ForumsNews and FeedbackStar Stat

103 38733
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

A few minutes ago, I noted a new stat in the "Forum Moderators" section of the main forum page. The stat has a star as its symbol and is below the number of quests in each mod/admin's spot. Here's a screenshot:

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee400/Patrick2011b/Windows%208/Star%20Stat_zpsh00peflv.png

I'm guessing this is a point system of some kind, but I don't see any indication of it in the profiles yet.

Edit: The "star" stat appears in the threads as well. My "star" value is 6,270, but I see several mods/admins with 5 digit values. Among the mods/admins, Gantic has the highest value with over 30K.

• 103 Replies
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Probably whoever is second on the hero board?

riku_ullman
riku_ullman
1,148 posts
Farmer

WHAAAAAT?!?!? I THOUGHT GANTIC WAS A PRETTY LITTLE GIRL!!!!!

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Just noticed, the star stat makes me want to earn more quests.

Sammuel111
Sammuel111
5 posts
Nomad

Armorplayergc

Andelhofs
Andelhofs
743 posts
King

@gantic @ferret @mrdaycee ?? any answer ?

Gogotank
Gogotank
3,165 posts
Lord

THIS IS THE POINT SYSTEM THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT! HUZZAH! I guess you get specific star points for the difficulty of the quest you earned.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@Andelhofs seems to have a really high star count

Andelhofs
Andelhofs
743 posts
King

@gogotank calculation is still unresolved at this moment... please explaine...

Andelhofs
Andelhofs
743 posts
King

@SirLegendary *bling* *bling*

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

calculation is still unresolved at this moment... please explaine...

The admins are being secretive about the point system for some reason, but here's what the users have figured out:

• Each easy quest is worth 10 points.
  • Each medium quest is worth 25 points.
  • Each hard quest is worth 50 points.
  • Each insane quest is worth 200 points.
  • Each merit is worth 50 points.
  • The above values are for game quests. It is not known whether website and/or legendary quests count for points.
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Hopefully they release an official statement soon, as well as a profile update so we can see how many stars we have without going to the forums. How will casual gamers know that the stars even exist without going to the forums. I guess this is one way of testing something

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I was hoping posts count but oh well!

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

^ My thoughts exactly.

Hope the stars get more updates. Or they eventually be called armor points 2.0. Why? Just because I think it fits the theme more.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Patrick2011 Nice summery.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Update. This is weird.

As you can see I am currently sitting at 5995 stars. My last three quests were 2 easy ones from Command & Control: Spec Ops and a Hard one from Jacksmith. The thing is that before these, I had 5950 stars. So, with the 2 easy ones, I would go to 5970. That means that hard quest, the 'Silver Starter' from Jacksmith is worth 25 stars, not 50. The time it takes to complete is comparable to other hard quests, even if it is somewhat easier (you will eventually get it, you just have to play a lot of hours).

I am guessing other hard quests are worth 25 stars instead of 50 as well, possibly one of the reasons our calculations don't seem to add up. @Ferret was this intentional? or is it a by product of reassessing the value of some quests and, as such, is to be fixed?

Showing 61-75 of 103