ForumsWEPRAbortion

1508 314972
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

What my peers here think?

I would like to try and avoid a buch of rabid Catholics and Christians falling back only on the religious reasons and what have you. However, I do not see how that can be dodged.

My view? I'm for it. If a woman wants to get one, it is her choice. Some people seem to act like if one woman gets an abortion, it means that all the rest have to. If the child in question is not yours, butt out.

Also, on a lighter note, I say that abortions should be allowed when kids are up to 18 years old. That would solve a lot of headaches, eh?

• 1,508 Replies
Raistlin847
Raistlin847
270 posts
Nomad

Even if you guys prove that abortion is so wrong its not going to change things, its a persons choice if they want to have sex or not and its their choice if they want to get pregnant or not, not anybody elses. Yes abortion does "kill" babi, but would they even know? What if the mother didnt want that baby and then hated that baby for being born, yet kept it anyway, that woudl be just as bad as suffering pain like the guy with that skin disease, sumtimes its better for something not to live then to suffer, like animals.

slliM
slliM
1,463 posts
Nomad

I would just like to say that...

http://www.dellanave.com/files/arguing.jpg

If you get affended by this im sorry.
Its a joke.

Anyways i think abortion is wrong.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

lmao that was great, but I do believe that women should have the choice.

slliM
slliM
1,463 posts
Nomad

agreed.
what if someone gets raped, they should be able to do it.

quakingphear
quakingphear
410 posts
Peasant

What is it's like Rosemary's baby, and the devil date-rapes you? Then you go and give birth to the anti-Christ and we're all screwed.

Radial543
Radial543
6 posts
Nomad

Well, abortion also acts as population control if you think about it, at least in the US.

Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

You're saying that knowingly having sex and getting pregnant is the baby's fault!

I nowhere said that in my post. I'm saying that abortion should be legal because it is harming the woman, and that the woman has the right to defend herself from harm.

A woman's body is built to bore offspring,

So, as a woman, you're degrading yourself to a vessel that's good for nothing more than giving birth? That sounds about right I suppose. Are you suggesting that we go back 80 years or so and take away woman's rights again? Because that's what taking away their right to choose is: infringing on civil liberties.
millahnna
millahnna
111 posts
Nomad

A woman's body is built to bore offspring,

And as a grown woman, it is my CHOICE not to. I have never had an abortion and I probably never will. But I sure am glad to know I have the option, should a specific situation arise where I feel that is the best option for me.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

That baby was the consequence of having unprotected sex! IF you don't want the risk of having children, then don't have the sex! A woman's body is built to bore offspring, THAT'S WHY WE HAVE THEM!

Gee, you're getting hammered from both genders on that unfortunate turn of phrase, but I'm going to criticise the statement from within its context, which is probably even worse for you :P

We were built for sex, THAT'S WHY WE HAVE IT!

...see your problem? I'm not attacking your position, but this particular point requires addressing.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

...and besides I don't subscribe to statements of that sort anyway, but that's just me.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

An Aborted "baby"...
http://www.abortion.org.au/Gestation%20Sac%206-7%20weeks.jpg

Surprised?

Snakebite
Snakebite
996 posts
Nomad

We were built for sex, THAT'S WHY WE HAVE IT!

I know that!! I'm not saying sex is bad, under the right circumstances, it's a beautiful thing. If you're afraid of getting pregnant, take responsibility and use protection. If one does get pregnant, again take responsibility! Yes, women do have a choice, I'm just saying I don't agree with abortions. Adoption is a much better choice for you and that child!

Drace, the reason the fetus looks like that is because a solution is injected to dissolve it. Keep in mind, YOU looked like that too. I think you should be a slight bit thankful your mother chose to have you instead of her right to abort you.
ParalysisTerror
ParalysisTerror
793 posts
Nomad

Drace, the reason the fetus looks like that is because a solution is injected to dissolve it. Keep in mind, YOU looked like that too. I think you should be a slight bit thankful your mother chose to have you instead of her right to abort you.

come on, you don't have to be that mean, he probably just wanted to prove a point that's all.
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

I don't think that abortion should be legal other than in rape cases or if the mother is in danger. Simple as that.

Toadlord
Toadlord
497 posts
Shepherd

I don't think I'm going to get into the debate but I do want to say that I think it's great that AG is not removing threads of this kind of subject mattter. Kudos to you guys.

Showing 646-660 of 1508