ForumsForum GamesCount to 500 IV: The Hidden Path

299 81789
Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

Welcome to the fourth count to 500 game.

In this game players must use dice to count to 500 by doing the following

1. State the current number which the count has reached
2. Roll 1d20
3. Flip 1 coin

Counting works as follows

The count starts at zero and resets upon completion of a count. You add the number on the 1d20 but, if the coin comes up as tails, divide the roll by 2 (rounding up) and take the resulting number away from the count. Mods and admins (if they ever join) always take away a full d20 and therefore don't have to flip a coin. The count can become negative and if it ever reaches -250, the mods and admins win, even if they haven't contributed. Any post that doesn't count or makes a mistake instantly removes 20 from the count (or adds twelve if it's a mod or admin), unless it is an intentional mistake meant to hinder one side, in which case it should be completely ignored. Missing the current count is a mistake (but if you still add to the count, the addition or subtraction counts as well as the penalty). Back to back (p1, p2, p1, p2, like in count to 100) counts as a mistake as well as double posting. B2b still counts, even if a mistake has been made in between viable posts. B2b only doesn't count if there is a reset. Double posting is allowed if it is to repeat a roll or flip which didn't work (because it contained invalid punctuation, for example) or which was forgotten.

Reaching 500 results in a win.

Players may name their rolls in any way (as long as it is not intentionally offensive).

Players must also count their personal scores with every post. This will be the players total contribution to their side in the game, including mistakes. At the end of each round, the totals shall be used to update the leaderboard. These totals are for all games and will not reset upon starting a new count.

Leaderboard

@HahiHa - 1638
@KatPryde - 828
@Swarmlord2 - 336
@Ramit12 - 325
@Muffin1634 - 290
@Touchemoisituveux - -22

If you didn't post your score from the last game, then please do so now.

Having escaped the maze, you need to find another way into the inner chambers. The guardians don't bother you at all, as you explore the smaller ruins in the area around the large temple. You soon find a building which has collapsed on the inside, revealing tunnels, below the level of the maze. They are largely blocked off, unstable passages and will be difficult to traverse, however this is most likely the only way to get back to the temple. However, before you can enter the old tunnels, you must clear the rubble blocking the small entrance.

• 299 Replies
PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

399. Ghaaaah! You pulled that arrow with your eye quickly, make priest resurrecting it, so we can stitch it back on its place! *throws a small vase on on the traps. Nothing happens* OK I'm heading back!
1d20=18
Coin Flip = Tails
PS = 112 -> 103
*as soon as he started going back a huge stone sphere rolled quickly behind him, on the perpendicular corridor, from left to right*

DICE RESULTS
18 = 1d20
COIN RESULTS
Coin Flip
Tails
PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

398. And I probably have hallucinations and sorta don't know what's real here and what's not 0_o
1d20=11
Coin Flip = Tails
PS = 103 -> 97
OK, so you didn't take it out with your eye. There was "no gore" setting on.

DICE RESULTS
11 = 1d20
COIN RESULTS
Coin Flip
Tails
sciller45
sciller45
2,855 posts
Justiciar

392. You've had too much alcohol for your own good, @PLGuy, Like way too much.

YoureGonnaGetAPretty = 3
HorribleHangoverTomorrow = Tails

BUT! Till then, let's get the treasure!

PS: 62 -> 60

DICE RESULTS
3 = YoureGonnaGetAPretty
COIN RESULTS
HorribleHangoverTomorrow
Tails
PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

390. Ugh, so we have to hurry before I pass out. Let's see what's good here!
1d20=8
Coin Flip = Heads
PS = 97 -> 105

DICE RESULTS
8 = 1d20
COIN RESULTS
Coin Flip
Heads
Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

398. Just don't hurry. There are probably more traps.

PS: 479

1d20=2Coin Flip = Heads

DICE RESULTS
2 = 1d20
COIN RESULTS
Coin Flip
Heads
PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

400. We can detect traps by throwing some stuff from backpacks! What do I have here...
1d20=17
Coin Flip = Tails
PS = 105 -> 96

... candy bars, 2 rocks, a thermometer, last month's newspaper, dance mat... Oh no, everything so important... I'm sentimental about them, I even named the rocks

@KatPryde what's that cube you've got there?

