ForumsPopular MediaAny anime fans around here? XD

333 121503
elshobokshy
elshobokshy
159 posts
Nomad

Hey you! *offers two cookies, a cup of weird looking orange tea and some loliness ^____^*

Okay so I was just wondering, how much of an anime fan are you? Feel free to talk about anything anime related in this topic!

• 333 Replies
devansh_asthana
devansh_asthana
480 posts
Farmer

Anyone plays ''Katherine''?

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

You know, the one thing School Days is useful for, is brute strength. While watching this, you will feel like opening multiple pickle jars and more as this anime will tick you off more than any other.

So boy meets girl 1, girl 2 helps boy get girl 1, boy gets girl 1, boy decides to cheat and then have sex with girl 2, lots of sex and stupid choices so skip to the last episode, nice boat. I just saved you from wasting 6 hours of your life.

The show is nothing more than a love triangle with lots of sex and anger. I mean the show could have done without the multitudes of sex going around. Seriously the entirety of episode 4 was about the Main character touching his girlfriend's boobs. I don't want to watch that. I want to watch something other than that.

So let's get to the characters... oh boy... the first one of course is the number 1 winner of the biggest ****** bag award, Itou Makoto. This guy, this piece of crap makes me want to throw a table at him. He treats girls like they're sex objects and changes his feelings constantly. Who the heck do you really love?!

I don't really want to talk about the other two girls, mostly because I had to type this review thing three times, but also because they're kind of eh.

Art was also skin crawlingly bad. Just so very bad. Nothing more to say.

Opening was alright, endings I just skipped, music I didn't really listen to, and voices were mostly ok.

So if you love getting mad, School Days is the show for you. If not, never watch it. For your own sake.

lol just as i said.

except you forgot about the unnecesairy camera angles. i usually dont notice these stuff but when you realise that the entire picture is 90 degrees flipped and you have no idea why that means something.

i heard the visual novel is better. and that in the visual novel makoto actually isnt that bad (since you can also kinda choose what he does). katsura in both the anime and visual novel is actually pretty great (except when she loses her mind but in the end its still all about her love for him).

the true devil for the visual novel is sekai... she keeps getting in the way. and whenever she loses her mind its over jealousy and selfishness and not love.

since youve watched the anime, i recomend you to view the visual novels endings (im not gonna bother reading it either). they are anime-like so its short. i particularly mean the bad endings, they truly show who the twisted person truly is and made my fear of heights and train tracks 100 times worse.

Anyone plays ''Katherine''?

ive watched pewds play it. it was interesting

munkind
munkind
54 posts
Prince

I've just watched 705 ep. of One Piece. I like OP so much :^)

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

While on holiday I watched Laputa: Castle in the Sky again, which is still a great adventure film. Of course, you knew that because you've already seen it, haven't you?

I also watched the utterly bizarre but weirdly compelling Pom Poko, which is about raccoons/tanuki trying to scare human building developers away from their countryside homeland. Consistent with Japanese folklore, the males have magical testicles. No, really. The use of narration is somewhat lazy, and the ecological moralising is heavy handed in places, but otherwise this is quite a good, if odd, film.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

I also watched the utterly bizarre but weirdly compelling Pom Poko, which is about raccoons/tanuki trying to scare human building developers away from their countryside homeland. Consistent with Japanese folklore, the males have magical testicles. No, really. The use of narration is somewhat lazy, and the ecological moralising is heavy handed in places, but otherwise this is quite a good, if odd, film.

i remember watching that film. honestly... it was bad. i couldnt wait watching it simply because i love animals and usually movies that show how they see the world are nice.

but it just... wasnt emotional enough. the setting was pretty interesting and the tanukis magical powers were really interesting too. but eventually the movie just became rediculous... through the movie i was still hoping for SOME emotional story about a character but nothing really made me sad, happy, mad or whatever. even one of the characters death which could have been kinda touching was made rediculous when some funny budha ghosts ruined the moment.

theres good odd, like spirited away, my neighbour totoro etc. then theres rediculous like this movie. i really dont recomend it to anyone.

i still think the setting was interesting. if they just added something a person could have related to and made it a good story then it could have been great. too bad

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

except you forgot about the unnecesairy camera angles. i usually dont notice these stuff but when you realise that the entire picture is 90 degrees flipped and you have no idea why that means something.

Were there? I don't really pay attention to that kind of stuff. I think the closest thing I noticed were the panty shots sprinkled throughout the show.

i recomend you to view the visual novels endings

Is it really worth it though? Is it really?

Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

Also, have you even seen an episode of Mononoke? Do you even know what it's about?

@Witigen
I'm watching it now. It's short and I've watched worse so I'll watch the whole series. But this is a really bad show. The soundtrack doesn't fit the mood. The coloration is completely wrong for the tone of the show (and not in a Pushing Daisies ironic way). It relies on weird visuals to convey some half-baked moral lesson. And the animation is absolutely horrendous. If this is the type of series you like, I recommend you try Requiem from the Darkness. It's a very strange, very dark, and very gory series about mankind's inner demons. I think you'll find it vastly superior to Mononoke.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Is it really worth it though? Is it really?

just for the horror/shock value. they arent long anyway. probably like 3 minutes each. come on, you have to admit that at least the ending of the anime wasnt bad as a horror ending on its own.

