ForumsWEPR[nec]Christianity vs Atheism

3094 555544
kiddslayer12
kiddslayer12
70 posts
Nomad

I am a christian, i and i strongly belive in my lord jesus christ, and i also belive that if you belive in him and except him as your savior, u will go to heaven. and i also believe that he created the world, not the big bang, or that we came from stupid apes.

• 3,094 Replies
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

i beleive its called faith, according to wikipedia

And faith is something you have in something that doesn't exist, according to me and Bart Simpson.

Faith is all and good, but if you are going to burn someone at the steak for not having the same then you are in trouble. Same thing if you are going to force your bigoted views on someone, such as in the case of abortion, homosexuals, and scientific advancement.
nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
641 posts
Nomad

hahahah, keep it on topic, i didn't take a side. this time.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

If no one minds, I will bring up a point.

I was reading a thing on the mafia, and found the "ten cammandments" for there group. Having read them, I think there actually more moral than the Christians... Your opinions?

1. No one can present himself directly to another of our friends. There must be a third person to do it.

2. Never look at the wives of friends.

3. Never be seen with cops.

4. Don't go to pubs and clubs.

5. Always being available for Cosa Nostra is a duty - even if your wife is about to give birth.

6. Appointments must absolutely be respected.

7. Wives must be treated with respect.

8. When asked for any information, the answer must be the truth.

9. Money cannot be appropriated if it belongs to others or to other families.

10. People who can't be part of Cosa Nostra: anyone who has a close relative in the police, anyone with a two-timing relative in the family, anyone who behaves badly and doesn't hold to moral values.

nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
641 posts
Nomad

sounds good to me. if they ever open up as a real church let me know.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

sounds good to me. if they ever open up as a real church let me know.

There the Mafia, not a religion. Those were alleged codes of conducts, not an actual ten commandments...
nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
641 posts
Nomad

just going off what you had stated.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

What I stated was

I was reading a thing on the mafia

Bold added...

nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
641 posts
Nomad

a bit touchy, perhaps. here, restated, if the mafia ever decides to become a religion, let me know.

popopowerst
popopowerst
32 posts
Nomad

Wow, u people need to calm down. Anyways, here's where I stand: I am an atheist. HOWEVER, I do believe in God. I do not WORSHIP God. But I believe in him. I believe in all overlords and gods. But I don't worship any.

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

You're not an Atheist then - I think you're an agnostic.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Wow, u people need to calm down. Anyways, here's where I stand: I am an atheist. HOWEVER, I do believe in God. I do not WORSHIP God. But I believe in him. I believe in all overlords and gods. But I don't worship any.

The very definition of atheist is without belief in a deity. So claiming a belief in a deity makes you a theist.
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

I too am a Christian, kidslayer, but i think God created the big bang and evolution and all that other stuff.

adios194
adios194
818 posts
Nomad

You're not an Atheist then - I think you're an agnostic.

Very well could be, agnostic by definition is the belief in a God, but without certainty. In other words, you believe in God, but you can't decide which one it is.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Very well could be, agnostic by definition is the belief in a God, but without certainty. In other words, you believe in God, but you can't decide which one it is.

FAIL - agnosticism has nothing to do with belief. It says we can't prove or disprove gods existence, but doesn't state anything else otherwise.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

FAIL - agnosticism has nothing to do with belief. It says we can't prove or disprove gods existence, but doesn't state anything else otherwise.

gnostic -- I know

agnostic -- I don't know

gnostic atheist: I know god doesn't exist so I don't believe in him

agnostic atheist: I don't know whether god exists or not, but I don't believe in him.

There you go. You are agnostic atheist, and that is your definition.
Showing 2866-2880 of 3094