ForumsQuestsThe King of Towers Quests

424 275221
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

New Quests for The King of Towers are now available! Discuss them below.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15924/media/icon/0181b8f3226624041429de4b4c8e2003.png?v=1411385821
Magi
Unlock all Magic Skills.
Hardness: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15924/media/icon/030b761632b82f10c65eb2e083706009.png?v=1409160782&vv=1411150041
Brawler
Defeat 5 different players in the Battle Pit.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15924/media/icon/3f344f31df56679c182e6f4d6b60b072.png?v=1409160855&vv=1411149890
Heroless
Defeat a level on Hard without heroes.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15924/media/icon/e5d0d7ecd7d5348a51c7640a76f1434f.png?v=1409161003&vv=1411149920
Into the Depths
Challenge Blitz Acres.
Hardness: Medium

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15924/media/icon/46b52ba4672188f0eb728974f4f7aac7.png?v=1409161075&vv=1411149941
Shackles
Imprison an enemy player.
Hardness: Medium

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15924/media/icon/6c66654b14f7ee2f2bd2da0c76528116.png?v=1409161152&vv=1411149974
Alchemist
Combine equipment shards into equipment.
Hardness: Hard

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15924/media/icon/5326fce104602aedbb050588cee31acf.png?v=1409161184&vv=1411150014
Heavenly
Earn 300 stars from levels.
Hardness: Hard

• 424 Replies
A_M_C
A_M_C
3 posts
Nomad

exactly it does not seem to be keeping up

Arkeyo
Arkeyo
148 posts
King

So how do I get equipment shards to combine them into equipment?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@Arkeyo: Shard chests come from Blitz Acres. There's also a chance to win one from the Lucky Loot Wheel.

TiSe88
TiSe88
432 posts
King

I agree, this game is fun at the beginning but becomes really annoying after the first map. You just do your same stupid daily tasks every day and wait several days for your resources to be enough to upgrade your towers so you can beat 1 battle. Then you have to farm again several days to beat the next battle.
Luckily I got the right equipment shards from the Blitz Acres to forge them for the quest. So now just a few more levels to unlock the prison and I'm done with this.

Question:
Does anyone know, if the Heavenly quest will be reset for those who got it in the beginning (when it was buggy, maybe it still is??) without having 300 stars? I seem to remember that I read this somewhere

MercWithMouth
MercWithMouth
38 posts
Constable

@Gantic: then I guess we should stress to the development team that they need to make a more effort to make the game more captivating. Consider this... there is a VIP-TIER9 in this game. The cost? 100,000diamonds which is about $10,000. TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS FOR A VIDEO GAME?! They probably aren't TOO serious about expecting guys to purchase VIP-TIER9, of course. But there are a huge amount of little fixes and improvements they can do to make this game more captivating. Much of the game is very enjoyable-- we only ask the development team to remedy those few portions that are perhaps not quite as enjoyable.

MercWithMouth
MercWithMouth
38 posts
Constable

@Olinser: You said, " by far the best tower to get first is the Sniper Tower,". You certainly made a very strong case for buying the Sniper Tower AND .50CAL-upgrade! But, let me ask you this...? Before the .50CAL-upgrade is purchased, how useful is the Sniper Tower? By 'useful', I am asking how dramatically will the Sniper Tower affect gameplay compared to before it was purchased? In the case of myself, purchasing the DRAGONEER Tower affected gameplay TREMENDOUSLY. Levels which I had been struggling with, became a breeze with the DRAGONEER Tower. So... how much change might arise from having the Sniper Tower (without .50Cal-upgrade)?

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

@MercWithMouth (nice Deadpool quote btw) - From the way you are talking it sounds like you have only actually upgraded one tower to level 3, which probably puts you somewhere in the 2nd (Ice) area. Pretty much ANY of the base level 3 towers is good enough to get you through most of those levels, heck most of the levels you won't have enough money to get more than a couple level 3 towers before the final wave anyway.

I actually consider the Dragoneer tower to be the 2nd best tower, and it is pretty much the only tower I build other than Sniper towers or a single level 1 Barracks. The abilities aren't fantastic, but they are much better than most of the other towers, but still take a major backseat to the 0.50 cal shells.

However you are going to run into serious problems in area 3 if all you have is the Dragoneer tower. Most obviously, the Dragoneer tower won't target air units.

The other big problem they run into is that they simply don't do enough single target damage. Again, not a big problem in the 2nd area, but when you start running into things in the 3rd area like Wolfriders with 60k hp, the Dragoneer tower simply isn't enough to take down the high HP mobs.

When I build Dragoneer owers in levels, I usually only build 1 or 2 at the front of the level to try and hit the maximum number of mobs, and then Sniper towers the rest of the way.

