ForumsNews and FeedbackAd-Free Gaming

162 64172
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Hate ads? You now have an option to remove them from the site. Just click the remove button next to ads and for a nominal fee you can remove the ads from the site.

Also, there may be a super secret forum. I mean... err NO forum, that doesn't exist.

• 162 Replies
Ladei4life
Ladei4life
8 posts
Lady

Oh interesting!

Thank you guys for enlightening me more on the processes behinds adverts on Armor Games.

Learning new things is cool.

Yppo
Yppo
1 posts
Peasant

Maybe implement some more Adds that last for like 5mins or so, so much fun!

minecraftsniper
minecraftsniper
697 posts
Herald

Those are just add and you can always skip them so not a big problems i never got an add that lasted long always can skip them here not that your life will end by five minutes , if you really want to play those games you will always have to wait , that is how adds works .

MerlinCross
MerlinCross
56 posts
Nomad

@minecraftsniper

No ad should last 5 minutes, not even TV ones. That's why most ads online are short or attracts attention. No one likes waiting for a website to load, so why are people going to wait for a long ad to play. Just hit the refresh button and hope you get a shorter video ad instead, or leave. The longer it is to get to what you want, the more likely people will close the browser or try to go elsewhere.

Now I've never gotten one that long but there have been ads that bug out for me. Either blocking the screen by extending the ad, the ad refusing to go away even though I click "Go away/Skip" and a favorite of mine, sound based ads that interrupt your game to sell you something.

I don't blame AG for all of this. Part of the blame goes to....whatever service they use to put up the ads. I doubt AG sits there and decides what goes up, no it's the banner company they work with that should get part of the blame. Stop with the annoying ads guys, they don't work as effectively anymore!

raunchy
raunchy
40 posts
Blacksmith

well R2 like always you miss the point. im not saying to take ads down im saying if they need more pennies a day then add ads tot he forums rather than panhandle from visitors. want to post? then watch a 5 seconds video if the video is longer the 90 seconds. if its under 90 seconds then watch the whole thing. also put ads at the top and bottom of the reply box.

im sure they could turn a small profit off you alone R2.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

want to post? then watch a 5 seconds video if the video is longer the 90 seconds. if its under 90 seconds then watch the whole thing. also put ads at the top and bottom of the reply box.

I got the point, but like I said there's really no need as the forums is a place for talking. Games however are the main focus point for advertisement and they're more worthwhile to wait on

Now lets compare this to real-life. In a football game there are advertisements in the middle of a game, let's say football, people can wait for that. Now imagine having a conversation with people, it would be really annoying and unnecessary to have an advertisement popping up every time you wanted to talk. A flash game, I can wait for that. But waiting every time because ads pop-up just to speak to someone is, again, annoying and unnecessary.

well R2 like always you miss the point.

Like always? I'm pretty sure this is the only time I've ever communicated with you in any form.
minecraftsniper
minecraftsniper
697 posts
Herald

@MerlinCross im saying that all websites have to put adds because that how the website is still alive without them all would be destroyed, also if youre really hoping to get to play a game and wait does not happens only in this Website happens on all websites so its not a great difference if you like the games adds will be there so this is like life works .

keeshond
keeshond
3 posts
Farmer

After dumping $8k+ into Wartune, I should have a lifetime, ad-free experience without any additional upsell.

raunchy
raunchy
40 posts
Blacksmith

if that's true you have a serious brain malfunction keeshond

R2 id be happy if people had to watch an ad before they opened their mouth. would cut down on a lot of the stupid things I have to hear.

minecraftsniper
minecraftsniper
697 posts
Herald

I personally have watched adds and that is sometimes annoying i wont say its not , but its not that bad to make this whole problem about them .

NismoUG
NismoUG
2 posts
Nomad

I hate ads mostly because the slow the game down and also, because they are annoying.

MerlinCross
MerlinCross
56 posts
Nomad

@minecraftsniper

Of course ads are everywhere, the ad companies and the companies they work for have to make cash somehow cause people are watching TV less(Or just Netflix). Problem is the flood of ads sites usually get. SO wait, it's okay for me to have to sit though 3-4 ads JUST to get to the game loading up, which by the way has another ad in the actual game screen?

That shouldn't happen. Sorry but advertisements seem to have just stopped caring about thinking smart and decided to flood websites with ads even worse.

And you're right. Ads are going to be on a game I want to play. That's how life works. BUT if the visitor is bothered by the amount of ads, they are either NOT going to the site again(Which loses you money) or put up a blocking program(Which still loses you money). "But other sites have ads" - yes and some people will take the chance that the ads are not as bad elsewhere. Because that's how people work.

I should not have to refresh 5 times just to get an ad that doesn't actually distract or hamper me from what I want to play or view.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

BUT if the visitor is bothered by the amount of ads

Which most of us aren't, as constant exposure desensitises us.
MerlinCross
MerlinCross
56 posts
Nomad

Which most of us aren't, as constant exposure desensitises us.

If that's the case, why do they need to take money from MMO companies when they should be making all this ad money?
minecraftsniper
minecraftsniper
697 posts
Herald

Because they need that money to grow as a website , you dont have to pay if you dont want to .

Showing 16-30 of 162