ForumsForum GamesTug of War

819 189403
oyaji3211
oyaji3211
258 posts
Herald

This is a battle of the sexes. If the poster is male, he will add 1 to the number above him and then make a comment of any sort he wishes. If the poster is female, she will subtract 1 from the number above her and make a comment. If the number reaches 0, the girls win. If the number reaches double the starting number, the guys win. For instance if we start at 1,000, the guys win at 2,000.
Please always leave a comment with your number so it doesn't devolve into just another counting game. Comments obviously make it much more interesting.
All forum rules apply. Keep the comments civil. No double posting.

We will start with:

1,000 - This game can be really fun and a good way to have ad hoc conversations.

Amended Rules
All of the above still applies EXCEPT:
• Girls may now subtract 5 per post owing to the fact the forum demographic is skewed so much toward males.
• Each new game will begin at 50 until further notice.
• Turncoats are allowed. Meaning you may post for either gender regardless of your own gender.

• 819 Replies
PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

38. Wowzie, summer? Already? I always can't wait for summer... unless there is already a summer xD

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

36. The only 8th graders I know are very nerdy. Not dirty minded, just weird.

sciller45
sciller45
2,856 posts
Justiciar

37. I'll give you a little hint. Google daggering. And only the boys participate!

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

38. LOL... so things like that already existed? I thought that twerking was enough, but I can see that
not.
I'm more than twice that age now, so I don't even remember that well what were we doing at our counterpart of 8th grade. I just remember that I wasted enormous amounts of time on not pursuing an ambitious career as a manager. Wow, nothing has changed... and I don't regret in the least :-P

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

36. Wow. And I'm not even in 8th grade yet. It just proves even more that I am very social with older people...

sciller45
sciller45
2,856 posts
Justiciar

37. Wait. You haven't gone through middle school? Who would've guessed.

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

35. Well, I'm in middle school. It doesn't really matter, though, since you're older than me either way.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

34. We don't even have 8th grade now and for like 20 years. First school ends at 6th grade and then we go to another, higher, for three years. We translate it as college but it's not really a college. Long story short: Polish education looks completely different.

sciller45
sciller45
2,856 posts
Justiciar

35. Ah, summer! I really enjoyed it 8 years ago, but during that time winters disappeared, springs got drier and wetter (One year all crops die because of drought, the other they all die because of rain.), and summer turned into hell. In the "It's like a jillion degrees" sense, of course.

@PLGuy, so how many years of education do you have? So you have I guess kind of elementary school, then some sort of high school and do you have anything above then? Like an extra college?

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

33. Your view of summer sounds like where I live. It gets 110 degrees Fahrenheit in the summer. Really! But I can tolerate it. We all can. Our winters aren't as cold. Only like 40 degrees Fahrenheit.

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

29. Are there lots of mosquitoes where you live, Kat?

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

30. @sciller45 Oh, I messed that up. I meant that three years school is like high school and then another three years of college (liceum) ending with an exam. So it's like 1 extra year I believe? We were starting education at the age of 7, now they changed it to 6, so it has got even with USA etc.

Now weird things happen in PL - we have snow with negative temperatures and mosquitoes flying everywhere and biting furiously.

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

28. Wow, that sounds terrible. I love snow, though. It's awesome. Mostly because I live in a desert.

sciller45
sciller45
2,856 posts
Justiciar

29. We've been having some weird weather these past years. Like a few weeks before, we had snow, but it was closer to sand! You really had to add water to the snow to do anything with it! Then some rain fell and I thought "Yay! I could make a snowman!" NOPE! It just made a layer of ICE on top of a less dense layer of ice! Stepping through it was like walking through cardboard. Really. Then it melted, then froze over again and melted... All while having -20 degrees all throughout the country.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

30. I thought that you have high humidity in winter, and low in summer on Mediterranean climate. Grainy snow doesn't seem like that.

Showing 586-600 of 819