ForumsQuestsBullet Heaven 2 Quests

39 21333
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

New Quests for Bullet Heaven 2.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17924/media/icon/295711de8e57cbe321029e488213fdd0.png?v=1448035454&vv=1448490117
Counter Bomb
Use A Bomb Right After Getting Hit, And Avoid The Damage.
Hardness: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17924/media/icon/f405f0a0486434aa201bf397d1fcd6b4.png?v=1448035480&vv=1448490149
Perfect Run
Collect All 13 Diamonds On Any Level, In One Run, On Any Difficulty.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17924/media/icon/c78b952bbeb307d542a2dd3fb0c9241d.png?v=1448035503&vv=1448490177
Mass Extinction
Defeat 10,000 Foes In Total.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17924/media/icon/9243831f24ec6412f27ff495e78e8454.png?v=1448035521&vv=1448490195
Binging Bear
Graze 1000 Bullets Or More In A Single Level.
Hardness: Medium

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17924/media/icon/5b9117ea6fc5f3475243da9b86b37c0a.png?v=1448035548&vv=1448490225
Space Clear
Destroy The Ultimate Monstrosity And Complete World 10 On Any Difficulty.
Hardness: Medium

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17924/media/icon/067f4700ed4828bf2d8163f23678b3c1.png?v=1448035577&vv=1448490251
Don't Shoot!
Beat Any Standard Level With The Pacifist Handicap Turned On, On Hard Difficulty Or Higher.
Hardness: Hard

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17924/media/icon/4d348be0abb407d497b778b11040f159.png?v=1448035602&vv=1448490288
10 Million Points
Score 10,000,000 Points Or More On Any Level.
Hardness: Hard

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17924/media/icon/5339bf4a4c6d5ec28e84eba71c0fe302.png?v=1448035621&vv=1448490308
Ultra Star
Get A One-Star Rank Or Better On All 50 Standard Levels, On Heavenly Difficulty.
Hardness: Insane

• 39 Replies
bakkart
bakkart
636 posts
Prince

This is a good example of how people see games differently. Getting these quests is going to be sheer torture for me -- I hate bullet hell games. But I'm guessing that there lots of people who are excited about this. Just when I thought I was clear of the Epic Boss quests .....

SkySand
SkySand
5 posts
King

Already completed this on Kongregate, so these quests were instant gets for me. Some tips:

In options, disable background scrolling/particles, score numbers and flickering. Enable blending, transparency and high contrast bullets. Zoom in the browser window with Ctrl and +/- (so you can play fullscreen)

For non-boss levels you'll want to use Anna with Nature Shield + Log Slice (sustained damage for clearing crowds). For boss levels use Natalie with Raging Firestorm + Red Wings (high burst damage). The latter is also useful for the "Graze 1000 bullets" quest due to larger graze radius.

Star ranks on heavenly mode are generally easier to achieve on pacifist mode (cheats: 3x -speed, 2x extra heart and handicaps: 3x -attack, pacifist, no deathbombs). Multiplier will be x0.69, which is (strangely enough) sufficient for a 2-star rank, provided you clear wave 10, no bonus required. With this strategy, the only tricky levels are 9-4 and 10-5.

Without pacifist use autobombs cheat and one heart handicap, standard multiplier but you won't need to time bombs.

10 million score: Level 1-2 on heavenly mode, all handicaps except pacifist (multiplier x2.25), all 13 diamonds and a reasonable amount of coingrabbing and grazing. There might be levels and multiplier combos where it's easier, but your mileage may vary. Cheers.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Does using cheats prevent Quests from being unlocked?

Arkeyo
Arkeyo
148 posts
King

Does using cheats prevent Quests from being unlocked?

Nope. Just the "Don't shoot!" quests requires no cheats. Beside that: thanks for the great guide @SkySand.

@bakkart: Sorry to hear. I was waiting so long for this game so it will be a real pleasure for me to get the quests

komodor
komodor
110 posts
Prince

Allright. Lets think a bit. The game can be saved and imported back again in a version of a file. all the quests are attatched to the achievements, which are saved in this file. That means, if someone who got all the quests saves his game and shares that file, anyone will be able to get all those quests immidiately. I am having confused oppinion about this. It shouldn´t be that easy, but also the last two ones are kinda hard. and well if you want to get them by hard work try your best but if you just can´t get the file. now just somone post it...

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Hmmm....so if I save up enough money to get that last cheat to prevent death, and go on the 50 level heavenly run, that would work as well?

