ForumsForum GamesTug of War

819 188991
oyaji3211
oyaji3211
258 posts
Herald

This is a battle of the sexes. If the poster is male, he will add 1 to the number above him and then make a comment of any sort he wishes. If the poster is female, she will subtract 1 from the number above her and make a comment. If the number reaches 0, the girls win. If the number reaches double the starting number, the guys win. For instance if we start at 1,000, the guys win at 2,000.
Please always leave a comment with your number so it doesn't devolve into just another counting game. Comments obviously make it much more interesting.
All forum rules apply. Keep the comments civil. No double posting.

We will start with:

1,000 - This game can be really fun and a good way to have ad hoc conversations.

Amended Rules
All of the above still applies EXCEPT:
• Girls may now subtract 5 per post owing to the fact the forum demographic is skewed so much toward males.
• Each new game will begin at 50 until further notice.
• Turncoats are allowed. Meaning you may post for either gender regardless of your own gender.

• 819 Replies
sciller45
sciller45
2,855 posts
Justiciar

47. 100 Degrees Celsius was originally cooler than 0 degrees Celsius. So, HA! I shall use the temperature scale that isn't completely terrible! I mean, a solution of brine, water and ammonium? SERIOUSLY!?

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

48. ℃ and ℉ are still better than Kelwin and Rankine.

Also hah hah xD nice homonym usage Kat.

sciller45
sciller45
2,855 posts
Justiciar

47. Can you really say °C is better than Kelvin? Besides, who uses the word "Cool" anymore? That's so 2008! Today we use "lit". Do you think something got lit because it's -20°? Stop living in 2008, plea- *Looks at calendar* Wait, 2008 was 10 years ago. *Ensue flashbacks*

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

48. If you think you're cool enough, you don't worry if your lingo is outdated.

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

46. What's wrong with cool? It's better than the "egg" meme. If you speak French you'll understand. Yeah I learned something cool this morning

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

42. Egg in French looks like "oof". It's hilarious.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

43. It sounds funnily. If you pronounce it that way for real?

sciller45
sciller45
2,855 posts
Justiciar

44. Only one way to find out. @Olaffours ! Get over here!

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

43. Beware! A wild female spotted! What a wild female... *taking pictures*

Majestic_Fish
Majestic_Fish
1,917 posts
Chancellor

42. I must say that is quite the correct impression of the pronunciation of oeuf I must say. I study french. Don't take me seriously. But I do study french. I hate french.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

43. I can clearly hear the "baggage of emotions" in that pronunciation xD My sis told me it's very rewarding when you spare time on learning French but it's a mean feat to pronounce correctly some words.

sciller45
sciller45
2,855 posts
Justiciar

44. I generally like learning other languages. As long as it's not forced. So you may be slow learning German, but why would it be punished? You went out of your way to apply for classes and spent 2 hours extra of your free time being in a classroom? Well, *$#% you, I'm just going to lower your grades so you DON'T get into that school you want to enter!

To me, it just evolved into a different form of Geography. Study for hours and hours and then forget everything 2 days later.

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

42. I'm glad I don't have any horrible classes yet. Although next year I have to take history. But my friends told me that their history teacher does fun things. So I guess I'll just have to wait until next year to find out if it's good or bad.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

43. Some languages are also (at least for me) easier and more fun to learn that other. I like very much learning English and Italian an I liked them from start. For some reason I had no motivation for German, even though I always knew it's a language with great opportunities and there's a huge demand in this area. I also know I wouldn't mind learning Japanese. After watching some anime phrases were saving in memory quite easily. And I could finally listen to Japanese songs without feeling so stupid :-P

Hmm... do you guys wanna some nice pictures I took yesterday? xD
Edit: Another FEMALE! I can't believe in my luck... *taking pictures*

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

42. Noooooo! These were beautiful pictures.
To be honest I'm extremely unphotogenic... *takes picture of himself and checks* Aaaaaah! *faints*

Showing 766-780 of 819