ForumsForum GamesUnique Country RPG

138 32905
jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

Rules:
1.New players are always welcome.
2.Double check to make sure you completely filled out the nation sheet.
3.If I haven't specified something, you can make it up yourself. But nothing too extreme without my permission. For example, if I say your in a forest, you can say that it's made up of only oak and maple trees. What you cannot do is say that there is a native tribe of cannibals hidden in the trees.
4.If you have questions or feel I've done something wrong, feel free to ask or correct me.
5.I'll overlook how your species could have evolved, but not how they currently exist. For example, I'll allow a ants with lungs which allow them to grow very large, but not a chipmunk that's the size of Mt.Everest and only eats a leaf a day. Unless you have an unbelievably good explanation.
6.No aliens.
7.You can do virtually anything in this, but if you do something really stupid that I don't like, for example start a space program when your in the iron age, I'll probaly say a tornado hits and destroys the program.
8. I may change the rules or the character sheet if they need changing. I probaly won't though if your strongly against it.
This country RPG differs from others because you will not play as humans, and you must play as a different species. This species will still be smart enough to eventually build a civilization though. I'd prefer something unique, like a race of giant owls who worship leaf gods, but if you really want to play as elves I'll probaly allow it.
How this works: You will post an action and I will post a reaction. Then you post another action and I post another reaction. You can interact with other players and I may decide to force you to interact with other players, in-game. For example:
You: I send twenty chipmunk gatherers to get nuts.
Me: Your chipmunk gatherers get you enough food to last your entire village about a month.
Another player: I attack the chipmunk tribe to steal their nuts with my elephant warriors.
Your posts will usually be a few sentences though. Everyone will start in a place similar to England, but the exact geography like locations of rivers and forests can change. Everyone will spread out into neighboring areas after the game gets going. You delete everything in brackets in the nation sheet. Those aren't the only questions you answer though, just examples. The more detail you put in the less I make up for you.
Name of Race: (Owleans? Drakkgihn? What will you choose?)
Your Location: ( Are you in a thick forest? Are you on the coast?)
Hierachy: (Does your race elect a president? Do you have slaves? Do you have elders?)
Military: (Do you have spearman? Is it men only? Do you have one big army or smaller squads?)
Physical Description: (This one is pretty straight forward. But genders may differ.)
Mental Description: (Are your people all geniuses, or are they idiots? Do they have innate respect for each other? Are they warmongers naturally?)
Other Anything that doesn't fall into the other categories.)

• 138 Replies
jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

Sorry for posting this a second time, but the first one didn't show up when I checked on it a few minutes after I posted it.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Name of Race: Rychusiors (preying-mantis beings)
Your Location: You Choose
Hierachy:
- King
- Council
- Wealthy Peoples
- Mid Peoples
- Poor Peoples
- Slaves
Military: One huge army, and lots of spears!
Physical Description: Silver, three horns on head.
Mental Description: Respect, yet love war.
Other: Cannibals! (sometimes)

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

I posted on the other one...if this is the one we are going with, and im assuming it is, so I will start over by copy pasting what I had.

Name of Race: Drakvianian
Your Location: mountain side, we live in mountain caves. we prefer heat, however it is no matter being that mountain altitude usually makes it colder anyway. each individual dragon lives in a carved area in the mountain cave. its like land of the ompa lompa's in Charlie and the chocolate factory, but in caves.
Hierarchy: we have an elder council, consisting of 5 very old dragons who know much about the lands. they become replaced only when they die.
Military: being a race of dragons, everyone participates in wars. its much like ancient Sparta.
Physical Description: we are all different, most of us are red or purple but some more extravagant colors. nothing is ridiculous like rainbow though.
Mental Description: we are very headstrong. dragons are noble and honorable, we take these qualities. on an IQ basis, we are average, but the elders are extremely smart.
Other: we eat anything meaty. everyone gathers food for themselves, which is simple because we eat pretty much any living thing. we have no natural predators. we have no enemies as of now, but trust me, if a race pisses us off, we will attack. we have no preferences to anything, and luxury means almost nothing to us. we wear armor in battle, but no other time, since we would never need it. (and we wouldn't need it in battle either).

just a problem...there is really no basis to this. my civilization is a colony of dragons. what exactly am I supposed to do..?

