ForumsPopular MediaBad movies

80 35676
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Have you seen a bad movie and always wanted to post a rant about it on ArmorGames? Well now you can.

The only bad movie that I can think of right now is After Earth. I watched it at my cousin's house and it was so boring. Literally most of the movie is just talking and walking. I didn't even understand the story to the movie, I remember at the end the boy, played by Jaden Smith who should really take some acting lessons, reached a crashed ship to signal that he and his father crash landed but there were also these constant flash backs in the middle of the movie where he remembers his sister(or whoever it is) dying, and at the end it made me wonder, "Why were the flashbacks there at all? Why did they constantly happen? Why were they the same flashbacks? Why did the flashbacks have no relation with the story?" The movie was also dull and dry, there was so little action that I literally almost fell asleep at the beginning.

I bet this was another one of those chances where Will Smith can make his son into a star. It didn't work Will, it just didn't work.

• 80 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I meant out of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6, (Or 4, 5, 6, 1, 2, and 3, depending on how you say it.) three is the best. If you think the entire Star Wars series sucks, you don't belong here.

For your viewing pleasure on why Ep 3 sucks

*cough* Ewoks *cough*

They were as well, which is a shame. A large showing of the poor direction Lucas began to take with the movies.

Ruby's main lines

Read again: He was the foil to the protagonist

You should really watch The Fifth Element. It's a good movie
Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

A detail that tells it dosen't suck

That doesn't help the argument for ep3 at all, given how it completely *******izes what combat was about between users of the force established by ep4-6

Or this one.

Jeepers, fast paced combat with stale line delivery. I'm booked
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

That doesn't help the argument for ep3 at all, given how it completely *******izes what combat was about between users of the force established by ep4-6

Better example of combat between force users than in the original trillogy, considering they can use the force to enhance their own physical capabilities, while ep 4-6 looked like two people beating at each other with laser swords.

~~~Darth Caedus
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Better example of combat between force users than in the original trillogy, considering they can use the force to enhance their own physical capabilities, while ep 4-6 looked like two people beating at each other with laser swords.

That's exactly my point, it isn't about physical capabilities. At all.

Ep4-6 it was more about the force than anything physical. Why was Yoda considered one of the best? Because he was so strong in the force. Not because he could flip a hundred times. In ep4-6 battles were more apparent metaphors of one's strength with the force.
Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

I'd give up pangtongshu. Darth Caedus is too young to recognize that story quality is more important than special effects and fast paced action sequences. Just leave him watching a Michael Bay movie and let the thread go back to bad movies.

On that note, Eragon. I never actually bothered to watch it because I read the books and knew I wouldn't like the movie. But, I did predict several things that would be wrong with the movie based on what I saw in the trailers and every critic review about the movie had the exact same complaints, even if the critic never read the book.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I'd give up pangtongshu. Darth Caedus is too young to recognize that story quality is more important than special effects and fast paced action sequences. Just leave him watching a Michael Bay movie and let the thread go back to bad movies.

I'd like to know where you pulled that from, the argument is simply that Ruby is the most annoying movie character, and the lightsaber battles in ep 4-6 are a misrepresentation between the abilities of force-sensitives.

Ep4-6 it was more about the force than anything physical. Why was Yoda considered one of the best? Because he was so strong in the force. Not because he could flip a hundred times. In ep4-6 battles were more apparent metaphors of one's strength with the force.
What force, I've seen the movies, episode 4 has a short fight where they share playful banter and occasionally swing at each other, episode 5 had a longer fight where they swing swords at each other and occasionally throw stuff, and ep 6 is a psychological battle.

[quote=Tyrannus]I see this contest will not be decided by our knowledge with the force, but by our skill with a lightsaber[/quote]

~~~Darth Caedus
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

What force, I've seen the movies, episode 4 has a short fight where they share playful banter and occasionally swing at each other, episode 5 had a longer fight where they swing swords at each other and occasionally throw stuff, and ep 6 is a psychological battle.

