ForumsNews and FeedbackStar Stat

103 38714
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

A few minutes ago, I noted a new stat in the "Forum Moderators" section of the main forum page. The stat has a star as its symbol and is below the number of quests in each mod/admin's spot. Here's a screenshot:

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee400/Patrick2011b/Windows%208/Star%20Stat_zpsh00peflv.png

I'm guessing this is a point system of some kind, but I don't see any indication of it in the profiles yet.

Edit: The "star" stat appears in the threads as well. My "star" value is 6,270, but I see several mods/admins with 5 digit values. Among the mods/admins, Gantic has the highest value with over 30K.

• 103 Replies
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@MrDayCee

Sorry! I couldn't hold in my excitement.

Pleasant surprises are nice, but surprises with additional information would be nicer. Such as letting us know where we can see our stars now and a list of ranks so we know where we are in terms of position in ranking.

boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

good suggestions
and more is coming

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Player rankings are out.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Nice work @boppins xD I see the ranks coming out smoothly so far (*hinty hinty* )

Though, to everyone reading this, remember, this is not yet your actual rank. As we've established here (and boppins confirmed it), there is a bug that causes quest values not to change for those who have completed said quests, once those quests' difficulty is changed. (so If you completed a hard quest that later turns to Insane, you won't get the extra stars for example.) Right now this favors those who have completed the quests more recently. But we have assurances that it will be fixed as you can see in the thread. So hold on before you jump in the bandwagon

Engarim
Engarim
5 posts
Scribe

How do you get stars/ranks?

Last4Skull
Last4Skull
2,265 posts
King

It's been Answered many time but I will say it again

You level up your rank by gaining stars, stars are given by quest, an easy give you 10 stars, a medium 25, an hard 50 and finally an insane 200 stars.

Merits given by administrator or moderator give you 50 stars too ! You don't earn any star by posting on the forums.

Hope it helps !

boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

@Doombreed (and everyone else) the quest scores for everyone have been updated to be accurate, and I have re-ran the ranking stats for everyone as well. Everything should be accurate now

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

@boppins thanks for fixing this and the update too you are awesome

Just a question though, I noticed some users have the word 'premium' next to their name in the rankings. I assume this means they have access to premium content (like AFG+). But what part does it play in the user's rank and star total? o.O How is it related to the ranking?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

As far as I know, AFG+ has no effect on stars or ranks.

boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

no effect.. just for showin off

TCDC
TCDC
4 posts
Jester

Interesting to say the least.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Interesting, after the updating the stars count I ranked up. Yay!

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Yeah, I went up to Regent as well, though that could have been due to that additional Quest I got.

Showing 91-103 of 103