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

I'm going to fill in the gaps for your civilizations. You can change anything I put in for you that you don't like. Your goal is to win, and I'm going put below possible victories. I'll have a scenario each turn though to make the game more interesting. You are also basically are the whole government and you decide what descisions they make. You can decide how long each of your turns are. Just say at the bottom *For five years* or however long you want it to be.

Scientific Victory- Your people find a method to get to another planet and make it livable. This could be done by terraforming mars, simply getting to Alpha Centauri, or even building a new solar system with a livable planet in it.

Conquest Victory- Rule all people on earth. This could be done by using sheer military might by expanding your country, or being voted in as global president by the united nations. United Nations does not currently exist.

Destroyer Victory- Being personally responsible for the destruction of all ife on earth. This could be done through nuking the globe, or making a supervolcano erupt.

Wealth Victory- Have your government have money equal or greater than the combined wealth of all people, globally, not in your government.

Your Location: You Choose
Hierachy:
- King
- Council
- Wealthy Peoples
- Mid Peoples
- Poor Peoples
- Slaves
Physical Description: Silver, three horns on head. They average three feet in height.

The Rychusiors have lived fairly peacefully for several decades in lean-tos beside trees in the middle of a large forest within the middle of the country. Now, however, a plague has hit their main food source: the moss deer, averaging three feet in height. Losing about eighty percent of their food, they are turning to their next favourite accesible food: other Rychusiors. Cannibalism is reaching an all new high, and if the government doesn't do something, there won't be any slaves or weak bodied people within the year, and the whole colony will be near dead within five years.

Your Location: mountain side, we live in mountain caves. we prefer heat, however it is no matter being that mountain altitude usually makes it colder anyway. each individual dragon lives in a carved area in the mountain cave. its like land of the ompa lompa's in Charlie and the chocolate factory, but in caves.
Hierarchy: we have an elder council, consisting of 5 very old dragons who know much about the lands. they become replaced only when they die.
Military: being a race of dragons, everyone participates in wars. its much like ancient Sparta.
Physical Description: we are all different, most of us are red or purple but some more extravagant colors. nothing is ridiculous like rainbow though.
Mental Description: we are very headstrong. dragons are noble and honorable, we take these qualities. on an IQ basis, we are average, but the elders are extremely smart.
Other: we eat anything meaty. everyone gathers food for themselves, which is simple because we eat pretty much any living thing. we have no natural predators. we have no enemies as of now, but trust me, if a race pisses us off, we will attack. we have no preferences to anything, and luxury means almost nothing to us. we wear armor in battle, but no other time, since we would never need it. (and we wouldn't need it in battle either).

A group of ten Drakvianians are stirring up trouble in your colony. For most civilizations, a group this small wouldn't make a difference, but the size, and through extension the amount they eat, your colony is only eighty Drakvianians. The rebels, calling themselves Darkziarians, believe that the current political set up is corrupt and that the elders are only doing what is in their best interests, not in the interests of the society in whole. They are slowly convincing the population to join their side and kill off the population, then start up a democratic system of government. *If the Darkziarians suceed, then you simply switch to control the new government. The colony would be in chaos for a while though, and there would likely be a new group of rebels who support the old way of elders who cause trouble.*

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

before I do anything I want to know this:
am I a drakvainian myself, or am I more like a god controlling them?

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

More like a god controlling the minds of the government. You don't have complete control though, and there may be a lord or something like that who argues against you. You are not worshipped though, as you do not really exist.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Your Location: Large Forest
Hierachy:
- King
- Council
- Wealthy Peoples
- Mid Peoples
- Poor Peoples
- Slaves
Physical Description: Silver, three horns on head. They average three feet in height.

To try and ward off the Cannibalism, myself and some others head out into the forest to try and find other food sources.

eragonruler
eragonruler
34 posts
Nomad

Name of Race: Rubles
Your Location: A large slightly forested grass land
Hierachy: A form of republic with elected congress who decided many actions by a vote
Military: Smaller armies made up of manly light infantry and archers.
Physical Description: Much like humans slightly taller and pale.
Mental Description: They have slightly advanced intelligence but also have a natural need to compete for everything.
Other: They are skilled archers and hunters.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

a group of drakvainians go and ask the drazarians why the are making these ridiculous assumptions.

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

Please say how long you want to keep each descision in effect. I'll end it earlier if something major happens, like another player discovers you(this will happen eventually but not for a little while). Also, you can see everything that happens within your territory but nothing outside of it. You can send scouts outside your territory to see what's outside of it. I may decide that there is a cannibal tribe you don't know about though, so your scouts will dissapear and you won't know what happened.

