ForumsForum GamesTug of War

819 189186
oyaji3211
oyaji3211
258 posts
Herald

This is a battle of the sexes. If the poster is male, he will add 1 to the number above him and then make a comment of any sort he wishes. If the poster is female, she will subtract 1 from the number above her and make a comment. If the number reaches 0, the girls win. If the number reaches double the starting number, the guys win. For instance if we start at 1,000, the guys win at 2,000.
Please always leave a comment with your number so it doesn't devolve into just another counting game. Comments obviously make it much more interesting.
All forum rules apply. Keep the comments civil. No double posting.

We will start with:

1,000 - This game can be really fun and a good way to have ad hoc conversations.

Amended Rules
All of the above still applies EXCEPT:
• Girls may now subtract 5 per post owing to the fact the forum demographic is skewed so much toward males.
• Each new game will begin at 50 until further notice.
• Turncoats are allowed. Meaning you may post for either gender regardless of your own gender.

• 819 Replies
sciller45
sciller45
2,856 posts
Justiciar

42. Ah, the more I learn about other languages, the more I'm glad I'm a croat and we follow the write as you speak rule. Mostly.

Since everyone is doing it...

Commas, commas, beautiful little things!
Oh, simple, simple, they've got a sweet zing!
Momma told me to them to always care.
"Must be careful or the paper will tear!"
And so what do I do with all of them?
So go get the garbage bin for this gem.

~~~~~~~~~~_
~~~~~~~~~/
~~~~~~~~/
-___________/
-|,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,|
-|```````````````|
-|,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,|
-|```````````````|
-\_________/
~(o)~~~~(o)
Behold! My attempt to create a trashcan!

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

43. Seeing an epic epitaph on a mass grave of commas... It feels you with determination.

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

39. Here's some dialogue from these different things:
Period: I am awesome! Pi would never be the same without ME! And don't forget that I end all your sentences!
Exclamation Point: You just ended those three sentences with ME. We're both awesome. High five.
Period: *High fives exclamation point, even though he has no hands, arms, or fingers.*
Pi: Period, you make me who I am. Of course, without you, I would be a HUGE number! You make me small. Well, whatever. I'm awesome too.
Comma: *Sad face*

Edit: Sorry for assuming that the period is male. :P

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

38. I also think that period is a feminine domain (edit: wow that turned out kinda ambiguous 0_o)

And now let's back to the topic of poor, hard-working bees... Look how we have to post twice as many numbers. Show us some fair play, maybe you'll get some sweetness back

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

39. really? well, I'm with the 27% then

These genders are funny things, they change a lot depending on the language, I can see that when I compared German to Portuguese...

http://cache.armorgames.com/images/flags-v2/flat/24/DE.png x http://cache.armorgames.com/images/flags-v2/flat/24/BR.png

Number: Feminine x Masculine
Moon: Masculine x Feminine
Sun: Feminine x Masculine
Tree: Masculine x Feminine
Water: Neuter x Feminine
Car: Neuter x Masculine

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

38. Ok, here's some fair play We need to prepare our kindness for the upcoming summer!

sciller45
sciller45
2,856 posts
Justiciar

39. On Croatian, the period is masculine. But the literal translation of period would be cut (small cut, paper cut), so I guess it makes sense.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

40. Yeah, I didn't say it clear before - in PL we also have feminine periods, not that only I think that way. And our period means just a dot or a point. Graphical part was for some reason more important than its function.

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

38. Can we go on to a different subject? I keep interpreting "feminine periods" and "masculine periods" wrong... Not like I'm dirty minded, just that I'm a girl.

sciller45
sciller45
2,856 posts
Justiciar

39. Shouldn't dots be feminine and commas be masculine for obvious reasons? I mean...

Dot .
Dot with a "tail" ,

See this? This is the product of a dirty mind! Prized and rare!

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

40. Ahh that's dirty indeed. You should talk to a woshua and order a mind cleaning service.

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

39. Yeah, you really need a better mind. Of course, 7th graders.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

40. I never really understood why nouns have genders, I mean, we compare stuff to... people... like, because of that, my computer is a guy... but he's not even alive ;-;

One thing that kinda bothers me is that "letter" in Portuguese is feminine, but if I say like "an A", or "an R", "a J"... we use MASCULINE articles, but if I say "a letter", we use FEMININE articles... like... it's weird!

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

36. What do you have against summer? Do you live in somewhere tropical?

sciller45
sciller45
2,856 posts
Justiciar

37. 7th graders have relatively clean minds compared to 8th graders. Yeesh. If you knew what they were doing at my school, you'd have one more reason to gauge your eyes out.

Showing 571-585 of 819