ForumsWEPRAbortion

1508 311302
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

What my peers here think?

I would like to try and avoid a buch of rabid Catholics and Christians falling back only on the religious reasons and what have you. However, I do not see how that can be dodged.

My view? I'm for it. If a woman wants to get one, it is her choice. Some people seem to act like if one woman gets an abortion, it means that all the rest have to. If the child in question is not yours, butt out.

Also, on a lighter note, I say that abortions should be allowed when kids are up to 18 years old. That would solve a lot of headaches, eh?

• 1,508 Replies
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

What if there is a sound argument?

If there is, present one.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

There is always that possibility that humans have souls.

So if they have no brain activity at all, but have a soul, they're considered alive? What constitutes being 'soulful'? At what point toes the soul leave so we can tell if they're really dead?
CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
891 posts
Nomad

What if there is a sound argument?

Which would be?

When is a human considered "alive"? I am against abortion but when is the baby really alive?
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,260 posts
Regent

There has been absolutely no evidence for the existence of souls up to now, so there's no reason to assume they exist (if you believe so, ok, but that's your belief. Period.). Isn't it then a bit futile to argue about souls in an abortion thread? As far as the evidence goes, until neural cells have differenciated and neural activity started, the foetus is only a mass of living cells, that do not have a conscience yet since conscience requires a certain neural activity/complexity. Is it wrong then to abort because it is a bunch of living cells? Why, then wouldn't it also be wrong to fight bacterial inflammations, since you're killing living beings?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I suppose you could live for a while whithout brain activity. But it would be hard to eat, feel, smell, see, touch, hear, ect

Not without being hooked up to machines that force your body to preform every function that your brain usually does (that's a lot of functions), and even then you probably won't survive for ever in that state.

Actually correction....even if you're a vegetable, there would be brain activity. No brain activity, i.e a flat line just means you're dead.
LilystarofFlameclan1
LilystarofFlameclan1
169 posts
Nomad

get an abortion if you want. i really dont see why not. killing cells, whats wrong with that? they arent born yet.

Showing 1501-1506 of 1508