Nomad

I think it would have to be world war 2 because of all the lives that were lost

• 617 Replies
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

I think Henry VIII.He's **** mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

Henry VIII was not a war, neither was he that mad (you know for some one who married his brothers fiance and was always second best till Arthur died). He did some good things it is just a shame people remember him for his wives then again his reaction to the Yorkshire rebellion ws a bit harsh (killing alot of people becasue of a &quotilgramage of grace&quot. He even had some military victories (battle of the spurs) and helped England to beccome a centre of European politics, granted it didn't last long becasue his divorce messed it all up.
Fox159
Fox159
261 posts
Nomad

World War 2 lot's of people died

Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

Aww mracecombat necroe'd a thread =(.
Anyways, now that I'm here, I'm going to have to split my opinions in two. Most brutal war, war with the highest body count, and war with the most profound impact.
Most Brutal: Spanish Inquisition. Burning people alive, crushing them slowly, not to mention the various tortures implemented. Most famous is probably the Spanish tickler. And the people were all innocent! *shakes head*. First rule of Survival: Don't mess with the Catholics, even if you don't believe in god. They'll burn you alive, crush you, drown you, whatever.
You know that's a joke right?
Highest Body Count: World War 2. Millions of Jews, hundreds of thousands killed in the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings alone, and from hundreds of thousands to millions of soldiers killed.
Most Profound Impact: World War 2. Various civil wars would have the most profound impact on a singular country in which the civil war took place, but this is a bigger picture.

Kody
Kody
60 posts
Nomad

I would have to say Vietnam. Maybe not as many deaths but some of them were pretty terrible. The holes with the traps, the feces on a stick (no joke), mustard gas, and the other brutal killing methods terrify me. The Inquisition was bad as well, simply for the mass murders through torture, and WWI and II were brutal because of the mass killings (innocent and non) and the chemical weapons.

Also I have to say there may have been some brutal parts to past wars that have been lost in history. I imagine there were some bad parts to Ghengis Khan, Alexander, the Barbarian Invasion of Rome, Athens vs Sparta (forgot the name of the war), etc.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

World War 2 lot's of people died

That's true with every war. :P

But I'd say WWII was probably the worst so far. It killed more innocent people than any other war has so far...
Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

The

holes with the traps, the feces on a stick (no joke), mustard gas, and the other brutal killing methods terrify me

The napalm, don't forget the napalm.
Buttersnack
Buttersnack
332 posts
Peasant

Not funny. At all.

ChiefTaiN
ChiefTaiN
2 posts
Nomad

I think one of the worst wars in history is no doubt, Battle of the Somme. Fighting in the trenches for survival like animals and people were screaming as they were getting killed in the mud by by bullets, landmines, the bayonet or even by a rock. The foul stench of dead bodies, and no one gained any advantages really, and it was just horrible. All wars are horrible thats true, but something about this war really speaks to me in a very, very sad and very, very brutal. The only thing the British and the French gained (except for the loss of hundreds of thousands soilders,even more) they penetrated a total of 6 miles into German territory. They failed to capture alot of objectives. And thus was the death upon all, if they were not killed by enemy soilders, then alot of diseases would. The death rate was very, very high. And the death toll was estimated to be over a million and is also known as one of the bloodiest military operations ever recorded.

Somme. The whole history of the world cannot contain a more ghastly word. â
â"Friedrich Steinbrecher

And Captain von Hentig, described the Battle of the Somme as "the muddy grave of the German Field Army

tomertheking
tomertheking
1,751 posts
Jester

World War 2. Millions of Jews, hundreds of thousands killed in the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings alone, and from hundreds of thousands to millions of soldiers killed.

Total count 50-70 million. and let's not forget that the population has more than doubled since then. I agree that it was the worst. Also the Japanise front was almost as brutal as Vietnam's.
German3945
German3945
996 posts
Nomad

if we're doing it by body count or percent of population dead, all fingers should all obviously point towards the US Civil War.

It still (after 150 years) has killed more soldiers than all other wars put together, and if we only count the war itself and not the situations around the war (ie: holocaust), then it should definitely win.

Naylic
Naylic
63 posts
Nomad

I believe the Civil War is actually the war with the most U.S. fatalities, not overall fatalities.

soakerman
soakerman
658 posts
Nomad

ya that would be caused by a pure US war

XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

yea Civil war was pretty bad 17 year old kids blasting eachother's heads off from 20 feet away. Then haveing their limbs cut off with out pain killers

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

if we're doing it by body count or percent of population dead, all fingers should all obviously point towards the US Civil War.

How? Only a about 600,000 were killed in the US Civil War. I still don't understand why people continue to confuse American loss of life as being more important than loss of life. More died in the English civil war that happened a few hundred years before; more died in the World Wars I doubt the US civil war would even make it into a top 10 of wars by fatality. Like I say I don't understand the peole who say the US civil war was worse because of death toll.
German3945
German3945
996 posts
Nomad

yea Civil war was pretty bad 17 year old kids blasting eachother's heads off from 20 feet away. Then haveing their limbs cut off with out pain killers

Most of the deaths and injuries were from
(A) Hunger (scarce food resources + in enemy's land + scorched earth/destroy everything method with earlier Yankee Captains)
(B) Coldness/freezing/hypothermia/etc
(C) Infections from small injuries

not necc. in that order
Showing 391-405 of 617