The fights, as I've stated, were apparent metaphors for the abilities with the force. The fights swayed towards whoever was stronger with the force.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

The fights, as I've stated, were apparent metaphors for the abilities with the force. The fights swayed towards whoever was stronger with the force.

I've never heard that before, as I understood it, for example in ep 6, the reason Luke beat Vader so savagely was because the rage of the Dark Side increased his combat ability (if you watch the scene vadar is struggling to hold back the force of Luke's blows, even though logically his cybernetic arm probably makes him stronger on top of force augmentation)

~~~Darth Caedus
Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

I'd like to know where you pulled that from, the argument is simply that Ruby is the most annoying movie character, and the lightsaber battles in ep 4-6 are a misrepresentation between the abilities of force-sensitives.

The argument is about whether or not Episode 3 is the best of the Star Wars series. It is not, it is a bad movie. It's better than the other 2 prequels but that is not saying much. You believe that Episode 3 is the best because of flashy special effects that allowed people to use the force in combat focusing solely on the fight scenes instead of the movie as a whole.

The original trilogy was a sci-fi version of the old west stories Lucas grew up with. They're all about good overcoming evil. They also had numerous people telling Lucas not to do the stupid stuff he wanted to. The prequels were a cash grab that attempted to lead up to the originals with an epic but was so focused on getting money from fans that they failed miserably.

I've never heard that before, as I understood it, for example in ep 6, the reason Luke beat Vader so savagely was because the rage of the Dark Side increased his combat ability (if you watch the scene vadar is struggling to hold back the force of Luke's blows, even though logically his cybernetic arm probably makes him stronger on top of force augmentation)

Yes, Luke's ability to use the force allowed him to overpower Vader. The fact that he started falling to the dark side changed how his connection to the force could be used but it didn't change the fact that Luke was stronger than Vader.

You also seem to be forgetting Luke's training. During his training with Yoda he's taught to focus his ability to control the force. Yoda then pulls Luke's X-Wing out of the swamp because when using the force outside of a fight with another force user, it's not about how strong you are but your ability to control the force.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I was not arguing that Ep 3 was a good movie, I was arguing (earlier) that Ruby is more annoying than Jar Jar and am now arguing that Ep 3 provides a better example of lightsaber combat than the original trilogy.

Yes, Luke's ability to use the force allowed him to overpower Vader. The fact that he started falling to the dark side changed how his connection to the force could be used but it didn't change the fact that Luke was stronger than Vader.
The force can be used to enhance physical capabilities (no other reason for Vadar to look like he did imo, struggling to hold back the force of an overpowering blow), such as: Jump higher, fall further, run faster, and general increase in strength and ability (for example, a blaster fires a laser that moves at the speed of light (the bolt is sublight, but the bolt just follows the path of the laser), so Jedi and Sith use the force to anticipate where the blasters will be followed and quickly move their blade to deflect them)

You also seem to be forgetting Luke's training. During his training with Yoda he's taught to focus his ability to control the force. Yoda then pulls Luke's X-Wing out of the swamp because when using the force outside of a fight with another force user, it's not about how strong you are but your ability to control the force.
Focus your ability to control the force now, can control it better in high tense situations (such as fights), this is why Jedi have been used to boost the combat ability of an ENTIRE FLEET (also part of the reason Empire had to retreat after destruction of Death Star, Palpatine was giving them support), and are effective in combat against others, despite bringing a sword to a gun fight.

~~~Darth Caedus
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Those old Charlie Chaplin films drive me insane. Why are movies from that time period so stupid?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

>calling Charlie Chaplin stupid

I can't even describe how bad that was

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

>calling Charlie Chaplin stupid

I can't even describe how bad that was

I've seen one of his movies, i think its name was "The Immigrant" or something like that. It was funny, except for the end when Chaplin dragged the lady into the marriage office.

~~~Darth Caedus
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Why are movies from that time period so stupid?

You...just...called...Harold Lloyd stupid. Harold Lloyd.
http://awwca.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Harold-Lloyd-in-Safety-Last.jpg
Showing 46-60 of 80