DICE RESULTS
17 = 1d20
COIN RESULTS
Coin Flip
Tails
sciller45
sciller45
2,855 posts
Justiciar

391. I don't know, but whenever someone's staring at an ominous little cube, I suggest you should run away before it sucks your soul out.

MustNotLookAtTheCube = 17
YetItsSoTempting = Tails

Gosh, darn it! Now it's sucking my soul out! Hehehe. Just keep trying little cube.

I have no soul

PS: 60 -> 51

DICE RESULTS
17 = MustNotLookAtTheCube
COIN RESULTS
YetItsSoTempting
Tails
PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

382. I can stop it! I'll throw... *looks at one of the rocks. You can see a struggle on his face*

ItsSoHard = Tails
ButIHaveToDoThis = 14

PS = 96 -> 89

Give me some time! I must say goodbye

DICE RESULTS
14 = ButIHaveToDoThis
COIN RESULTS
ItsSoHard
Tails
sciller45
sciller45
2,855 posts
Justiciar

388. Hmmm. It seems the cube has negative effects on the cognitive performance of people.

DontWorryTheCubeDoesnt = 2
AffectMeProbably = Tails

Oh np! My Spellung!

PS: 51 -> 50

DICE RESULTS
2 = DontWorryTheCubeDoesnt
COIN RESULTS
AffectMeProbably
Tails
PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

387. Johnny, I have to throw you into an evil cube........ Really?! You don't mind it? *he said with a cracked voice, cleared his throat and then continued calmlier* Johnny, you're a prince among rocks.

[roll 1d20 FarewellJohnny!]
YouRock = Heads

PS = 89 ->

COIN RESULTS
YouRock
Heads
PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

Oopsie. I thought ! are good.
FarewellJohnny = 12
PS = 89 -> 101

*Johnny strikes the evil cube stopping its soul-sucking attack for a while. Noone could spot what happend to him after that.*
Banzai! *said while wiping a single tear* Now let's exorcise it! Can bishop exorcise cubes?! Also here @KatPryde a delicious candy bar! Maybe it can intensify your magic! (And hopefully it will weaken the rumbling of your stomach)

DICE RESULTS
12 = FarewellJohnny
sciller45
sciller45
2,855 posts
Justiciar

399. Or! We could just do this... *Pushes cube over into a bottomless pit*

SniffWeWillNeverForget = 18
JohhnyllBeInOurMinds4evr = Heads

YES! FINALLY A BLOODY HEADS!

PS: 50 -> 68

DICE RESULTS
18 = SniffWeWillNeverForget
COIN RESULTS
JohhnyllBeInOurMinds4evr
Heads
sciller45
sciller45
2,855 posts
Justiciar

408. I don't know why Johnny is, but he saved my life :'(

YoullBeMemberedJohnnyBoy = 11
YoullBeRemembered = Tails

OK, so can we go get the treasure now. Right after I put up these signs warning people of the bottomless pit, of course!

PS: 68 -> 62

DICE RESULTS
11 = YoullBeMemberedJohnnyBoy
COIN RESULTS
YoullBeRemembered
Tails
PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

402. No way!? I've found you! @KatPryde @sciller45 look guys, here's Johnny, the bravest of stones!
What? No, you're the man. Johnny, you're the man! Ah, stop it, you're the man! No, you are! You are! Hahaha, my best buddy xD
IDontNeedTreasures = 6
UnlessIFindNiceStones = Tails
PS = 101 -> 98

Oh, right sorry. I'm coming. Johnny, go back to Lucy, bro.

DICE RESULTS
6 = IDontNeedTreasures
COIN RESULTS
UnlessIFindNiceStones
Tails
PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

389. I see, so I'll try to go the opposite direction. It can't be worse?
1d20=1
Coin Flip = Heads
PS = 98 -> 99

DICE RESULTS
1 = 1d20
COIN RESULTS
Coin Flip
Heads
Showing 256-270 of 299