29 posts
Nomad

I think it would have to be world war 2 because of all the lives that were lost

• 617 Replies
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

I am going to say the Spanish Inquisition. Not only did a lot of people die for VERY wrong reasons, they burned a lot of books. Around 1550 AD they burned about 16,000 books in one sitting. They burned all books and people with new ideas.

This just barely predates the Age of Englightenment, so think about all of those ideas that got lost through the Inquisition. It kind of saddens me.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

It's not really a War, but i am going to say it anyway. The Rwanda massacre. A lot of lives were lost for no apparent reason, and they were flat out slaughtered.

thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

The Rwanda Civil War (Rwanda Genocide) was the worst based on brutality. 1 million dead in 100 days (about 7 times faster than the Holocaust). And most were murdered by machetes.

The Eastern Front of WWII (Soviet Union and Germany) was vicious as well. Cannibalism, rape, starvation, freezing to death, and massacres were the norm. That was total war, and there was absolutely no regard for human life.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Hmmm, Ash reminds me of a certain incident where alot of books were burned...I think it was in China, but not sure if it was an actual war...

There was this one war during the Middle Ages where children, yes children were sent to fight the enemy. The opposing side was to let down their guard and refrain from killing the children, but boy were they wrong! Every child slaughtered....I just can't remember what it was called! If someone can, I'd be much appreciative!

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

I think it would have to be world war 2 because of all the lives that were lost

Lives are nothing.

You should ask for the war that made the most difference.
god_of_classic_rock
god_of_classic_rock
299 posts
Nomad

I think that WW2 was the worst, for 2 reasons. #1 - Many lives were lost and it was a horrible tragety. #2 - It was also in the world record book that is was the most destructive war in the history of the world.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

WWI...

The weapons and tactics that were used in the war were brutal. The casualty rate (dead, wounded, and missing) was over 50%... And those that made it out were messed up for life.

Calm
Calm
908 posts
Herald

Lives are nothing.

I can't believe a human being said that...
Could you explain your morbid point of view?
dragoncrusher
dragoncrusher
773 posts
Peasant

Well, I have to say the Cold War. So many lives were lost.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Lives are nothing? Does your life matter nothing to you?
And Estel, I think you might be talking about the Children's Crusade, where kids went to attack the muslims but were all kidnapped and sold into slavery.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

"I can't believe a human being said that...
Could you explain your morbid point of view?"

In the long run there nothing. For something that happened in the past...its nothing.

When someone lets say a grandpa or something dies. We only mourn for a week? After 2 months everything is all fine.

Why are animal lives nothing?
Its all in the head bud.

"Well, I have to say the Cold War. So many lives were lost."

NO ONE DIED IN THE COLD WAR! lol
Except few astronauts...

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

You made a good point about if our grandpa dies but that's different. If a million people die in 100 days, thats way worse than losing a grandpa.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

In the long run there nothing. For something that happened in the past...its nothing.

When someone lets say a grandpa or something dies. We only mourn for a week? After 2 months everything is all fine.

Okay, so when a mother has no chance to say goodbye to her child, it's nothing. When a little kid loses his mom or dad, it's nothing. You may be that cold-hearted but not everyone else is. Also, it's not about the mourning. It's that you will never see that person and you didn't even get to say goodbye. Don't act like you know what it feels like if it hasn't happened to you.
Calm
Calm
908 posts
Herald

In the long run there nothing.

Well, maybe not for 1 loss, but waht about if 100 million people die in a very short length of time? Would it matter no more to you?
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

I think both Drace and everyone else is right to an extent. I don't think it is fair to say that lives are nothing, but in the end there could be more damaging things than just the loss of lives. Think about economic destruction, or as I mentioned the loss of knowledge.

Showing 1-15 of 617