ForumsSupport Forum[MAIN THREAD] Loading issues with Flash Games - "Play" Button redirecting to Home Page - Games not loading...

154 63553
Armourjerry
Armourjerry
131 posts
Chancellor

Does the Moderators know of the problem that's currently going on with AG?
Everyone seems to be suffering it.
I can't even play my favorite games now.

• 154 Replies
cyrusmagnus
cyrusmagnus
5 posts
Peasant

@Ferret It's always a horse a piece mentioning any kind of computer background with the way people assume computer background equals inability in using computers (a bizarre irony). The attempt to allay fears that it is the dreaded "user error" typically backfire. :/ Oh well.

Restating what has already been stated doesn't make it suddenly work. I have all of two extensions in Chrome, adblock premium, and zenmate. Zenmate as a general rule of thumb isn't even active. And adblock premium has never caused issues before on the site, naturally I disabled it/used incognite/did both and ctrl+f5'd/ensured all chrome windows were off + restarted + incognito + all extensions disabled. Frankly, I exhaustively tested all possible combinations to make my chrome browser, which up until a week ago flawlessly worked for all games on Armorgames.com, work again.

Of course, I tried other browsers, and IE did work. I can ask myself why it works on one browser and not another, certainly. What I cannot do is look at your code and find the issue causing this. Ya'll made recent changes to the security of your site, ok. it seemed to not go according to plan, ok.

I'm just informing you that for some of us, it still isn't. I know you want to blame it on my terminal, but it isn't. Sorry if you can't figure it out. I'm glad it is working for most people. For me, it's just some free games I enjoy playing, no biggy. For you it is your career, and your life, and I respect that. If I can give you any other data to try to help, I'm happy to.

I hope I'm the only person still running into this, but you have at least one, very competent person, who cannot use the same browser set up that was working a week ago. For what it's worth.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@cyrusmagnus Have you tried removing adblock and zenmate? Fairly simple to test. Disabling an add-on often won't relieve it causing trouble. And those are a likely main difference between your two browsers.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@FierceSpirit Please give me a full list of the add-ons you have in FireFox.

StormWinds
StormWinds
1 posts
Blacksmith

What helped:
Configuring the RefControl Add-On to send the normal header, which was blocked before.

Comment:
I don't like having to send it, I expect a site to have basic functionality w/o that. It's a privacy issue - if you want to identify me, have a look at the login data I'm providing.

by doolittle

Same here.. using firefox. always had sendRefererHeader off. turning it on allows me to play games on armorgames again (adblock is not the issue - tried it both with and without). but as doolittle said: it's an privacy issue. that's why people like me turned it off in the first place.
i hope the devs fix that issue.

cyrusmagnus
cyrusmagnus
5 posts
Peasant

@Ferret Yes. I tried them disabled, then I tried them disabled in an incognito window, then I uninstalled them, then I tried chrome with them uninstalled in an incognito window. All the while going into ctrl+shift+delete and deleting the cache between each step.

The only thing I'm not deleting are my cookies. If I do that I'll lose the games I have that are not online save games, and will defeat the entire purpose of playing cookie based flash games. I assume you know that though.

I have all extensions uninstalled, cache cleared, closed browser, then opened an incognito window and gone to Clicker Heroes for a test case. It does not come up, other than that blue banner as I stated before.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@cyrusmagnus Is there a way to back-up cookies and test that it would fix the issue? I'd certainly be interested in knowing if that is what's causing trouble. @Boppins Do you think a cookie may cause this?

@StormWinds Well, I can mention it. I can't say I understand very well what that means.

cyrusmagnus
cyrusmagnus
5 posts
Peasant

Update: I got it working. I had pepperflash, the horrible version of flash that is bundled with Chrome, disabled (have had it disabled for months), but for some reason, whatever you did on your site didn't like that. I enabled it and everything is working now.

So if anyone else is having a similar problem, and their pepperflash is disabled in plugins (different than extensions) I'd recommend re-enabling it and seeing if that works.

Summary: Flash NPAPI for Chrome 64bit was working for flash games here, but may not anymore. Try the Pepperflash PPAPI bundled with Chrome, which is garbage, but possibly the only alternative.

FierceSpirit
FierceSpirit
9 posts
Duke

Ferret
i use only AdBlock Plus 2.2.3 as add-on but i tried with it and without it - the result was the same - nothing happened

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@cyrusmagnus What a bizarre solution. I'll ask the team about this tomorrow. Very glad it's working now though.

@FierceSpirit Did you read all my posts? I go over more solutions then disabling AdBlock on previous pages.

FierceSpirit
FierceSpirit
9 posts
Duke

Ferret
Yes.
I'm starting to think that the problem in cookies. games with saves loaded with &quotlay button" and those in which I've never played normally run

But i don't want clear cookies =(

bigevil103
bigevil103
1 posts
Nomad

Im having the problem with the play this game on armor games add pop up when I try to play Sonny 2 on internet explorer but it works fine on Google chrome, but my main save is on my internet explorer, help please.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@bigevil103 Have you read through the list of fixes we've posted in the past thread? Try removing all privacy software and add-ons. Also what's helped several people is "Configuring the RefControl Add-On to send the normal header, which was blocked before." If you don't know what that means, you probably don't have to worry about it.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@FierceSpirit Shouldn't be cookie related I believe? It's very difficult to troubleshoot this, as the people still having these issues are no longer the common situation. It's privacy software, it's add-ons, it's some strange setting that's different about your browser then millions of other users.

If you think it's cookies you can always find a program that allows you to delete just some cookies, like only the ones related to Armor Games?

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Here is an updated version to help those having this issue...

Recently we've put new security features in place to protect our website, these settings prevent websites that host our content without our permission from leeching it form our website. Unfortunately, a very small percentage of our users have also been having issues with this change. Here is a list of things that have helped some users solve this issue...

- Clear your full cache of your current browser.

- Test with a "Privacy" or "Incognito" mode. This forces your browser to clear, and also runs without add-ons you may have installed.

- Test with another browser. If you're using Internet Explorer, try Chrome or FireFox. If one works and not the other, it's likely something related to how that browser is configured.

- Check your plug-ins, spyware blockers, firewalls, security software or anything that locks down your computer as this is likely working against you. Firewalls, Disconnect.me, Adban, all of these are culprits that have caused known issues.

- Known related issue: Flash NPAPI for Chrome 64-bit no longer works correctly for some users, please use Pepperflash PPAPI.

- Known related issue: Having sendRefererHeader off will block your ability to play games, often privacy/security software will do this. Our site now requires you to have this on to play games.

Hopefully these help, please let me know if they do and which one.

minamus
minamus
4 posts
Blacksmith

The problem i have been having is that some games will no longer load at all or when they do load, they wont look jumbled with overlapping texts.

Showing 121-135 of 154