analytics and serving ads.
Forums → The Tavern → 1,000 Facts You Didn't Know.
This thread is a series of unusual and interesting facts.
What kind of facts? Facts from all corners of the world; from book authors to exercise to quantum physics!
I will start off with number 1 and we will ascend from there, feel free to add on, just get the number right. Also this could be a forum game but it kinda isn't so correct me if I'm wrong.
1. You can hold plutonium in your hand and 'not' have your well being harmed, just don't breath it in.
2. You can't prove that the world was created one minute ago and we're filled with (technically) false memories.
3. The word bullet comes from the French word Bulle which means 'ball'.
- 97 Replies
31. i actually LIKE asparagus.
32. sonic adventure DX directors cut is only 20 hours long.
33. the above person is a giant fluffy ball of bitey doom.
34 i have a flaming sword in real life.
35. there is a Pokemon TCG online version.
36. minecraft story mode is a thing.
37. Ratchet and clank the movie is a thing.
38. microsoft may be planning to make a minecraft movie.
39. the current longest minecraft minigame/game series is over 700 episodes long, being BajanCanadians Hunger Games series for minecraft.
40. this is a important fact.
41. the largest solvable Rubik's Cube has 6.69*10 to the 1054th exponent combinations, or 66.9 Quinquingintatrecentillion. (pronounced Kwin-Kwan-Gin-Tat(rhymes with hat)-Re-Cent-Illion.(million, without the m.)
42. in combination with above fact, when the able to be translated parts are translated, it mean this: Kwin(has no meaning) qwan (not a real word, but name of a character in artemis fowl) Gin(a type of drink) tat(a tapping noise)re(repeat)cent( can mean either 1% of a dollar, or short for century, AKA 100 years, which means it could be part of the mathamatical formula to get the word) illion.(prefix for anything over a million.)
43. i have more facts to give, but i am done for right now!
I dont know but for me and i guess some other people here would like to read facts that make you , lets say , more intelligent
44. If you stacked three grand canyons on top of one another, you would easily be the most powerful being in the universe.
45. A 'partial thickness' burn is the most painful injury in the world that a human can experience. I read this in a medical wiki. I don't know if it is true or not though, as I've heard many different opinions about the worst type of pain in the world. I've heard it said from different sources that the sting from a sea wasp, a sting from the blue ringed octopus, certain illnesses, acid burns, and eye injuries are all the most painful type of pain in the world. Idk, I guess I'll have to just test all these out for myself if I want to uncover the truth. XD
46. Japan has vending machines that sell fresh lettuce, live rhinoceros beetles, canned bread, bras, good luck charms, porn, and used schoolgirl panties.
(47) The Pacific Ocean is 165,200,000km² large, while Russia, the largest country in the world is "only" 17,100,000km² large, so, the Pacific Ocean is almost 10 times larger than the largest country in the world
48. SirLegendary was once LEGEND_beast
49. Pizza is one of the most addictive food (if not the most). Yes, it's a fact.
50. Bananas could go extinct within our lifetime.
51. 3D printing food (e.g. pizza) is possible.
52. Billy goats urinate on their own heads to smell more attractive to females.
53. If Pinokio says “My Noes Will Grow Now”, it would cause a paradox.
54. If your girlfriend catches you looking at another woman, turn to her and say "I'm glad you don't dress like that."
55. Bananas can reduce the swelling and irritation of mosquito bites and help with nicotine withdrawal.
56. There is a planet that rains glass (I forgot the name of it)
Adapted the numbers in the two posts above, to keep the continuity.
25. There is a planet that rains glass (I forgot the name of it)
Several of our solar system's planet can have diamond rain, maybe that is what you mean?
Staying on that topic:
57. On Venus, it rains sulfuric acid
58. The center of our galaxy smells like rum and tastes like raspberries
49. Pizza is one of the most addictive food (if not the most). Yes, it's a fact.Not really. That article is misleading; the study reported "addictive-like eating behaviors", not addiction.
23. If your girlfriend catches you looking at another woman, turn to her and say "I'm glad you don't dress like that."How is this a fact?
25. There is a planet that rains glass (I forgot the name of it)I've never heard of that before, but Jupiter is believed to have helium rain and a "metallic hydrogen" mantle, so I suppose there might be such a thing.
59. Snapple's "Real Facts" are not all that real.
in saturn and jupiter it rains diamonds i think it was one of the facts i said earlier
61. You get rid of a cancerous cell every day through apoptosis.
You must be logged in to post a reply!