TiSe88
TiSe88
432 posts
King

@nichodemus No, because you need at least a one-star rank per level. Using cheats reduces your score multiplier, which makes it harder to get high ranks. For the invincibility you get -999%. So your score will be 0 and you get a F-rating

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Alright, thanks never thought it through properly haha!

Arkeyo
Arkeyo
148 posts
King

3 quests to go... Just beat world 7 heavenly with star ranking. If you are struggling early on: I found world 2 and 3 to be the hardest especially boss 3! So once you got the hang of it it's pretty straight forward. Also I'm using pacifista mode on boss stages only. It's kinda boring doing normal levels without shooting back

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

Very 'meh' game, which disappoints me because I thoroughly enjoyed all the previous Epic Battle Fantasy game, and because there was a lot of potential here.

There is simply not very much strategy because the bulk of the bought upgrades are pointless and there are no real upgrades. So there is zero incentive to switch to different weapons or characters when there are CLEAR better choices.

'Grazing' is a potentially interesting mechanic that was rendered 100% useless by its execution. It could have been interesting if by grazing a certain number you got temporary invincibility or a limited time buff, or perhaps if there was a boss that was invincible until you grazed a certain number of bullets, but instead it just gives a paltry amount of points that pale in comparison to just killing the enemies fast with a perfect.

Charging weapons is again, an interesting idea, with very poor execution. As long as you are hitting something there really is no real reason not to just hold down the trigger and stop firing when you aren't hitting anything. Apart from exploiting Perfect gem charge refills there is simply not very much strategy around it other than simply ignoring the charge counter and firing whenever you can hit enemies (auto-seeking weapons there is ZERO reason to ever do anything but hold down the trigger).

Most of the enemies are uninteresting and boil down to 'small mob, big mob, boss', with very little to differentiate them except slightly different firing patterns. The idea of shield generators and shielded mobs was a bit interesting but once again the execution is horrible because auto-seeking weapons continue to lock onto shielded targets with NO WAY to change targets.

It's a shame, so much potential and such poor execution

Arkeyo
Arkeyo
148 posts
King

Any tips regarding 10-5? This boss is pure evil -_- I can't even get pass wave 4.

Edit: Heavenly and star'ed of course..

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

@Arkeyo - well, general advice there are 2 big things that help with all bosses:

1) The Heavenly 1 star quest is NOT affected by so-called 'cheats'. So as long as you can get enough points then you can take increased damage or slower bullets to make the boss easier.

My personal setup for bosses is +10% damage, +15% damage, and the Handicap One Heart (you can still avoid dying by using a bomb, and hearts are worthless going for 1 star runs anyway because you still have effectively 3 HP with bombs and actually getting hit costs you not one but TWO perfect gems). Even with this setup, most bosses you still get 1 star in the first 9-10 levels (depending on perfects), some you may need to beat a bonus stage for it.

2) If you are having problems with a particular wave, then charge stage for the next wave.

What that means is that the next stage of a boss activates before the perfect gem goes off screen, and picking up a Perfect gem immediately gives you 100% charge on both weapons. So, logically, you can empty your weapons into the boss and pick up the gem for an immediate 100% charge boost for more damage.

If you take a character that empties both charge bars quickly, get a boss level to a sliver, charge up both bars to 85% at the end of the wave right before the one you have trouble on, then trigger it, you can empty a full double charge bar into the boss, pick up the gem, and immediately empty a second full charge bar.

Using Matt with his default weapons and my usual +10/+15 damage, you beat a boss stage in 3 seconds. A pretty significant number of boss stages you kill them before you even have to dodge a shot. (though obviously this makes the next wave tougher as now you are basically starting from scratch)

Careful application of the double charge on troublesome waves makes bosses much, much easier.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

How do you manage to graze a thousand bullets in one stage? I have trouble even doing 100.

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

@nichodemus - buy one of the items that increases graze radius, turn on pacifism (to prevent you from accidentally shooting people), and put it on heavenly (for more bullets to graze).

Since the achievement is cheats allowed, turning on all of the the reduced bullet speed cheats (5+10+15 for a total of -30% speed) can also help if you are having trouble.

I did it on 1-1, personally. Got 1000 around the 7th stage if I recall.

Arkeyo
Arkeyo
148 posts
King

@Olinser: Thanks for the advice. Let me give it a try... Akron is just... Grml

@nichodemus: This will come naturally on later boss stages. Make sure to use Natalie with her Red Wings Item. This will enlarge thr graze radius.

Showing 1-15 of 39