ForumsNews and Feedback[Unofficial] Armor Games Star Leaderboards

16 14778
ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

This is unofficial Armor Games Stars Leaderboard ! Errors are quite possible , since there is not 100% efficient way for gathering data! Special thanks to @Doombreed for being most helpful , and making this possible!

Top 30

https://s32.postimg.org/llqk6nwxx/star_LB_ag.png

• 16 Replies
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Very impressive indeed!

Props to everyone who made it here!

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

I have to say, comparatively, jimmycarlos and kolis have the strangest star count. jimmycarlos has 991 Quests and 3 Merits, without any old website quests. How is it possible that he has 31,310 stars? Olinser with 4 more merits (so 200 more stars just from Merits) and 11 more Quests (including the insane 'Knight's Blessing' quest which jc does not have and is worth 200 stars) is a whooping 2010 stars behind... ivan with 11 more quests (again, blessed) and 67 more merits (67*50 = 3350 more stars just from merits) is only 480 stars ahead. I would guess that jc has many insane quests but so do the other Questers.

As for kolis, it's the same deal. 989 quests, no merits, not blessed, yet somehow, 30,370 stars... Doesn't make sense at all, that star count with those stats is impossible.

BalkanRenegades
BalkanRenegades
824 posts
Treasurer

Getting even 10000 stars is quite a challenge, because not all quests can be completed. Well that depends on your gaming skill level.

helpo1
helpo1
3,778 posts
King

Very nice, but... erm... I doubt @helpo has 27.8k stars. :P

jimmycarlos
jimmycarlos
204 posts
King

Wow, I am really surprised to be 3rd place across all of Armor Games. I feel very pleased, and well done to everyone else in the top 30.

To answer Doom's questions about me - I have a hunch as to why I and kolis have above average stars. This hunch is way out there, but if it is right it would be very nice indeed. I achieved the majority of my quests in December 2015. A look at Kolis' page mentions a comment that he got over 100 quests in November 2015. A lot of other players earned quests before this time. In relation to others, we're new to the scene.

I remember when I was trying to finish off "The Weapon Masters", that the official Armor Games Quest board by Ferret mentioned the hardest quest being the hard quest "Dragon Slayer". However, when I completed it, it wasn't a hard quest - It had been upgraded to an Insane Quest.

If we take Patrick2011's guess for the Quests to Stars conversion which says that: "Each easy quest is worth 10 points. Each medium quest is worth 25 points. Each hard quest is worth 50 points. Each insane quest is worth 200 points."

It would mean that I would have a 150 star advantage just from the "Dragon Slayer" quest. Add to the fact that over time, more badges have increased in difficulty rather than decreased and it could explain this discrepancy.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I doubt @helpo has 27.8k stars. :P

I think he meant you, but he forgot the 1 in your username.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

It would mean that I would have a 150 star advantage just from the "Dragon Slayer" quest. Add to the fact that over time, more badges have increased in difficulty rather than decreased and it could explain this discrepancy.

Not really, it still does not make sense. The quests did not increase in difficulty just for you two, but for all of the users. So the star count of others who completed should have been updated too if that's the case. You would have a 200 star advantage from the Weapon Masters' Insane Quest sure but they would have a far greater (200 in Olinser's case and 3350 in ivan's case) advantage just from Merits (assuming of course that they did not earn Dragon Slayer too). Finally, even that way, they have both earned the knight's blessing which is an extra 200 star advantage. For this to make any sense, you would have to have earned every insane quest on the website (38 + Dragon Slayer = 39) because Olinser, ivan, swipenet, all of the top of the leaderboard has earned many insane quests too. For your star count to be explained, you must have at least 16 more Insane quests than them (3200 stars, so assuming Olinser's count is an average star total for his number of quests, minus the stars from the merits it is 27950. Your star count without the merits, is 31160. So you would need 3210 stars more from Insane Quests than the other top questers and since each Insane quest is 200 stars, then you would need at least 16 more than the rest of the questers.)

Now normally, I would not dismiss the possibility that you've attained that massive boost from Insane quests but ivan is missing only 11 Insane quests in total (and since Olinser has the same amount of quests, I assume it is the same for him too). Your advantage with the quest 'Dragon Slayer' matches their advantage with the Knight's Blessing so we can safely put these two out of the equation. So from the rest of the 38 insane quests on the website, even if you have all of them (also not possible since you are both missing the debates, the poetry, the creator quests, some website contest quests in general) you would have a 2200 star boost in comparison to the others, 1010 stars less than the boost you actually have. Minus the website insane quests and that boost becomes even smaller.

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

Sorry @helpo1 , indeed as @Patrick2011 said , it was a oversight, was planning to change it , once I update the list and expand it! Concerning the rest of the list , it is quite possible that some user names start with capital letter and opposite, so I will be checking that also!

From my experience , not all quests from same difficulty give the exact same star points ! So it is not a general rule that all, for example, hard quests will bring you 50 stars , or medium 25! This is something that could be checked , by community , so we could have a clear shot and finally resolve this puzzle! If anyone is willing to help , please let me know!

jimmycarlos
jimmycarlos
204 posts
King

If it's of any help to you @Doombreed, here's my Missing Quests; colour-coded by difficulty.

http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o334/jimmycarlos/Missing%20Quests.png

I am also missing 2 Easy, 1 Medium and 1 Hard from removed holiday quests and the Old AG Rank Quests.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

It is a big help, thanks

Also, the Old AG rank quests do not have any star value. We've determined that the same way we found out about the value of Merits. From a user who had 350 stars with exclusively old website quests and 7 merits.

BalkanRenegades
BalkanRenegades
824 posts
Treasurer

How much start points does a merit give you?

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

As far as I know , merit is worth 50 stars !

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

From my experience , not all quests from same difficulty give the exact same star points ! So it is not a general rule that all, for example, hard quests will bring you 50 stars , or medium 25! This is something that could be checked , by community , so we could have a clear shot and finally resolve this puzzle! If anyone is willing to help , please let me know!

It looks like the answer to the puzzle is not that star value is independent of difficulty, but that a security feature can make certain quests worthless depending on the order they're earned. In this thread, @jimmycarlos created two alts and had each of them complete 6 easy website quests as well as both quests for What's inside the box?. However, each alt completed the game quests in a different order, and the one that did the easier quest first has 10 more stars than the other one. This suggests that if a harder quest is earned before an easier quest, then the easier quest's star value is converted to 0, most likely to discourage hacks. Later in the thread, it is determined that everyone has fewer stars than expected due to earning certain quests in the "wrong" order.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

To add to what Patrick said, this does not always happen. For example, in my very recent Epic Combo Redux quest run, I earned the first 3 quests in order, then I earned the hard '100 Freakin' Million' and then the medium '100 Turtle Rush'. Yet all quests gave me the correct amount of stars.

I am going to ask jc to earn some more quests with his alts to see if the star count is updated for past quests as soon as you earn new ones

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

Yet there is one more example, what if you play some game that does not have quests, and in the meantime receives quests! Depending on system it will try to automatically gather and recognize quests you have already earned , if it doesn't have a specific trigger and you have to replay some part of the game! In that case quests will not going to be received in order !

There are more examples , what if you play some game on multi computers , every with different privacy settings (home computer, work computer), will the results always be the same ?!?

Also, not all games have bound quests , that needs to follow order!

Showing 1-15 of 16