ForumsForum GamesCount to 500 II: 500 Miles to the Temple

418 100838
Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

Hello and welcome back! After a while (and me getting distracted), I have finally started the sequel to the original count to 500. Please read the rules and have fun... If you want to. It isn't in the rules.

In this game players must use dice to count to 500 by doing the following

1. State the current number which the count has reached
2. Roll 1d20
3. Flip 1 coin

Counting works as follows

The count starts at zero and resets upon completion of a count. You add the number on the 1d20 but, if the coin comes up as tails, divide the roll by 2 (rounding up) and take the resulting number away from the count. Mods and admins (if they ever join) always take away a full d20 and therefore don't have to flip a coin. The count can become negative and if it ever reaches -250, the mods and admins win, even if they haven't contributed. Any post that doesn't count or makes a mistake instantly removes 20 from the count (or adds twenty if it's a mod or admin). Missing the current count is a mistake (but if you still add to the count, the addition or subtraction counts as well as the penalty). Back to back (p1, p2, p1, p2, like in count to 100) counts as a mistake as well as double posting. B2b still counts, even if a mistake has been made in between viable posts. B2b only doesn't count if there is a reset. Double posting is allowed if it is to repeat a roll of flip which didn't work (because it contained invalid punctuation, for example).

Reaching 500 results in a win.

Players may name their rolls in any way (as long as it is not intentionally offensive).

A new addition to this game is that players must also count their personal scores with every post. This will be the players total contribution to their side in the game. At the end of each round, the totals shall be used to update a leaderboard. These totals are for all games and will not reset upon starting a new count.

Now, great players, you have started a great quest and must journey across the land of Armoria to find the legendary temple of the God of dice, Psuedo-rand, and his counterpart and wife in the other-realm, Flipper, Goddess of coins. This daunting task is harder than it may seem already as the defenders of the Temple are trying to stop you, misleading you in one way or another to send you the wrong way or hold you back. You must see through their tricks and reach the Temple.

Five_hundred = 5Miles_to_go = Tails

DICE RESULTS
5 = Five_hundred
COIN RESULTS
Miles_to_go
Tails
  • 418 Replies
Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

34. I counted my score. I think it's correct.

personal score: 168

Test = 15 X2 = Heads

DICE RESULTS
15 = Test
COIN RESULTS
X2
Heads
armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

49. YAY! this game is so funny 1d20=9 Coin Flip = Tails

Personal Score: +1 -> -4

DICE RESULTS
9 = 1d20
COIN RESULTS
Coin Flip
Tails
Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

44. Funniness wasn't my aim, but it is still good! We are starting to go the right way again... For now. Hermit, you are fine, nothing is wrong with your post. The personal score is just your total contribution to the count, both positive and negative. When you next post, your personal score will be 14

Personal Score: 183

1d20=8Coin Flip = Tails

DICE RESULTS
8 = 1d20
COIN RESULTS
Coin Flip
Tails
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

40. Hey, check out that tree over there! It looks totally amazing!

Personal score: 376

1d20=5

DICE RESULTS
5 = 1d20
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

35. *Vanquishes tree with fire* A tree? what tree? where?

Personal score: 38

1d20=18
Coin Flip = Tails

DICE RESULTS
18 = 1d20
COIN RESULTS
Coin Flip
Tails
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

26. *claps slowly* Bravo, you beat my tree. But! You were so focused on it you lost your way nevertheless. Was it right? Was it left? Who knows??

Personal score: 381

Edit: Ugh, that roll was so anticlimactic -.-

1d20=1

DICE RESULTS
1 = 1d20
Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

25. Indeed it was, but we are still going the wrong way! Who has the map? Did we leave it at the tree?

PS: 179

Find_the_tree = 13

Go_back_to_where_we_were = Heads

DICE RESULTS
13 = Find_the_tree
COIN RESULTS
Go_back_to_where_we_were
Heads
armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

38. sorry about the map. I ate it because I was hungry 1d20=6 Coin Flip = Tails

Personal Score: -4 -> -7

DICE RESULTS
6 = 1d20
COIN RESULTS
Coin Flip
Tails
Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

32. So do we go straight? I have a good sense of direction. Although I did end up in London once when I was trying to get to France. There was also the fact that I went left instead of right and straight into a wall.

Personal score : 183

1d20=18 Coin Flip = Heads

DICE RESULTS
18 = 1d20
COIN RESULTS
Coin Flip
Heads
Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

33. Half the result when taking away Chryo. -20 for a mistake, -3 For AP's post and +18 for Chryo's post.

PS:192

We_can_not_walk_into_a = 1

Wall_as_there_isnt_one = Heads

DICE RESULTS
1 = We_can_not_walk_into_a
COIN RESULTS
Wall_as_there_isnt_one
Heads
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

34. Oh, this is reassuring. At least there are no w-- *bumps onto an invisible barrier head on*

1d20=18
Coin Flip = Heads

EDIT: PS 29 (not counting this post)

DICE RESULTS
18 = 1d20
COIN RESULTS
Coin Flip
Heads
bakkart
bakkart
636 posts
Prince

52. Good fences make good neighbors; invisible walls make people angry.

PS = 0

Dice = 1

Flip = Tails

DICE RESULTS
1 = Dice
COIN RESULTS
Flip
Tails
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

51. Lets see...14 personal score

Personal Score: 14

1d20=12

Coin Flip = Heads

DICE RESULTS
12 = 1d20
COIN RESULTS
Coin Flip
Heads
armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

63. how far is the end of the jungle from here, Swarm? 1d20=13 Coin Flip = Heads

Personal Score: -7 -> +6

DICE RESULTS
13 = 1d20
COIN RESULTS
Coin Flip
Heads
Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

76. Jungle? No. The jungle is far from here, past the desert. We are in a forest and we are now close to leaving it.

PS: 193

The_land_is_getting = 18

Steeper = Tails

DICE RESULTS
18 = The_land_is_getting
COIN RESULTS
Steeper
Tails
Showing 31-45 of 418