ForumsSupport Forum[MAIN THREAD] Loading issues with Flash Games - "Play" Button redirecting to Home Page - Games not loading...

154 63551
Armourjerry
Armourjerry
131 posts
Chancellor

Does the Moderators know of the problem that's currently going on with AG?
Everyone seems to be suffering it.
I can't even play my favorite games now.

• 154 Replies
dertom95
dertom95
1 posts
Peasant

I also had the problem using firefox(Linux). Once I told "adblock plus" to be disabled on armorgames.com the games that didn't work (that nasty play-button)before, now do work again.
Thanks god, I can play kingdom-rush again

doolittle
doolittle
1 posts
Herald

Same problem here but solved, was pretty persistent. I'm using Firefox v. 35.0.1 with Shockwave Flash 16.0.0.296 on Windows 8.1

Things I tried that didn't help:
Disabling AdBlock Edge completely, logging out and in again, opening new private window, clearing cache with Ctrl+F5.

What helped:
Configuring the RefControl Add-On to send the normal header, which was blocked before.

Comment:
I don't like having to send it, I expect a site to have basic functionality w/o that. It's a privacy issue - if you want to identify me, have a look at the login data I'm providing.

Fulmens
Fulmens
7 posts
Nomad

Hello, still have the problem on the game I'm mainly playing here (Clicker heroes) with firefox.
What I did :
- Emptying the firefox cache several times
- Deactivating all add ons
- Being sure I have the last versions of firefox and flash

But the game still has this big yellow play button. Private mode doesn't load the game either, and when I try another browser, the game loads but it looks like I have lost some progress (like it's loading an older online save), and using another browser just for one game isn't really convenient.

Anyone has an idea on what to try next ?

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard
cyrusmagnus
cyrusmagnus
5 posts
Peasant

Flash games are still not working on the site for me. Chrome 64 bit, Win 8.1 64 bit. Tried everything suggested here to no avail.

Non-flash games like those that use the unity engine are fine. It's still the ones trying to pull from cache.armorgames.com that aren't working. :/

Zaptue
Zaptue
15 posts
Shepherd

Thanks for the suggestions, Unleashed. Using the in-private browsing option cleared up the problem .

Fulmens
Fulmens
7 posts
Nomad

@Ferret the big yellow button is still there :/

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@cyrusmagnus Link me a page that's giving you trouble if you could?

@Fulmens This has to be a cache issue, but it's a very strange one. And it does work on other browsers right? If it does, I'm super lost - it must be add-on, privacy software or something along those lines. Some sort of issue with that browser specifically that won't clear the cache correctly.

Fulmens
Fulmens
7 posts
Nomad

@Ferret IE and Chrome load the game just fine.
I tried to deactivate my antivirus to see (AVG 2015), but to no avail. I don't use other privacy software (only built-in windows firewall, no ad aware or the like, ghostery in firefox but it's deactivated right now).
I only emptied cache in firefox, not cookies or anything else, because I don't want to lose data related to other sites, maybe it's a cookie issue ? I really don't see what would be causing this, as other users resolved the problem...

Edit : any idea on the online save issue ? why loading the game in other browsers would seems to load an older save ? may it be related to the current problem, like the online save didn't work ?

FierceSpirit
FierceSpirit
9 posts
Duke

Same problem. It appeared yesterday, but everything was fine 2 days ago, when the issue was resolved 1st time (31 January) just with emptied cache

Now it doesn't work

Kennyka
Kennyka
1 posts
Peasant

For Firefox:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-clear-firefox-cache

DaltonRick
DaltonRick
1 posts
Nomad

i went to history and did a clear every thing except cookies, it works. i hope it works for yall.

cyrusmagnus
cyrusmagnus
5 posts
Peasant

@Ferret Any game that would come up with that blue banner saying "Sign-up for Ad-Free Gaming and remove ads on all game pages." Examples: Clicker Heroes, Must-a-Mine.

Games like The Gate, AdVenture Capitalist, The King of Towers, Swords & Potions 2, Cloudstone, Transmission, all work fine.

Again, I've already tried all the fixes and they don't fix it. I know that's never what a bug squasher wants to hear, but it's just what's going on with this configuration on my end. If it's any consolation I'm a trained computer scientist and have been a professional QA (in the gaming department) for Microsoft, so the likelihood of user error should be fairly low. :/

I'll keep plugging away. IE Does work though, so if necessary I'll be playing those games on IE until this gets fixed for this browser. Good luck.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@cyrusmagnus The games you've listed are different because they are MMO titles. It's not related to AFG+ gaming certainly. The dangerous thing about the computer savvy is they tend to use a lot of programs and software that end up undermining QA testing. Strange installs, hardcore spyware blockers and the like...

The amount of people still having this error is small, which is telling me it's more on the computer side then the server side by far. Let's review some things to help fix this issue...

- Clear your cache. Seriously, don't just Ctrl+F5, go into your options and clear your cache. Full cache, all the way back not just the past day.

- Test with a "Privacy" or "Incognito" window, this forces the browser to clear cache - because internally we feel this is primarily a cache issue.

- Test with another browser. Ask yourself, if it works in one browser, why doesn't it work in another?

- Check your plug-ins, check your spyware, check that one program that really LOCKS things down and protects you, because it's likely working against you here. Firewalls, Disconnect.me, Adban, all these are culprits.

We have made recent security changes to the site, so plugins and software that may have worked before on our site will no longer for the sake of player and server security.

FierceSpirit
FierceSpirit
9 posts
Duke

hmm 2 days ago, when it only appeared, i cleared cash and everything was fine.
From yesterday i see :
http://s019.radikal.ru/i621/1502/6c/f4d83ff9fd04.jpg

From morning i cleared cash 5 times (yes. i know how to do it), but all is useless. And 1 more thing - in Chrome all is fine. issue is in Firefox. I don't know why. and i dont' know why it worked for 2 days and then again this problem started

P/S Sorry. if my English is not so good. Hope you understand me.

Showing 106-120 of 154