ForumsPopular MediaBad movies

80 35671
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Have you seen a bad movie and always wanted to post a rant about it on ArmorGames? Well now you can.

The only bad movie that I can think of right now is After Earth. I watched it at my cousin's house and it was so boring. Literally most of the movie is just talking and walking. I didn't even understand the story to the movie, I remember at the end the boy, played by Jaden Smith who should really take some acting lessons, reached a crashed ship to signal that he and his father crash landed but there were also these constant flash backs in the middle of the movie where he remembers his sister(or whoever it is) dying, and at the end it made me wonder, "Why were the flashbacks there at all? Why did they constantly happen? Why were they the same flashbacks? Why did the flashbacks have no relation with the story?" The movie was also dull and dry, there was so little action that I literally almost fell asleep at the beginning.

I bet this was another one of those chances where Will Smith can make his son into a star. It didn't work Will, it just didn't work.

• 80 Replies
Shukelven
Shukelven
42 posts
Peasant

This is the End.

Wow, I think my expectations for this movie were very high, that was why it was so disappointing. It's good at the beginning, it was a very promising intro for the movie, but then, ****, it just couldn't got so bad. Just very good actors, and Emma Watson, only two things I liked from the movie.

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace (1999) was a bad movie.

In 1993, ( I prob got the wrong date ) Jurassic Park was made, it showed America can do with SGI and digital effects.

In Star Wars episode 1, IT HAD JUST TOO MUCH.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace (1999) was a bad movie.

All of 1-3 were bad.

Was it in another thread? I don't see it.

Oops, my mistake, it was a different thread.

Here is where I talked about them
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Plan 9 from outer space is the archetypal bad movie.

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

All of 1-3 were bad.

3 was the hero of the rest of all the prequels.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

That isn't saying a lot

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Except Ruby actually has more significance in his movie than being some gimmick made to appeal to children for merchandise sales

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Nope, Ruby and Jar Jar both have the same role of annoying useless sidekick who joins the hero(s) near the beginning of the film.

~~~Darth Caedus

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Nope, Ruby and Jar Jar both have the same role of annoying useless sidekick who joins the hero(s) near the beginning of the film.

I refer you back to my previous statement. And Ruby actually had purpose in the movie.

Revenge of the Sith was the best movie in the entire series! 2 was good too, kinda.

Again, this is not saying much.

At all.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I refer you back to my previous statement. And Ruby actually had purpose in the movie.

I could have put bob the generic guy from generic city 2059, and the same thing would have been covered.

Ruby Rod: random annoying guy who entered the movie and began to wreak our ears with his annoying voice as he spouted pointless stuff that had no bearing on the plot.

Jar Jar: Random annoying alien who entered the movie and began to wreak our brain with his stupid plans and speech pattern as he spouted stuff that guided the protagonists around naboo.

~~~Darth Caedus
DrElmer
DrElmer
552 posts
Shepherd

Barbarella sure was a horrible film, although I did like how much of Jane Fonda is in the flick.

Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

Much of it is a complete rip off of Alien...

Yes and no. It was originally supposed to be a 3 part prequel series to Alien. How exactly they became convinced that making it a separate film series would be a good idea is a mystery to me, but it's the cause of about half the problems with that movie. The other half was caused by every character being an idiot despite being accomplished scientists.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Ruby Rod: random annoying guy who entered the movie and began to wreak our ears with his annoying voice as he spouted pointless stuff that had no bearing on the plot.

Ruby was an announcer and was a foil to our main character. This alone makes him far more important to his respective movie than Jar Jar.
He is also a slight representation of the quirky nature of the time the main character lives in.

And again, I point out that the only reason for Jar Jar's existence was to increase merchandise sales towards children.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Ruby's main lines

"Korben"

"Korben my man"

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

"(*shieking) blah blah blah"

Jar Jar

"safe place thisa way"

"Mesa get help"