ForumsWEPRPC or MAC

124 26400
LordBob
LordBob
517 posts
Nomad

I personally think macs are great (except for their lack of games) what do you guys like?

• 124 Replies
Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

BTW I hate Apple and that's why I don't own an iPod. Zune FTW.
And Windows Movie Maker is pretty good. Not to mention the fact that you can get a decent sound card for a PC.

opentotruth
opentotruth
473 posts
Peasant

pc is better ur going to be using your computer for gaming or every use. mac would be better if ur using it for digital stuff. oh and not buying a ipod because u hate apple that just stupid.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

Ipods DO suck though, theyre waay too expensive for what they do. I have a sansa e250 with the same GB as an ipod nano, but half the price and with video, pics, a voice rec and a radio. Plus external memory. But the apple comps are better

DivineDarkness
DivineDarkness
1,226 posts
Nomad

I runa school marathon thing to get my ipods, i use other peoples money, and my legs :P And like i said, pc is way better because, you can mod it, you can switch out video card, sound card, and take of the casing and replace it with a seethrough or just leave it off, it costa butload less, and its really really good for gamers, (like me with half life, counter-strike, day of deafeat, team fortress, and the orange box.) all of those taht i listed are steam games, which i love, and finaly revived my acc. My mac though, wont download steam, it goes really slow in the internet, and it looks funny.

OVER ALL PC http://www.iusb.edu/~cted/summer/img/Computer.JPG

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

Well, iPods are popular, and everyone got them caz the Zune came out late and didn't have much popularity.

Wii for example: I personally think its Childish, but many people that planned to buy them have quit. I asked for days on end when I was in a store for one, the Wii trailed with 200,000 sales last years, the supply is sucking.

Same with the Zune, it is technically betterer, not to mention songs hit 79Cents instead of a buck on Itunes. Dunno, every ten songs could save you three dollars. xP

Macs seem useless unless all you do is almost nothing on your computer and want it to run effectivley so you'll never need to buy a new computer again.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

I will always prefer PCs for general home use. They are more versatile, well known, and compatable with most things.

On the converse, Macs are better in some situations, such as for still pictures for Graphic Design. They also, as aforementioned, have less viruses and tend to be more intuitive in design.

<3 my PC

thegrim23
thegrim23
172 posts
Nomad

Pc is better for games except WOW. I would like to have a Mac because they have Bluetooth,better internet connection and better virus protection than PC.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

Pc is better for games except WOW. I would like to have a Mac because they have Bluetooth,better internet connection and better virus protection than PC.

My PC has bluetooth. Internet has nothing to do with the computer you are connecting to it with. WoW plays much better on my PC than my fiance's Mac, but it has more to do with how the computer is built, his is made for Graphic Design, mine is made for video games.
brazilfutbol84
brazilfutbol84
101 posts
Nomad

MAC's are amazing and i have one, but the only downside is that its hard to get games for it as most all of them are for windows. i'm pretty sure that u can get games for a MAC at the Apple store though

thunderpants
thunderpants
78 posts
Nomad

what is a MAC

Pfhortipfhy
Pfhortipfhy
70 posts
Nomad

I'm pretty sure that u can get games for a MAC at the Apple store though

Yes, but do you know the inflation? When I bought my copy of Civilization III (no expansions) the PC version cost $10. Mac version? $60. If you can find a port.

But all this doesn't matter because Macs had marathon first.

better virus protection than PC.

Not true. Macs are actually easier to crack than PC's, but the thing is, nobody actually cares about them, so there aren't many viruses, probably only 3 or 4 ser juuuuuuuuuuu. I think I said this before, but I went around without any firewall for 6 months, and nothing happened, so go figure.
DivineDarkness
DivineDarkness
1,226 posts
Nomad

marathon is the dumbest game ill ever play in my entire life, so it doesnt matter if mac had it first.

turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

you are a fatty ^ yah you

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

macs are definitely the best

they run faster

they are simpler

and they are more user friendly

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

But Macs don't have near the selection of games that PCs have, nor the customization capabilities, and the "user friendly" argument depends on who you're talking to - personally, I find Macs harder to use than PCs, especially since I want to be able to change just about everything on my hard drive except the OS without messing anything up.

Showing 76-90 of 124