ForumsWEPRPC or MAC

124 26398
LordBob
LordBob
517 posts
Nomad

I personally think macs are great (except for their lack of games) what do you guys like?

• 124 Replies
ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

Mac can run some non-flash games, and there is tons of stuff that you can download from the Mac website. I got a great FPS off of their for free.

hojoko
hojoko
508 posts
Peasant

[URL] http://youtube.com/watch?v=rw2nkoGLhrE[/URL]

pingie123
pingie123
38 posts
Nomad

PC cus i have it

bullfroggy5
bullfroggy5
33 posts
Nomad

PC are better due to their ability to be more customizable. I can change many things and am not stuck to losing my whole computer if my hardrive crashes. However, it is much more hacked and there are many more viruses for the PC, while macs havent been broken yet.

partayyperson
partayyperson
80 posts
Nomad

pc's rock more games less expensive even if it doesnt have all the same high tech features i like pc's

DivineDarkness
DivineDarkness
1,226 posts
Nomad

My mac in my house is so slow its UNBELEIVEABLE loading a video on youtube takes 10 minutes for 1 mintue, while my pc it takes 5 seconds for 1 minute depending if my bros are palying wow or watchng youtube already.

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant
MikeVarilek
MikeVarilek
36 posts
Nomad

I use mac for developing and most internet related things (I enjoy using OS X more than windows or linux), PC (dual boot to linux and windows) for playing games, which I don't actually do that often, I would rather play console.

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

PC is better because it runs with more features and programming, much better and able to do more, kind of what a computer is supposed to be like. The MAC is like a mini-system that is cheap and runs effectively but has no good purpose to entertain. Its something someone that barely uses a computer for uses. Like, in my old school, all we had was MAC.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

I have seen both worlds of macs and pcs

PC: Are gerally better but more felixible and mauluable you can do alot of things on them and there are alot of programs for them. There are games like; Halo,Half life,Command and conqeor ect... But it is the most hacked into and has the most viruses. But also the most annoying. Vista is annoying and opaque at times and has more holes in it than swiss cheese. Also the programs that comp with vista ready computers really are useless and just a waste of time deleting

Mac: I dare say "stupid" proof and easy to use and has alot of good programs that come with it. Iphoto, Imovie ect.. but if you delete one important file from the mac os program you cannot get it back Mac computer cannot be upgraded if you want a better video card you will have to buy a new video card. You can install vista and microsoft word onto a macbook and run anyprogram of your choice and you can even run adobe product on macs. Macs are more expensive with smaller hard drives and less "gadgets"

Conclusion: Macs and PC have the own features and abiltys. Faults and wonders its your choice, deep down if you look at it from a crude perspective they are basically the same. Personally i run vista,mac osx and ubutum linux on a vista ready computer (very difficult feat)
but its up to the person to decide.

drainslug
drainslug
48 posts
Nomad

most people have a PC because its a good all round computer and thus good for the family BUT if u want a good editing peice of equipment you have to have a mac, i have a mac because i make lots of videos and i need something which feels good and easy with good programs, also they like were the first company to start trying to make computers beautiful. and your all bull.... "oh mac and apple sucks, now wheres my ipod.."

Pfhortipfhy
Pfhortipfhy
70 posts
Nomad

Mac is so much better, for only one reason: MARATHON!!!
http://source.bungie.org/
http://marathon.bungie.org/story/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marathon_(computer_game)

Oh god I'm such an addict to that game...

ikillnerds
ikillnerds
256 posts
Nomad

Mac is better quality but expinsiver..
PC is an ok computer but, ehh it tends to not be as good.
so its up to the consumer, really.

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

Counter Strike: the number one reason why your Mac will never be better than my PC.

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

Rofl...

Showing 61-75 of 124