ForumsNews and FeedbackIdea: Named Ranking System.

134 45903
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Hey all. I put together an idea for ranks, let me know your thoughts.

#0 - Nomad
#1 - Peasant
#2 - Shepherd
#3 - Farmer
#4 - Blacksmith
#5 - Jester
#6 - Scribe
#7 - Bard
#8 - Herald
#9 - Constable
#10 - Treasurer
#11 - Templar
#12 - Justiciar
#13 - Chancellor
#14 - Chamberlain
#15 - Lord & Lady
#16 - Baron & Baroness
#17 - Count & Countess
#18 - Marquis & Marquise
#19 - Duke & Duchess
#20 - Archduke & Archduchess
#21 - Grand Duke & Grand Duchess
#22 - Viceroy & Vicereine
#23 - Regent
#24 - Prince & Princess
#25 - King & Queen

NOTE: If you have an idea for ranking system titles, please post it below for all to see.

• 134 Replies
welltell
welltell
10 posts
Farmer

Nice so it looks like some of you have grasped the concept of expiring points and adding more quests etc. What kind of motivational awards or privileges would you consider to give out to players who manage to attain a lot of stars and remain active.

Also the other benefit to this system is that people would be motivated to play the majority of the new games that come out to keep up in the point system. So every game would get a fare share of exposure.
And people who slack off will just drop off the points board, clearing up room for other more active people.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@welltell I don't think stars should expire. If they expired that would mean the demotion of users. The stars system shouldn't mean to be like a scoreboard or a form of currency, but it should show the entirety of someone's progress, not just his current progress. You're thinking of a system that shows a users activity.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I'm sure that if things get out of hand, they could just add more ranks at the top.

I don't think expiring points will work out completely, especially for people who have ran out of Quests to do.

welltell
welltell
10 posts
Farmer

Well okay then how about this concept. Points that expire, as you get them they give out some sort of status, rank or bonus. When they expire They accumulate in the base amount that will always show the total amount you have gotten. So the points that are time sensitive will have some sort of bonus attached to them, forcing players to keep them current to keep that bonus, what ever it would be. And a total of all the points they ever got, so when the points expire they still are kept. And this bunch of points can be used to give a permanent rank.

kyleroberttee
kyleroberttee
1 posts
Peasant

wait a second,im new to armorgames so can someone teach me how ranking works?

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@kyleroberttee Ranking is based on the stars you've earned, which is based on the quests you've done.

BalkanRenegades
BalkanRenegades
824 posts
Treasurer

When are we going to get named ranks?

MikaCinc
MikaCinc
408 posts
Treasurer

I like this idea!

welltell
welltell
10 posts
Farmer

I have found out that some of the mods can give out steam keys to people who post good comments or do some thing good in the chat room. So going back to my previous comment, If you keep your points current and above a total level per month you will be awarded a steam key game of your choice.

That would keep people invested in trying to get points, even if they expire. Etc etc.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

I have found out that some of the mods can give out steam keys to people who post good comments or do some thing good in the chat room. So going back to my previous comment, If you keep your points current and above a total level per month you will be awarded a steam key game of your choice.

I think you're talking about admins. It would take too much time, effort and resources to be able to pull off this idea. Not saying that it's bad, but giving away steam keys like that costs.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Mods can give them out if they are available.

rico682
rico682
34 posts
Treasurer

Oh I see. Glad you finally made it. I was thinking you will abandon that after time. I have a little question for you: What functions will these ranks have?
P.S: Many Thanks!

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

@MattEmAngel

Your Quest Count is a little on the low side for now.

ShoukaKanai
ShoukaKanai
3 posts
Bard

So these are the ranking system

Showing 121-134 of 134