading previous posts and less time spouting your obviously uneducated opinion, you would realize that much of the discussion here is not meant to prove or disprove God's existence.

So, to sum up, please try to contribute to the conversation. Coming on to a thread and telling everyone they're wrong for posting on the thread isn't helping anyone.
nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
641 posts
Nomad

um, hipocracy, moegreche, all you do is tell other people that they are wrong. maybe thats a good one YOU could learn from the bible, practicing what you preach and what not.

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

What is there to learn from the Bible? I see nothing of importance in there. You could learn that if you get nailed to a cross and left there then you're probably gonna die - That's about it.

nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
641 posts
Nomad

lol @ avorne. classic. i once heard someone say, that the bible is like mother goose tails for adults. it holds some moral value, but so did many thousands of books and scrolls before it. what makes this book so darned special.

Moe
Moe
1,714 posts
Blacksmith

Swearing in a debate forum is not something adults do. Nor do they tell people to change the subject of the thread.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

To ad what everyone else has said, half of us aren't adults either...
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

No I won't drop the subject. Beliefs should be challenged, otherwise at best the person holding them could end up developing false impressions of reality, at worst those beliefs could turn dangerous. A belief can influence your actions, so I see it important to hold beliefs based on facts.

Let people do and believe what they want to as long as they arent breaking the law Jesus F***ING Christ.

I'm not stopping anyone from believing what they wish. Though I will point out flaws I see in their reasoning that brings them to that belief. Especially when I'm in a topic set up to discuss those beliefs.

Face it alot of Christians hate Athiests and alot of Athiests hate Christians but no one is pointing the barrel of a f***ing gun down your to make you repent.

There are and have been people who would do just that if given the chance. As for Atheists and Christians not getting along I have gotten along with a number of theists on this forum and in real life. If someone is going to hate me because I don't hold a belief they hold then that's there problem, as long as they don't hold a gun to my head or try and enforce those beliefs in a way that I am being effected by them.

Which unfortunately the latter seems to happen far to often.

Besides no one can prove GODs real and no one can prove that GODs not real.

If there is no proof of something being real then holding a belief that it is is irrational.

So the day we can all get along and play f***ing patty cake is when this kinda **** will stop and we will all have a hella'va good time and we can all die in peace as we wish and worship as we wish.

Again no one is forcing you to believe something different and if you don't like this sort of discussion then don't join in.
Coming in here and trying to force us to stop seems rather hypocritical of you.
nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
641 posts
Nomad

If there is no proof of something being real then holding a belief that it is is irrational.

i beleive its called faith, according to wikipedia
Showing 2851-2865 of 3094