ForumsQuestsSky Quest Quests

29 27314
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

New Quests for Sky Quest! Do you even Quest?

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/16106/media/icon/069c930fbf57f92bb55ae84a133707bb.png?v=1416247315&vv=1416417689
Just out of School
Reach Level 5.
Hardness: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/16106/media/icon/c3d990a6a8ded54eb90b01ef683adba1.png?v=1416247348&vv=1416417721
Critter Buster
Upgrade any skill to Level 3.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/16106/media/icon/bed6319ca79d5706b1263bb8d8135f6e.png?v=1416247381&vv=1416417750
Getting Good at This
Complete a challenge.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/16106/media/icon/00b721759781e58c0301a1a4bc7920ed.png?v=1416247419&vv=1416417824
I Have the Power!
Buy any Level 15+ item from the shop.
Hardness: Medium

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/16106/media/icon/202736406b649d9a7a5f44b9cb95aa42.png?v=1416247493&vv=1416417859
Gotta Get 'em All
Have all 4 hero weapon types in your inventory at one time.
Hardness: Medium

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/16106/media/icon/ebc853c1dd68aa61a369834baf5d4a1a.png?v=1416247518&vv=1416417888
Take That!
Complete normal mode.
Hardness: Hard

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/16106/media/icon/b2f3e0e67eab1fd9c6a45828d4266aad.png?v=1416247575&vv=1416417912
It Could Even be a Boat
Complete 50 levels in survival mode.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/16106/media/icon/535e49fa503a9b85a50a70e24fc78db9.png?v=1416247597&vv=1416417935
OCD
Complete hard mode at 100%.

• 29 Replies
twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

Hm, so you say I have to invest an unreasonable amount of grinding for gold (like YEARS OF REAL LIFE), or real money to achieve these quests (at least the last two).

I say forget it.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Most of your equipment should come from crafting. The gold prices are mostly unobtainable unless you have the right skill setup. Crafting gives better items anyway.

randomblah
randomblah
246 posts
King

@twilight2 it took me a weekend to get a full set of 999 legend equipment. That was before any strategy guides or discussion on the game, and without any crafting.

The best strategy is probably to focus your resources onto acquiring higher level items, disregarding their type. The item drop/rarity skills should both be maxed, as these will help supplement your equipment. Gold should be saved for rare/uncommon items that are much higher level than what you have(say 50+). You can probably use 50 diamonds and still have an excessive number of L999 legends at the end. Survival is also not particularly hard; you can probably beat it around item level 500 or so.

twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

@randomblah

1) equipment-finding skills only provide some (again minor amount) gold, never any useful item. I made it (with suffering) until 30% hard, and enver even once got anything with a + compared to my current equipment (and I only buy stuff when I really must).
Also, as supplementary skills wreck you, so you are unable to play over half the difficulty than your level, the equipment-quality will be under any expectation if you use them.

2) there is still no guide or discussion of this game. Anywhere.

3) Survival might not be hard with lvl 999 highest tear stuff, but at this point only lvl 20-30 medium, and 30-50 light stuff is offered for me.

randomblah
randomblah
246 posts
King

@twilight2 part of the reason that you're finding it so hard is because you've basically dug yourself into a hole. You'll need to spend some time making sure your equipment is actually decent, and the game is rather easy when your equip is good. I don't know how many diamonds you have, but if you have more than a 100, I would suggest using the 2 diamond craft option and picking the highest level item.

Consider this: maxing out both item spawn rate and rarety gives you a uncommon item 45% of the time, and a rare item 55% of the time(note: an item drop in about 90% of levels, despite the text). That's pretty good. The point of the strategy is NOT to use the equip drops as a gold farm. The point is to use them to bring your tech up to date. The gold you get is probably about 1/5 of the way to the next weapon(not sure any more).

If you haven't beaten all the co-op levels yet, you may wish to save one and use it as grind-fodder.

So many of your statements are untrue(or misinformed). On my allies list, I have 10 people who have L999 gear or so. I doubt all of them are pay to win, and plenty of them probably have lives. I've also seen your comment on the game page. You state damage skills are the only skills worth it - this is why you're failing. Shield is often more useful. You're having problems with walls - one of the reasons is that dual lightning does poorly against walls(lasers are better in this context, as lightning can't really gut the explosive core). You say extra mana is worthless and complain about lack of mana - did you notice that MP plus boosts your mana regen(from 6 to 11@max)? You say the game is p2win - I say look at my 10 L999 allies who all can easily complete the quests(and probably have). You say the screen is filled with projectiles despite you having maxed out your attack stats - have you ever thought about your strategy and realized that sacrificing all your long term potential for short term gains is a bad idea?

This game is not that hard - there's plenty of people who've done it. Maybe look at yourself before assigning blame to the devs, who've done a decent job of making this game not p2w?

twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

The trouble is, nothing is explained in the game.

Especially not, that the available new stuff depends on the item YOU WEAR, and not what you have.

Than there is the problem that 90% normal you do with one rythm, than you hit the wall, and fer every new stages you have to buy a new weapon (and occasionally armor).

As there is no information available (ingame) I can not be '"misinformed". All my info is perfectly true though.