If you upgraded the Dragoneer tower first, not that big a deal, but I would highly suggest that your next purchase be the Sniper tower, followed by the 0.50 cal shells.

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

@Gantic - I was thinking about this the other day and I'm legitimately curious... Kingdom Rush and this game were made by 2 different developers, have the developers of Kingdom Rush considered suing this company for copyright infringement? The game is so laughably blatant about it - they use literally the SAME graphics for crying out loud.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@Olinser: Maybe there was an agreement with Ironhide. Crush the Castle was inspired by Castle Clout and Armor Games asked for the blessing of Castle Clout's developer. Doesn't stop people calling Castle Clout a ripoff of Crush the Castle, which is ludicrous.

Even if there isn't an agreement, copyright infringment isn't easy to prove or win short of straight up ripping off images, music, writing, and code. Being similar isn't enough if enough details are different. It's easy enough to come up with your own images, music, writing, code and come up with a reasonably similar game. Gameplay can't be copyright. Some characters can't be copyrighted and the types of units in Kingdom Rush, I'm sure aren't amd can't be because they aren't original.

So far, there's no legal precedent for similar ripoff games being sued successfully for copyeit infringement. EA sued Zynga two years ago for this, but the case was dismissed last year. If it had gone through and EA had won, then there would be precedent, but that might have been a slippery slope. But there isn't and it'd be hard to prove or win which might end up unnecessarily costly.

MercWithMouth
MercWithMouth
38 posts
Constable

@Olinser: Oh, my situation is a little more unique than you might realize... I'm currently Level32 and ranked#4 in my battle-guild for player level. I was able to fight my way through the Easy, Heroic, and Hard versions of each stage in the GRASS-WORLD and in the ICE-WORLD, and also the first stage of the LAVA-WORLD.

While I had been previously going crazy trying to figure out how to advance past the fifth (I think it was the fifth?) level of the LAVA WORLD, after buying the DRAGONEER Tower, I was able to breeze through all the remaining LAVA WORLD levels, and also all of the DESERT-WORLD levels on Easy-mode.

At present, as Tier4 Towers go, I have: Jungle Warfare, Dragoneer, and Sniper.

However, I still haven't been able to get past the Heroic-mode of LAVA WORLD level#2! So, I badly need some advice for how to do it. Even before I upgraded to DRAGONEER-Towers, Cannon-Towers were my answer for almost everything. So, if you have some advice for how to beat LAVA WORLD Level#2 Heroic-mode, please share them!

Also, what are your tips for the "TOWER TALENT UPGRADES"? Which are the ideal ones to get? The reason why I'm hesitant to start buying the TOWER TALENT UPGRADES is because I know they require 'stars' to buy, and once you've used up a star, it's used for good.

Thanks OIinser!

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

@Yahel007 - no, they won't. Level 27 is not 'high level' or 'more experienced', especially when you straight up admit you can't compare them yourself. I have never heard a single person before you try and claim Assassin Tower is the best in the game. Because it simply doesn't do enough damage.

As I already proved last page, the 0.50 cal shells at max upgrade amounts to a 480% damage upgrade, AND comes with the handy dandy 1 hit KO, AND doesn't suffer from an inability to kill single targets.

Bouncing 5 times is indeed a 500% upgrade - IF you bounce 5 times literally every single shot. A fairly significant amount of time, you won't bounce more than a couple, not to mention having extreme trouble with high HP mobs.

Again, Sniper Lookout simply blows it out of the water.

Can Assassin tower be useful? Sure, there are a couple levels with larger waves where it can be efficient. The vast majority of the time, it simply doesn't hold a candle to Sniper.

A_M_C
A_M_C
3 posts
Nomad

head first is not updating the quests the line hasnt moved and I dont get too many new monsters at my level

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

@Yahel007 - I already finished it a long time ago, I beat it somewhere around level 25. It was a joke with sniper towers. The only annoying part was the very last part where wolfriders spawn from the cave right next to the exit, and even that was easy with barracks juggling.

The Assassin tower has literally nothing on the Sniper tower. It has lower range, less base damage, and has extreme trouble with high health mobs.

MercWithMouth
MercWithMouth
38 posts
Constable

@Olinser: Oh? So you beat LAVA WORLD-Stage2Heroic when you were only around Level25? Did you only have the Sniper Tower at the time, or did you also have the '.50CAL' Upgrade as well?

Also, tell me what are the 'Tower Talents' you recommend spending Tears-of-Shiva on?

I'd love for some tips!

MercWithMouth
MercWithMouth
38 posts
Constable

@Olinser: Oh, yeah! That reminds me... in part thanks to your tips regarding getting the Sniper Tower, I have gotten 3Stars on EVERY Easy Level preceding the 'Marsh Zone.' Now, I just need to figure out how to beat LAVA WORLD-Stage2Heroic and I can proceed with the game...

Showing 121-135 of 424