ForumsQuestsHero Simulator: Idle Adventures Quests

64 44626
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Work your way into this idle adventure and become a Hero by achieving all these Quests for Hero Simulator: Idle Adventures!

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17998/media/icon/6f0c74983d129e7b1cd255f6ec06bed0.png?v=1463114888
Heroic Reign Starter
Reach Level 10.
Hardness: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17998/media/icon/ad45ef6f4e6385ce4c37b481c3f3f838.png?v=1463114926
Junior Financial Planner
Invest 5 Times.
Hardness: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17998/media/icon/0e99ad06517f4cd7538d5f62cf76af26.png?v=1463114966
Walking Armory
Buy 20 Items.
Hardness: Medium

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17998/media/icon/2aed2eed777e83b434718351d45b8c07.png?v=1463115029
Demosthenes Reborn
Hire 10 Recruits.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17998/media/icon/3d9d36723b6c1d66dbc96c36254685c9.png?v=1463114996
To Infinity And Beyond!
Reset Your Journey Once.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17998/media/icon/72de4769e6612ba1a2377fba1c649841.png?v=1463115063
Interstellar Explorer
Complete The In-Game Quest "Search For New Worlds".
Hardness: Hard

• 64 Replies
Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

Ugh, what did I do in a past life to be punished like this.

First it's another crappy idle game. Then it is quite possibly the absolute worst idle game possible.

I mean this game has almost zero interaction. At least in most other idle games you have some kind of quest, killing at least some variety of random monsters and bosses, using activated abilities to beat bosses, swapping guys in and out of formation, balancing upgrading levels versus ability upgrades, and balancing the x4, x10 bonuses you usually get at later levels.

But this game has none of that. You literally sit there and watch freaking status bars fill. Then you click some upgrades. Then you watch more status bars fill. That's it for the ENTIRE GAME. Just utter trash, even for an idle game.

It's also EXTREMELY hard to tell how much benefit you are actually getting from quest upgrades because you have no indication of how much gold/honor and how much time decrease the next upgrade gives you. So you are left guessing based on the level as to what the most efficient place to invest is.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

This made me grateful for Crusaders of the Lost Idol haha.

randomblah
randomblah
246 posts
King

I think you get faster progress via investment... at least that's what I'm doing.

SkySand
SkySand
5 posts
King

I would only call this an idle game in the broadest sense of the word, because in terms of gold/honor there's so much riding on investments that progression at a reasonable pace requires a more active involvement. And that, in turn, basically boils down to investing when the risk is <20% (<10% ideally) checking back every few minutes, all the while hoping the randomness won't screw you over.

bakkart
bakkart
636 posts
Prince

Good thing no one was home today ... I actually screamed when I saw these quests for another idle game. And, once playing it, I have to agree with Olinser ... not only is this another idle game (ugh) but it's a horrible idle game.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

We appreciate your feedback @bakkart and @Olinser. I just want to make sure @Tasselfoot sees it as well. We can't promise never to do idle Quests, lots of folks like them, but the goal is to make you guys happy. The game is rated pretty highly!

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

It seems the game was released while still in development. I just loaded the page, and first thing I see is an Update notice, with new features including... quests! Oh and "Horses and skateboards", apparently (wat).

Edit: I'm not sure, but quests are completed automatically once you're in a guild...? Maybe not the kind of quests Olinser meant after all.

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
795 posts
Chamberlain

I'll definitely keep things in mind for future idle games. It was either give quests to this updated 1.5 version of the game or the previous one... and we decided to go for this. One way or another, it was getting quests. The #1 (and just about only) thing we look at in terms of awarding quests is user rating.

Sorry this one isn't a favorite! There will be more coming... hopefully you'll like them, but sometimes you won't

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

I mean I have serious objections to Idle quests in general just because they may as well read, "Play the game for X hours".

But I do understand why some people like the genre of idle games. They are something you can just long on and make progress without having to play the game a lot. On mobile they aren't terrible.

This game in particular though, I literally cannot comprehend why it is popular. There is absolutely zero content. Even other idle games have bosses, goals, quests, etc. This game has absolutely nothing. You just sit there and watch status bars fill.

randomblah
randomblah
246 posts
King

@Olinser that's not quite true.

I would like to submit a name change: 'Hero Simulator: When Heroes go to Wall Street'. Because that's basically all I bother doing.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I don't mind quests for idle games because I'm constantly looking for faster ways to complete this quests, but these quests are just a waiting game and there really isn't a faster strategy to complete them. Progression slows to a snail's pace somewhere around level 30.

The in-game quests and items are pointless after level 15. Money made from investments far outweigh any of the other benefits of in-game quests, item modifiers, and renting out property, but you still can't make enough to buy anything useful. It's a waiting game until you unlock Royal Guards Guild. Then waiting until you unlock Hunting Dragons. Then waiting until you complete Hunting Dragons. Reset the world. Rinse and repeat.

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

@Gantic - Actually I was able to reset the world without actually completing Hunting Dragons, even though it VERY CLEARLY had on the screen 'Complete Hunting Dragons 0/1' it allowed me to reset it and still received the appropriate number of hero spirits.

This is indicative of a number of serious bugs with this game.

The percentages on the investment screen are also completely wrong. Like, RADICALLY wrong. For example, I just hit a level 3 investment that claimed it would take 60% of honor. It actually only invested about 30%.

In another case I hit level 1 investment when I had roughly equal amounts of honor/gold - about 20.0 Sx - , and it had roughly equal percentages (about 25% each). It invested literally twice as much gold as honor.

Then a distressingly large number of the periodic buffs don't actually seem to work. In particular the 'All Investments Risk -x%' doesn't actually apply to the level 3 investment.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@Olinser: Did you buy the Ballista? Because I think that actually completes the Hunting Dragons Quest the first time, but it might be something else.

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

@Gantic - No, the items do not complete the quest (and I hadn't bought it anyway, there's no point in buying the tools until they use up a negligible amount of money since Investment makes you so ridiculously much more than quests). I did it by accident, actually. I had just bought the quest and didn't want to sit around for hours waiting for it to complete, so I checked the 'reset journey' panel and it let me click on the reset button.

randomblah
randomblah
246 posts
King

From what I can tell, you probably need to join the heroic order if you want that last quest(the 5th to last quest is underworld raid, and you already need the heroic order for that). So the best strategy is probably hitting lvl 100 before resetting - that is, unless you want to try 2x 50 runs, or heroic might(30 stamps).

Showing 1-15 of 64