Hierachy:
- King
- Council
- Wealthy Peoples
- Mid Peoples
- Poor Peoples
- Slaves

*Rychus, I already said you aren't any actual being in the game. You are more like a god-thing that can control the minds of the government and choose what descisions they make. I'll only change your post a little though.*

The group of five Rychusiorian scouts the council sent out returned two days later, but some of the citizens are beginning to eat weaker neighbors. The scouts report that there isn't there isn't anything nearly as good as the deer, but there are fish in the rivers that may be able to be caught. There are also bears who live in caves, but this is riskier since one could kill several hunters if precautions aren't taken. There are also plenty of small game, like hares and foxes, but your people aren't built to hunt them.

Hierachy: A form of republic with elected congress who decided many actions by a vote
Mental Description: They have slightly advanced intelligence but also have a natural need to compete for everything.
Other: They are skilled archers and hunters.

Your people, the Rubles, all live in the same grassland. There are four seperate tribes who usually get along and don't intrude into anothers territory. Yours, the Blules, (You can change the name to whatever you want in your next post) is the most powerful tribe with the best military and the most land. Recently however, the second most powerful tribe, the Bluckshricks, have begun to send hunters into your territory to take some of your game. Currently, it isn't really an issue since food is plentiful and you have lots of other land. But in the past wars have been fought over issues such as these and the other tribes, along with our people, will regard you as weak for doing nothing and the Bluckshricks will undoubtedly will get bolder. They have always been jealous of you.

The drazarians respond by saying the elder council isn't expanding the colony's territory throughout the island, and is keeping them cooped in the cold mountains. The elders have probaly found some way to keep themselves nice and snuggly warm that they do not share with the rest of the commonfolk. They say that the council is unjust in doing this and only does this so that their selfish old bones won't have to participate in battle. They also say that the council is also fundementally unjust, as it is based off the cowards who survive by having other people do their dirtywork for them.
All this is untrue of course, though. The reason the council doesn't go to war is because with their small population, even the loss of a single dragon can be devastating, and that they don't have enough people to keep control if there ever was an uprising in an area far away from the captital. The mountains, while cold, are actual the best enviroment. There is plenty of space to fly around in, unlike the forests. The caves provide plenty of shelter and aren't really that cold. And the biggest reason is because of the small horned mountain goat which resides in these mountains. They reproduce rapidly, which allows your people to have plenty of easibly accesible food. The mountain goats have enough food themselves though because your people keep their population small. The envoy didn't realise all the positive points though, and the drazarians made a convincing arguement, so a couple decided to join the drazarians, raising their population to thirteen and lowering your to 87. (I decided to have your total population at 100, to keep the math simple. It will grow over time though.) The remaining messengers return to the council and tell them what happened.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Hierachy:
- King
- Council
- Wealthy Peoples
- Mid Peoples
- Poor Peoples
- Slaves

I have them go after the fish.

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

Hierachy:
- King
- Council
- Wealthy Peoples
- Mid Peoples
- Poor Peoples
- Slaves

Your scouts, told simply to catch fish, wade into a river and grab for fish. They manage to catch a couple by spearing them with their hand-blade-things, but the fish learn to avoid them quickly. Your group of five scouts return a few hours later with five fish, two caught by one scout and three by another. Three scouts weren't able to catch anything.

eragonruler
eragonruler
34 posts
Nomad

Other: They are skilled archers and hunters

In Response to the encroachment of the Bluckshrickes the Blues send scouts to see the Bluckshrikes army size.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Hierachy:
- King
- Council
- Wealthy Peoples
- Mid Peoples
- Poor Peoples
- Slaves

I keep having them catch fish but sending more Rychusiors to catch them.
*How many citizens or Rychusiors are there in my 'Country'?*

DavidLS
DavidLS
651 posts
Nomad

Name of Race: Foxlins
Your Location: Open field near forest
Hierachy: 5 Elders lead the people. They themselves pick who will replace them
Military: One big army of both genders lead by the youngest Elder.
Physical Description: Fox people. Males are 3 feet tall, females 2,5 feet tall. Often Brown fur, but sometimes they are born with red fur.
Mental Description: They are loyal to each other, but dislikes other speices. This makes them keep to themselves most of the time, but not afraid to fight.
Other: They are very religious, and worship many different gods. They believe the Elders have a special link with the gods.

Showing 1-15 of 138