ForumsForum GamesHow FishPreferred Are You?

284 82452
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Mark your calendars! Clear your schedules! Defragment your hard drives and install those updates!

It is time for How FishPreferred Are You?

As you may know, Gantic will not be available to do his usual schtick this year, thus it falls to me to continue this weird tradition of quantifying your similitude to some vague standard through a series of convoluted and seemingly arbitrary tests.

Sign-up is open until 10 spots are filled, or until September 9, whichever is sooner. You may wager any number of Gantic Points you like, but they will be disregarded because Gantic Points have no relevance to this game.

ROSTER:
1ʭ Hardstrike
1ʭ MattEmAngel
1ʭ Yellowcat
1ʭ hafaroman
1ʭ Coral42
1ʭ Boofuss
1ʭ Moegreche
1ʭ PLGuy
1ʭ Swarmlord2*

*Additional entry, because Hey, why not?

• 284 Replies
Coral42
Coral42
265 posts
Blacksmith

Ill join... not sure if i can get my head around it though

Boofuss
Boofuss
265 posts
Peasant

I'll join! It'll be fun! I think. I don't know.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

How FishPreferred Are You? has officially begun. Admission is now closed.

Pointless TOS

[gratuitous_all_caps]This game is distributed "as is" and any express or implied warranties are disclaimed. In no event shall FishPreferred or its subsidiaries be liable for any damage to property, credibility, or brain tissue, any loss of funds, memory, hair, children, or limbs, nor for any locust plague, gravy explosion, excessive hair growth, uncontained singularity, bread cancer, economic collapse, noise pollution, nuclear disaster, or power ballad which may result directly or indirectly from the existence of this thread.[/gratuitous_all_caps]

The primary currency used in How FishPreferred Are You? is the piscum (ʭ), which is equivalent in every way to the point (p), except that pisca cannot be deducted from your score; only exchanged. If any player does somehow end up with 0ʭ, they are eliminated. No exceptions (usually). At the end of the game, the winner is determined by whoever has the most pisca. Each player receives 1ʭ of credit upon signing up, which will later be withdrawn at some later point afterward. As you can undoubtedly see, this game may or may not be the most confusing thing you've ever seen. Roll 1d20 to prove that you have read this really dull nonsense. Questions from the players are welcome, except where they explicitly or implicitly aren't, except-except in round 3, where it's anyone's guess, except it really isn't. Unless otherwise stated, each round ends on Saturday the week after it begins.

TL;DR: There are no Fish Points in How FishPreferred Are You?. There are only points and slightly different points. Also, pay no attention to the exchange rate listed below; It is there specifically to confuse you.

Current Rate of Exchange
Buying: 12p , Selling: 85 1/6p

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Round 1 is the Blindfolded Boot Brawl Round. May Hel have mercy on your soles. The object of this game is to score against other players within 20 turns by throwing boots at them. For each turn, you can either move in any cardinal direction (m< m^ mv m> ) until you meet an obstacle, or throw a boot (you start with 5) in any cardinal direction (t< t^ tv t> ) until it meets an obstacle. You cannot stop in the middle of a corridor, nor can you be hit while moving to your next position. Instead, you are considered to be at a given location as soon as you try to move toward it. If two players are at the same position, they count as a single target for booting purposes.

Oh, by the way, I will not be telling you where anyone is starting from.

Map:
https://i.imgur.com/Y6JXAxR.png

x = start point
u = boot bin
@ = respawn point
▒ = wall

Each player must submit a list of 20 actions before the deadline.

-10p for being booted.
+20p for booting someone.

You have until Saturday (Sep 16) to submit your turn list.

Current Rate of Exchange
Buying: 94 , Selling: 95

Hardstrike
Hardstrike
543 posts
King

[roll 1d20 Bunch of dull nonsense ✓]

Hardstrike
Hardstrike
543 posts
King

Why the hell doesnt this work

1d20=11

DICE RESULTS
11 = 1d20
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

do boots go through boot bins (meaning, can you throw them at targets that are on the other side of a boot bin)? how many boots does each boot bin provide? Do you claim boots by passing "through" the bin? is it one use? If you get hit, do you respawn at one of the points afterwards?

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Yes, increments of 5 to a maximum of 5, yes, no, and yes.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

ProofofReading = 12

Also, instructions unclear: boot stuck in fan.

Do you want the entire list of 20 moves all at once?

If not, then m> until I hit an obstacle. (Hopefully there's feedback on how far I've moved!)

DICE RESULTS
12 = ProofofReading
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Do you want the entire list of 20 moves all at once?
Yes. I will do a rundown of everything at the end of the round, but until then the only feedback is that you start at an x.
Boofuss
Boofuss
265 posts
Peasant
DICE RESULTS
16 = ReadIt
PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

Is boot thrown colliding with a boot bin?
Also I guess that going through the boot bin refills the boot in equipment? No need for loosing a move right?
Read = 6

DICE RESULTS
6 = Read
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

The bins are presumably low enough not to get in the way.

Also, yes, it's something that just happens by itself. For lack of a better explanation, I offer this as a hypothesis:

https://imgur.com/MTnOsec.png

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

@MattEmAngel Are you aware that you made 5 the same move as 4.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

@FishPreferred Hahaha your hypothesis what happens when going through a boot bin is plausible xD I'll post my moves soon.

Showing 16-30 of 284