Were there? I don't really pay attention to that kind of stuff. I think the closest thing I noticed were the panty shots sprinkled throughout the show.

throughout the entire thing. i usually discarded that as just being me but there was one scene in particular where people just talked (i think there was a swing there? but not sure) and all of a sudden i see the character 90 degrees upside down for like 5 minutes. then bam upside down. it really had no purpose and if i saw it in an amatuer film i would have thought that the creators forgot to edit this part and that it was a mistake.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

This is getting ridiculous. It's impossible for me to watch almost any of the anime I want to watch here in the UK:

A Certain Magical Index and A Certain Scientific Railgun are unavailable in my region on Funimation's YouTube channel, and aren't on CrunchyRoll or Netflix.

Cowboy Bebop isn't on any service.

Angel Beats is region locked on Crunchy Roll and is nowhere else.

So basically I'm limited to Fullmetal Alchemist unless I buy the DVDs, which I lack the cash for. Maybe I'll give Log Horizon a go...

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I watched episode 1 of Log Horizon. It's another &quotoeple end up trapped in a game" story. Daft but fun seems a fair assessment of it. Plus, the central character Shiro is like an idealised version of myself, which is nice.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

This is getting ridiculous. It's impossible for me to watch almost any of the anime I want to watch here in the UK:

@09philj, if you want to watch anime for free, you could try AnimeUltima or any other anime watching website like it. All the anime you listed in your post are certain to be on the site.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

@09philj, if you want to watch anime for free, you could try AnimeUltima or any other anime watching website like it. All the anime you listed in your post are certain to be on the site.

Most sites like that just make my internet security go "NOPE" with no option to continue to site anyway.

Beelzebub124
Beelzebub124
5 posts
Nomad

I love anime I am now currently trying to fined manga at my school with Sandland. And a few months ago i finished watching soul Eater. Latly i have not been watching too much anime unless you want to count Dragon Ball Z Resurrection "F" witch I saw in the movie theater.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I finished Durarara!! a while ago and Durarara!!x2 Shou yesterday. But I'll talk about Shou later because it's a two-parter and the second part is currently airing.

So anyway, Durarara!! is such a fun show. I really enjoyed it, especially for the characters which are probably the best part in the show.

Durarara is a show about a city, called Iurebora(I probably spelled that wrong and I'm too lazy to check) where there are lots of gangs and other people with crazy strength, powers, and smarts. Durarara is split into three archs, the first arch is about the Black Rider and her head, the second is about the slicer, and the third focuses on a certain gang.

Like I said, the characters are probably the best part. There are so many likable characters and I always have trouble deciding who's my favorite. It has to be either Shizou, Izaya, that Russian Sushi guy, or someone in the Dotachin group.

Art style is very simple but it somehow feels fitting for something like this.

The Opening and closing songs are really great, especially the openings. Just so good. I haven't paid attention to the music while the show is going on though so...

Anyway, Durarara!! is definitely an anime you'd want to watch. It's also dubbed for you people who prefer dub.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Akame ga Kill is the most recent anime that I've finished and it's an alright show. According to a few people, because of how many characters die it's a bland Game of Thrones.

The show follows a country boy named Tatsumi and he's on a personal mission to make a name for himself in the capital's military and send money for his village, which is currently in poverty. However he soon realizes how corrupt the capital is because the prime minister is controlling and taking advantage of the child emperor's inexperience at ruling a kingdom. Because of this, the rich are basically free to do what they want. After a 'near-death experience' he is recruited by Night Raid, a group of assassins aiming to overthrow the prime minister and anyone else taking advantage of the corrupt society. He must then learn the ways of an assassin.

Let me give you some advice on the characters, don't google their names. I was spoiled 4 times on different character's deaths because I wanted to find out their voice actors. Anyway, the characters are likable, they all have a personality you can easily identity them by. However, they're not lovable. Every time a character died, especially my favorite character, I never actually felt too bad. Why? Because I didn't really feel a connection with anyone. There was literally a 'main' character who died in about 4 episodes after you meet them. Seriously.

The animation was pretty plain. I'd call Naruto's animation average, well this is a bit less than average but not by too much. I don't have anything against the animation but it didn't really standout as anything special.

The opening and ending songs are probably some of the best I've heard. The sub voices are also pretty good. I do have one thing to say about the dubbed version though(which is currently airing on Adult Swim for those interested), and that's the opening after episode 1. For some reason in episode 2 they switch the original opening to some trashy rock and roll noises. Not too sure if that's in any other episodes after but I would guess they do.

So Akume ga Kill is a pretty good show, but it definitely isn't anything great. I'd suggest this if you're bored and have nothing to do.

Showing 271-285 of 333