ForumsSupport Forum[MAIN THREAD] Loading issues with Flash Games - "Play" Button redirecting to Home Page - Games not loading...

154 63555
Armourjerry
Armourjerry
131 posts
Chancellor

Does the Moderators know of the problem that's currently going on with AG?
Everyone seems to be suffering it.
I can't even play my favorite games now.

• 154 Replies
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@minamus Make sure you open a separate support thread then, if it's unrelated.

Fulmens
Fulmens
7 posts
Nomad

I went in about:config in Firefox to look the value of sendRefererHeader, it was at 0, but putting it to 1 or 2 (to allow the header) didn't allow the game to load. So it seems it's not enough to solve the problem.
Oh well. I'll go on following this thread, but I'm starting to lose hope.

Fulmens
Fulmens
7 posts
Nomad

Ok, I solved the problem in a radical manner : if you go in about:support in firefox, you will have a repair firefox in the upper right corner. This will reset firefox, DELETING ALL YOUR ADD ONS AND PERSONNALISATION in the process.
So it looks one of my add ons MAY have been causing the problem. They weren't critical to me so I was ready to delete them, but consider the consequences of using this solution, you will lose your customisation, and it's no guarantee it will be enough (it worked for me but still)

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Fulmens Yep, add-ons as the problem. Not surprised.

Fulmens
Fulmens
7 posts
Nomad

@Ferret ...or developpers misunderstanding the consequences of their actions, as a software engineer myself I know how bugs creeps out in the most annoying places, like interaction between different softwares

348joey
348joey
1 posts
Chancellor

Internet Explorer loaded it fine, but I still expect you guys to figure out why your update blocks so many of use. I hate Explorer and would much rather use Firefox. All my local saves are on Firefox as well.

neperap
neperap
1 posts
Scribe

No one browser can't load any game. I've loaded default settings in Chrome, FF and IE and nothing. Saaaaaaad
May be it's a part of sanctions against Russia? Huh...

pft
pft
576 posts
Grand Duke

I can load games no problem but I get logged out everything when I change the page.

iWumbo3000
iWumbo3000
10 posts
Peasant

posting because the server for Dawn has been crap for the last month.

World raids have been unplayable. and now login doesnt work as it should? time to migrate to Kong.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@348joey @neperap @pft @iWumbo3000 I new fix is in place, this should fix the issue.

spartan068
spartan068
2 posts
Shepherd

@Ferret
If you're referring to the issue of the "Play" button still re-directing to the homepage, I'm afraid the issue is still in place.

In reply to Fulmens solution: I've not changed the add-ons on Firefox (which is the browser I use for flash gaming/browser gaming) since before this issue began. It was working fine up until then.

Just to be safe, I reset Firefox and loaded up AG. The issue persisted and, after reloading each of my add-ons one by one (testing AG after each install), I still remain unable to play any games on AG.

This being said, Chrome and IE work just fine for me. The add-ons I use with each browser are the same, so I do not believe that they are the cause of the issue.

Perhaps a new update to Firefox was the cause?

Fulmens
Fulmens
7 posts
Nomad

@spartan68
What about the value of network.http.sendRefererHeader in about:config ? It was at 0 at the start of the issue, I changed it to 2, then I resetted firefox. The value is still at 2, so it didn't change during the reset, maybe the bug is a combination of the two, which value do you have right now ?

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@spartan068 So far the majority of users have found a solution, and often it was add-ons. Disabling add-ons doesn't do it, in some cases people had to re-install the browser. Could that mean it was the version of browser? Well, I can't write that off - it's possible. That being said, it seems unlikely due to the security updates being the root cause.

Somehow our site is not seeing you as playing the flash game from our website, and thus triggering the yellow box. This is usually privacy software, firewalls, add-ons, etc...

spartan068
spartan068
2 posts
Shepherd

@Fulmens

My value (unchanged) is set at 2.
I suppose I'll re-install Firefox from the ground up, then. See if that works. If not, I can just use Chrome.

Thanks!

KapitanHaddock
KapitanHaddock
1 posts
Farmer

Since several days I cannot start any game of the armorgame website... Pushing the &quotlay"-button just opens a new window, leading to the armorgame website again.

What is the solution???????????

Showing 136-150 of 154