Nomad

I think it would have to be world war 2 because of all the lives that were lost

• 617 Replies
LadyTurtleToes
LadyTurtleToes
310 posts
Nomad

Flad the Impalier

It's Vlad the Impaler or Vlad Tepes. Also Vlad DrÄculea (DrÄculea means "Son of the Dragon&quot.
evilrakion
evilrakion
21 posts
Nomad

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanking_Massacre
Nanking Massacre Was The Worst Read About It IT WILL SHOCK YOU 20-80,000 women were raped 50,0000 Were killed 2 Japanese Soilder Made Contest who kill 100 chinese people with sword first and the results were 105-106 and prisoner being buried alive

knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

This thread is still alive?

Massacre Was The Worst Read About It IT WILL SHOCK YOU 20-80,000 women were ***** 50,0000 Were killed 2 Japanese Soilder Made Contest who kill 100 chinese people with sword first and the results were 105-106 and prisoner being buried alive

Technically, the Nanking Massacre is not a war. It's more like a massacre.

but because it was so long the progression of Western Civilization got totally sidetracked for a hundred years.

Well, that's a unique point of view from what I have seen in this thread. Though, France and England were the only countries seriously affected by this war. Especially England, since it lost it's territory in France and renounced it's claims to the French throne.
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

and renounced it's claims to the French throne.

We may have "officially" announced it but everytime it was useful to do so we got the family tree out to show who could be in charge lol.
redfan45
redfan45
197 posts
Nomad

WW1, WW2 and the American Civil War had to be some of the worse, oh and dont forget the Crusades

LadyTurtleToes
LadyTurtleToes
310 posts
Nomad

I really tend to think wars fought because of religion are the worst, not nessecarily because of the level of violance or the number of deaths but simple for the reasons they are fought. The thought made me curious though because I could only name a few wars that were fought because of religion. I decided to do a search on "Wars fought in the name of God". The top search result was, of course, a Wikipedia article titled Religious War.

FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Technically, the Nanking Massacre is not a war. It's more like a massacre.

Technically the Holocaust was not a war either, but many people are citing WW2 for that evry reason. Ask yourself, if it wasn't for WW2, would the Nanking massacre have happened? Probably not.
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

I really tend to think wars fought because of religion are the worst,

I would argue that wars fought are not fought due to religion. People of different social groups have a tendency to polarise and fight. That one of those social groups happens to be religion is overall a minor point. What it really shows is that conflict is part of human sociological behaviour. I'd say what makes a war 'worse' than another war is not down to the causes, but rather the content ie. casualty figures and ratios, historical and technological context etc.
Xavier1
Xavier1
671 posts
Nomad

Technically the Holocaust was not a war either, but many people are citing WW2 for that evry reason. Ask yourself, if it wasn't for WW2, would the Nanking massacre have happened? Probably not.

I think that sooner or later Japan would have decided that they wanted China, whether WW2 happened or not. I suppose the only thing that would have dictated the Rape of Nanking happening or not would be if they managed to get that far in their conquest with the rest of the world not being focused on Europe.
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

I think that sooner or later Japan would have decided that they wanted China, whether WW2 happened or not. I suppose the only thing that would have dictated the **** of Nanking happening or not would be if they managed to get that far in their conquest with the rest of the world not being focused on Europe.

The complete failure of the League of Nations to deal with the Manchuria Crisis suggests that Europeans wouldn't have been a big obstacle for the Japs. If anyone would have challenged them, it probably would have been Russia, trying to oust them from that sphere of influence. Still though, judging by the results of the first Russo-Japanese War, it would be rather naive to think the Soviets would have an easy task.
redfan45
redfan45
197 posts
Nomad

are u kidding me? More lives where lost in the American Civil war than any war americas been in Combined! it is the worst war in american history most certainly

thatdude297
thatdude297
16 posts
Nomad

ww1. i think this because of all the bloody stale mates also the number of lives lost. the constant artillery barrage and shell shock that was a result from that was just awful. thankfully no war since has had such a stale mate. a sad fact though is an American soldier died 1 minute before the armistice at 11 o'clock

FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

a sad fact though is an American soldier died 1 minute before the armistice at 11 o'clock

A sad fact, 37 million people died before the armistice at 11 o'clock.

I don't often agree with Stalin, but he was bang on when he said:

'the death of one man is a tragedy the death of millions is a statistic'.
patriotboy1
patriotboy1
238 posts
Nomad

Id have to say the vietname war. Or the Afghanistan war because of the torture and the methods used by the Afghanistan's can you believe they would dress some of their soldiers as civilians trying to leave the battle in Afghanistan then when they were close to or behind enemy line (Canadian, Americain ect...) Theyd pull out guns and shoot the soldiers

knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

The Nanking Massacre occurred in 1937, so it would of still happened even if WW2 didn't break out.
Showing 361-375 of 617