ForumsNews and Feedbackan idea

16 9538
riku_ullman
riku_ullman
1,148 posts
Farmer

I have an idea to make armor games better. add a level system. when you get a quest, post a game (that is good) or get merits, you get points. every 500 points you level up. every 100 points you get a coin witch can be used in the item store where you can get perks for seperate games or get perks or features for the website itself (including AFG+ for 1 day, and can be bought only ten times.) supercoins you can get for getting a certin amount of hard quests, post really good games, every level up you have a 25% chance to get one. you can also buy supercoins ($1 USD for 5 supercoins). these can be used to trade for coins, get extreme perks for games and even AFG+ for 15 days. you can also use supercoins to get AFG++ ($10 USD for 5 days, $20 USD for 12 days.) feel like these features will really take gaming to a whole new level, including forcing gamers to play games that sound boring but are not. also try adding quests for most great games, and speed up the pace of making them if possible. more content = longer gaming = more people = happieness for you and us.

• 16 Replies
riku_ullman
riku_ullman
1,148 posts
Farmer

oh and please lock this beacuase I don't want any comments like: you misspelled _, you missed _ and stuff.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

There used to be a system like this *minus the premium bonuses* but that was replaced with quests. It was done away with for several reasons, not the least of which was spam.

If you go onto the pages of users who have been here longer, me for instance, you'll see that there are some quests that are no longer available. These are legacy quests which were obtained by reaching certain ranks in the Armor Games of old. You got these ranks by posting, rating games etc. and earning "Armor Points". There was a bit of a fuss from the community when they first, but after being told that it wasn't coming back enough times we got over it.

You'd be surprised by how much progress activity wise has been made lately. I think a lot of us thought it would go down after it's removal, and some people *myself included * became less active after it, but it's more active than it has been in a long time. Not that it being more active wouldn't be a good thing of course!

~Manly

riku_ullman
riku_ullman
1,148 posts
Farmer

how about if they were both there, the quests and the ranks (not ranks levels.)

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

how about if they were both there, the quests and the ranks (not ranks levels.)

About a year ago, everyone was having this discussion, wondering if Armor Points (the old system) could go hand in hand with Quests. The admins did consider it, but nevertheless did away with it and overhauled everything to make way for AG 3.0 (I'm pretty sure its 3.0 if i'm remembering right)

I don't think they will implement a points system again soon, although it is a possibility. And I'm pretty much sure that there will be no premium currency and stuff either soon, or else it probably would've happened already.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

I like the idea of Quests bestowing AP depending on the difficulty of the Quest earned, but that's coming out of my head.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I like the idea of Quests bestowing AP depending on the difficulty of the Quest earned, but that's coming out of my head.

Ditto.
xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Ahhhh ;c There was once such system, but i never achieved high rank >.> I dont wana something i cant win D: Som thats why i have another counter suggestion, but im gonna keep if for myself :3

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Oh AP..I've only heard tales of the wondrous spamming that came about from you *heart*

but i shall miss you

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

I remember the days when I would spam useless comments on games I've never played to get AP..... I also remember when FG posts counted as real posts >.

DarthTyrannausarus
DarthTyrannausarus
538 posts
Nomad

Wow, So people could get "AP" from spamming in games?
Yeah @riku_ullman, but the system we have now is fine.

miklothegamer
miklothegamer
348 posts
Count

Everytime new games would come out I put them in a favorites list in my browser, cause I wanted to play every game before I voted an commented on it so that I could do more than just "good game", but I never caught up because when I would play a game and liked it, I would want to complete it 100%. So my list just got longer and longer, I was kinda happy when it changed to quests, because I could focus on less games. But I do wish I had enough time to play them all haha.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

A point system based upon Quests is being heavily discussed already.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Ooohhh... mysterious statement! Intriguing... (Oo)

riku_ullman
riku_ullman
1,148 posts
Farmer

how is it mysterious?

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

many many months ago i made a suggestion talking about bringing back AP but combined with quests, like an easy quest = 5 AP, medium = 10, hard = 20, getting all game quests = 50. but wasnt very well interesting to others at the time

Showing 1-15 of 16