ForumsWEPRPC or MAC

124 26402
LordBob
LordBob
517 posts
Nomad

I personally think macs are great (except for their lack of games) what do you guys like?

• 124 Replies
clipmaster3
clipmaster3
104 posts
Nomad

I use windows. I hate how whenever you log in it loads a bunch of crap you'll never need let alone use.

Macs have gotten better, they used to be god awful, but i still don't like their interface.

I say Linux is the best operating system, and i guess you have to go with a PC cause... well actually i don't know whether or not it's out for mac

ssbmbeliever
ssbmbeliever
5 posts
Nomad

Mac is awesome, because of the fact that they have cool features and they're not bulky.

But personally, I wouldn't spend my money on a Mac.

Both rock though, and as lonlonranch said near beginning, each fits its own purpose.

John
John
344 posts
Nomad

Mac is seriously better for what I do as a developer. If I was only a programmer I would think otherwise, but my Mac is reliable and has not had any issues unlike the other 5 computers I have had in my lifetime, ranging from Win98 to Vista.

Knock on wood.

ssbmbeliever
ssbmbeliever
5 posts
Nomad

I have two say that really the one downside to MAC is probably the one-button mouse, does anyone know if there is infact a two-button mac mouse?

John
John
344 posts
Nomad

Yes, it's called plugging in any USB mouse .

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

sorry to sayssbmbeliever but i nearly fell out of my chair when i recently read your unbelievably hysterical question of a post. Of course. All genuine PC laptops come standard with some sort of system pointing device...normally you can go and buy a mouse, or wireless laser optic advanced mouse like i myself use. I suggest investing into it.

anailator23
anailator23
87 posts
Nomad

the new macs are awsome, i am a medioker web designer and i find designing web sites on Macs a breeze while i have to fight my PC every step of the way (FYI: i use the Dreamweaver program on both)

ThexDancingxMuffin
ThexDancingxMuffin
61 posts
Nomad

PC's because:
-you can change the colour of the scrollbars (IE)
-it's easier to take screenies
-they can come in pretty colours, not just white
Mac's because:
-you can make pretty alt characters (by pressing letters! )
-they're faster
-alot smaller than a PC (monitor and computer are built in, unlike PC's)
-some Mac's have built-in cameras (hehe..)
-it has iTunes already on it, so I can upload stuff onto my iPod

So, for me, Mac's win, but I love both my computers. :] -hugs Mac, then PC-

Leon592
Leon592
103 posts
Nomad

Definetly PC!

Legatus88
Legatus88
451 posts
Peasant

I've used both and found that PC is just more user friendly and yeah, so PC all the way...

Youassassin
Youassassin
296 posts
Baron

i love mac
its great fast and reliable

pc is better for gaming though
more games and upgradable for better speeds even for mac

but mac is virus clean
pc isnt

pc is less user friendly

Mac is best though for video, flash, music, web design etc...

pc is good for about the rest

Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

I have used both Macs and PCs all of my life and I have to say I prefer PCs by far. I have a couple of things that I don't like about Macs:

-No right click
-Alt Tab works, but won't flip through different instances of the same program (for example different firefox windows)
-When you close programs they stay running, instead of being terminated
-Macs are like cell phones, they come with just the stuff you buy them for, no room to expand, or to add many different programs.
-The OS is complicated to use, you can't just simply delete things and some other things are a little more complicated.

Some people say that Macs are faster, better graphics etc. Macs come at a certain standard, you can't get a slow Mac, but then again you cannot get a cheap Mac either. If you spent the same $2000 dollars on a PC that you would an IMac you could get a much faster PC. Also, if you are into the whole visually appealing look of a MAc (I have to admit they look very nice) PC companies are catching on, such as Dell with their Vostro laptops, and Sony with their IMAC like flat panel desktops.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Agreed! Macs are pretty, but they just don't seem to make as much sense as PCs!

I want a simple way to PRINT SCREEN!

Captian_EO
Captian_EO
172 posts
Nomad

If you dont do much computer geeky things than a Mac is pretty good. Macs also look awesome. But PC are better for those who gotta do geeky stuff.

Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

Ya Macs are perfect if you want to browse the internet, listen to Music, Watch/edit video. But when you want to do something specific, you need a PC. Macs are pretty good home computers, but you need a PC if you want to be productive.

Also I forgot to add, that not having window tabs like on a PC is also a pain. I think the way they programmed and designed the software doesn't make much logical sense, you have one bar at the top that switches for whichever window is on top, but how do you find the window buried under multiple windows if alt+tab doesnt work? You have to push a button that warps the whole screen around, and you have to look for the box that looks like the window you were looking for.

I have had Apple products crash on me much more than Microsoft products. Microsoft products crash on me when I make a mistake. Apple products won't let you make any mistakes, because you can't change anything. But they will crash for you, doing normal things. It seems to me that apple spends too much time coloring things to make them visually attractive instead of making them intuitive and useful.

Showing 91-105 of 124