29 posts
Nomad

I think it would have to be world war 2 because of all the lives that were lost

• 617 Replies
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

oo derp.. I ment to say the american civil war. sorry!

I thougt it would have been but I didn't want to assume.

Because it is the war where the most lives were lost.

From what I can find about 700,000 (including civialins and slaves) died in the US civil war. In WWI about 15 million were killed and in WWII about 70 million source is wiki here). So the US civil war didn't have the most loses the Russian civil war had 5mil deaths.
DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

>.< I'm dumb, I was comparing american losses O:

the american losses weren't as great on the WWI, and WWII with the improved medical treatment, in the civil war, the guns were crude and often many people could not survive the surgery.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

So what makes an American life different to any other nationality in the world? Surley a death is a death if the number of casualties is how you are ranking wars.

XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

Well, the most bloodiest war was the Civil War. Exspecially Gettysberg

FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

This may seem harsh, but I'm not having a go at LBJames in particular, but just that general attitude and that of many others I have seen post in this thread. I won't name names though.

I think that post pretty much typifies your average American's self righteous attitude to the world in general. If a war is not to do with them, they fail to attribute it any credit whatsoever. If it occurs on their soil it's a terrible atrocity. There have been far bloodier wars before America even existed as a nation, let alone in the subsequent centuries.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

I admit; I'm from the USA. But, at the same time, I'm not short-sighted enough to only think of wars that affect US to count. The bloodiest war ever was an ancient Chinese rebellion.
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Exactly FireflyIV that was what I was trying to get to on the previous page.

justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

For the U.S. definatly Civil War.

FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

For the U.S. definatly Civil War.

Case and point.
napolian654321
napolian654321
922 posts
Nomad

Civil war, destroyed our nation. Vietnam war, destroyed the crap out of Nam. World War two also, expecially if you count the Holocaust, and that crap that Stalin was doing.

Hokageofawesome
Hokageofawesome
103 posts
Nomad

that would be war world 2

WackWeeper
WackWeeper
198 posts
Nomad

world war 1 is the most devestating war because during this period medical advancement were not made and so many soldiers died from diseases and other illness. This was also the period known as the trench war (see warfare 1917), where many soldiers died just to pop out and fight the other trenches.

World War 2 made many technological advancements like medicine which cured many illed soldiers, and weapons which ended the war quicker. Although the atomic bomb devestated Heroshima and Nagasaki, its probably done to end the war quicker instead of more years of killing....

WHY DO WARS EXIST, THIS IS INSANE!!!!

DivineDarkness
DivineDarkness
1,226 posts
Nomad

Most battles are faught over power. Control, regions, etc.
On the occasion, they are faught for freedom.
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,269 posts
Jester

Without war you can't have peace......

A world filled with peace may seem like a good thing, but most of the technologies we have today were made because of wars. Nationes were made, empiers were built. And a lot of advancement in the world was made.

There are those wars where there is no point, and seems unjust, yet there are those witch must be fought, ones where it's a matter of genocide of a people etc.
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

Blaze, what is with the Italics?

But anyway, Blaze is kind of right. Without peace is better then with peace. It is good to have peace some times but when it comes down to the nitty-gritty, without peace wins.

Showing 196-210 of 617