ForumsPopular MediaAny anime fans around here? XD

333 121272
elshobokshy
elshobokshy
159 posts
Nomad

Hey you! *offers two cookies, a cup of weird looking orange tea and some loliness ^____^*

Okay so I was just wondering, how much of an anime fan are you? Feel free to talk about anything anime related in this topic!

• 333 Replies
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Just finished the second season of Tokyo Ghoul. I'm so in love with the anime now. It's an amazing series that I'd recommend to anyone.

BalkanRenegades
BalkanRenegades
824 posts
Treasurer

Brother and I recently watched last episode of Akame Ga Kill. Pretty awesome it was.
Not as good as YuGiOh! 5Ds I'll admit. Still good after nine years since creation.

Last4Skull
Last4Skull
2,265 posts
King

@KatPryde Hahaha I'm so glad you've finished it , I need to watch the season 2 personally
You're welcome it's always a pleasure sorry for the delayed response..
It was the same for me x'D in the past I only watched some episode here and here on the TV, it's really cooler to have the opportunity to watch them when we want in the order

Glad you liked it I think I know for the sad ending x'D but I will see

I'm glad you've been interested into watching others, about.hack//SIGN it's an old anime about people who've been stuck in a video games if I remember correctly there are many seasons with new char and stories related ^^ Enjoy It

@BalkanRenegades indeed if you liked 5d's take a look at Gx an at the first season if you haven't already did It's worth beginning of the First season was really nice

BalkanRenegades
BalkanRenegades
824 posts
Treasurer

@Last4Skull I watched whole 5Ds series, which is my personal favorite. Nowadays, I watch Zexal and ARC-V but they just don't have that appeal as 5Ds had.

And GX is really awesome. I loved the battle between Jaden and Crowler

shafaet
shafaet
482 posts
Blacksmith

Re:Zero, anyone? No? *Slowly walks away*

greeble
greeble
17 posts
Nomad

Any tips on where to start for an Anime newbie? I've seen several Studio Ghibli films and loved them, so it's a good indication that I'll like the genre overall, but just looking for where to start!

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Any tips on where to start for an Anime newbie? I've seen several Studio Ghibli films and loved them, so it's a good indication that I'll like the genre overall, but just looking for where to start!

As someone who also loves Hayao Miyazaki's movies but otherwise rarely watches anime, I would advise you to take a look at Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (haven't watched the original anime, but Brotherhood is closer to the manga anyway). I just recently binge-watched the whole series again, and it's still as great as the first time.
greeble
greeble
17 posts
Nomad

As someone who also loves Hayao Miyazaki's movies but otherwise rarely watches anime, I would advise you to take a look at Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (haven't watched the original anime, but Brotherhood is closer to the manga anyway). I just recently binge-watched the whole series again, and it's still as great as the first time.

Great, thank you I'll check it out!

TheQuietGamer
TheQuietGamer
7 posts
Nomad

I used to watch a lot of anime back in the day. However, over the last few years I just kind of stopped. I'm just now starting to get back into it.

Currently watching Attack on Titan. I saw that they had the first five volumes of the manga in my school's library, so I decided on a whim to give it a shot because I had heard all of the hype. I fell in love with it almost immediately. Fantastic stuff. I highly recommend that people give it a read.

As for the anime, it's good, but it doesn't hold a candle to the manga. Which is weird because it's been following the events of it very closely. The problem is that it's just not as brutal. It pulls it's punches where the manga didn't. For example, whenever someone gets eaten by a titan in the manga, it shows all of the horrifying details. In the anime is mostly happens off-screen. Because of that the titans in the manga are scarier. It's literally an action-horror series while the anime is just an action series. At least so far.

That's not to say I'm not enjoying the anime. It's still good. I'm just disappointed is all.

Volt0r
Volt0r
4 posts
Scribe

Mayonnaise is a anime...? =U

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

I just finished watching No Game, No Life and I have to say that I enjoyed it far more than I ever expected to. It starts off a bit on the cheesy side (I'm looking at you, chess episode) and it doesn't ever get over a couple of annoying tropes, specifically the main character's never losing and doing everything almost flawlessly the entire time, but even so it was fairly enjoyable. I'm sad to hear that there will likely not be a season two because it did end on a rather large cliffhanger.

paulhar1s50n
paulhar1s50n
25 posts
Nomad

Death Note is the best anime so far on my list. 2nd is Attack on Titan.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

So I finished watching Re:Creators and it was quite enjoyable from start to finish. To be honest, it's a somewhat meta anime but don't let that detract you from the story itself. Every single character is fleshed out and are quite likeable (even if they might seem annoying at first).

Whilst there might be some action there are lots of exposition scenes which might bore you if you're just an action lover. However, to accompany the action is a really good soundtrack (with a certain song guaranteed to stick in your head). It's a pretty good anime overall.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Currently watching Juunei Taisen, Dragonball Super and Black Clover

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

I'm finally all caught up on RWBY. I've known about RWBY and how popular it is years ago but also heard rather mixed reviews about it, not to mention the art style really threw me off at the time. All that being said, I am very thoroughly enjoying it. Volumes one and two were a little slow and more of set up volumes, but still very enjoyable. Volume three is where most of the action takes place and it was nothing short of fantastic. The original creator, Monty Oum, died after he made volume three so volume four is pretty slow paced, understandably since the new writers are trying to cope with thier friend's death. Finally, currently airing is volume five which has significantly picked up the pace and it's looking like it's going to be a great volume so far.

Showing 316-330 of 333