On shield: it helps absolutely nothing when I play. I either can kill everything, or everything passes me (for lacking enough damage), so shield is absolutely worthless.
Manaregeneration although is there, but the stages are simply not long enough to have it any use, outside boss-stages. The regeneration simply does not load back enough mana to cast a skill twice on a level. Well, technically of curse there is Granade, but that (and the other special attacks) simply does nothing to most, or at least the important enemies, So the only skill I use is Berserk, and you simply won't have 600 mana for a stage (maybe you can in extreme situation if you use it at the beginning, assuming you need it, but after the initial wave, so it is very unlikely, as you don't start with 100% mana).

And again: if you grab the equipment skills, you won't have the damage, what means you won't be able to kill the enemy,what means you won't pass the stages, what means you won't carry the items home, what means investing into equipment skills is not working. Unless difficulty 1 stages drop .the same as any other stages. Too bad I really never ever saw anything hero-related being higher than what I already have (I do gained regularly somewhat, like +100 dmg better ship-weapons).

The lvl 999 people I think abused a bug, or something. as someone yet to demonstrate how they got to that point (or they are actually payers).

So until I am disproved, I hold this is a pay-to-win situation, although by regularly adding people in 3s could likely help a lot, as I noticed the reward for adding people (again nowhere ingame, nor at the description is mentioned this) IS substantially higher than any other source avaiable

Of course I yet to try crafting, as I assumed it does the same quality-incrise like the shop. It definitely did when I tried it out at clvl 1. (I have ca. 300 gems, but the use of it totally depends on what the result can be from them).

randomblah
randomblah
246 posts
King

Well, I have 23 L999 legends(+70 crystals). I paid $0. I did not abuse a glitch. I did not spend years on the game(a weekend). I likewise assume that most of the other players(a fair number of which have L999, but non-legends) did not cheat.

You say there is no info in game? When you buy skills, it shows you the exact effect. The single-target dps are clearly stated, as are the hp. Heck, even beserk tells you the damage boost multiplier. Some damage skills don't give amount - true(ie 'nade). But still, there's quite a bit of info that you don't seem to have examined - 74% damage redux is pretty good no matter what game you're in.

If you were paying attention and maxing out trees, you'd realize that shield gives up to 74% damage reduction. That's pretty insane(4x hp). It's also one of the most effective ways to beat survival.

You seem to be stuck in the mindset that you must grind on the hardest stage. That's not true. Step back 5-10 difficulty, go to a place where you can actually win, and start farming properly. You'll probably be able to beat where you're stuck in less than 30 minutes.

An analogy to your complaint: It's like playing clicker heroes(a game I'm fairly fond of, and one you're hopefully familiar with) and complaining that the game is p2w because you've invested all your points in siyalatas(idle dmg), and saying that hero souls are too hard to make. Obviously, if you don't properly build your econ/logistic skills(ie Solomon/Atman, which give more hero souls), the enemies are going to scale faster than you level. Either you grind some, or you have better cash/item flow. It's a very well known problem.

Mana-wise: I had about 270 mana+ used beserk over the course of smashing the last stage(essentially at insta-gib speeds). Given that the game spawns more enemies when you kill the last ones, I suspect 600 mana is not very hard to get.

Additionally, you should really follow the advice by other questers. Your 300 diamonds is plenty of cash for you to play with, and L999 uncommons/rares is more than enough to beat the game.

You might also want to note that add rewards are only collectible a couple(or 3?) times.

bakkart
bakkart
636 posts
Prince

Finally slogged my way through this last quest. Geez -- Complete hard at 100%; how much more grindy can you get? Not a problem, really, although I found that for the final boss (Vulcan Trial?) the best defense was ... a good defense. I respecced my stats to max my shield out, and the hero HP; that and lots of good L999 weapons made the boss fairly easy in one try.

I know, this is kind of necro, but I had put this off until I had some of the more palatable quests out of the way.

Fyrstvidr
Fyrstvidr
1 posts
Jester

Gameplay spoilerino:

If you struggle in the second half of normal, try the first levels of hard mode, you might get some skill points and it's more fun then grind the same level over and over again.

Max the treasure finding and treasure rarity skill points when grinding since selling items gives alot of gold.

You are able to get a third ship weapon item slot when you beat lvl 50 in survival mode, which you are able to do around the time you beat normal mode.

The laser+thunder combination worked best for me.

llama132
llama132
78 posts
King

Bugged quest. OCD unlocked for me at 50% complete on Hard.

I doubt I'd have faced any difficulty with the remaining half, since basically all the levels on Hard involved just moving Conquest up and down the screen and letting the thunder destroy everything in seconds. Just had to craft and/or buy a couple of items every 10 or 15 levels to stay (far) ahead of the game.

llama132
llama132
78 posts
King

Another bugged quest. It Could Even be a Boat unlocked at Survival Wave 25. It was my first attempt at Survival.

lutz100000
lutz100000
1 posts
Nomad

Inventory is full! I cannot clean it or better I do not know how to do it? The problem is that I cannot grab new items. Anybody there who has an answer?

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

@lutz100000 the answer is simple, just sell them

Third icon (the one with the coins) is the shop, click on it, there you could either sell your equipped items directly or (button "open inventory" to open to your inventory) from your inventory, click on an item and a red "sell"-button appears.

On the other side you see items you can buy, click on it and a green "buy"-button appears. To sell or buy items just click these button(s).

flippin_ninja
flippin_ninja
8 posts
Baron

Finally got the OCD quest. Very easy after following randomblah's above tips

Showing 16-29 of 29