ForumsWEPRAbortion

1508 314913
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

What my peers here think?

I would like to try and avoid a buch of rabid Catholics and Christians falling back only on the religious reasons and what have you. However, I do not see how that can be dodged.

My view? I'm for it. If a woman wants to get one, it is her choice. Some people seem to act like if one woman gets an abortion, it means that all the rest have to. If the child in question is not yours, butt out.

Also, on a lighter note, I say that abortions should be allowed when kids are up to 18 years old. That would solve a lot of headaches, eh?

• 1,508 Replies
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

New question: if the fetus was to somehow become a political figure, and the mother of the fetus had an abortion, would that be assassination? If abortion is murder, the answer would be yes, correct?

No.. Just because it doesen't have a heart yet, doesen't make it a polotician. It is not alive, so you can't say it is murder, and it whould never become a polotician if it was aborted, thus no.... The same whould be said if a farmer was farming the onion, and you said "what if the onion was some how a political figure?..."
Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

Just because it doesen't have a heart yet, doesen't make it a polotician.

Very clever, but I was asking if the fetus were somehow elected into a high political position.

It is not alive, so you can't say it is murder

My question was directed to the people who say that abortion is murder. And, a fetus is technically alive. Just because it doesn't have a heart doesn't mean it isn't a living being. Ever heard of a tree heart?

and it whould never become a polotician if it was aborted

I think you're misunderstanding this question. I asked if the fetus were elected politician while it was still a fetus. It's hypothetical and extremely improbable. It's just a question to think about if you're going to refer to abortion as a form of murder.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

My question was directed to the people who say that abortion is murder. And, a fetus is technically alive. Just because it doesn't have a heart doesn't mean it isn't a living being. Ever heard of a tree heart?

The heart part was a joke, the part about the fetus not living is not.

I think you're misunderstanding this question. I asked if the fetus were elected politician while it was still a fetus. It's hypothetical and extremely improbable. It's just a question to think about if you're going to refer to abortion as a form of murder.

Yes, I did misunderstand. But I still think it whould be the same as ellecting an onion...
Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

The heart part was a joke, the part about the fetus not living is not.

That's why I said "very clever" when you made the joke.

Fetuses, however, are living beings. I am not one who considers abortion to be murder, because that would be like saying cutting down a tree is murder. Not even vegetarians believe that eating plants actually hurts the plants. The point is, even though their alive, it doesn't mean taking the life from them is murder.

But I still think it whould be the same as ellecting an onion...

A city in Ecuador once elected a can of foot powder as mayor. At least the onion was alive once. If you eat the onion, does that mean it's assassination? Or is it just eating an onion? So, in a way, yes, it is like electing an onion; but it would have to be before the onion was harvested.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

A city in Ecuador once elected a can of foot powder as mayor. At least the onion was alive once

0_o No reply.

Fetuses, however, are living beings
'

By what definition of living? At the very greatest, they whould be called a parasite.
Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

At the very greatest, they whould be called a parasite.

Parasites are living. Why do you think they attach onto hosts and eat their nutrients? They need to survive! The same is true with a fetus with no heart.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Parasites are living. Why do you think they attach onto hosts and eat their nutrients? They need to survive! The same is true with a fetus with no heart

Im saying that whould what they whould be clasified as if they even were living. I can get the deffinitions from any dictionary, fetus do not count for any of them.
rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

Fetus' are alive but not sentient, to avoid some not needed OOC posts.

TrainJumpa
TrainJumpa
122 posts
Nomad

Well, I really hope the person who grows up to cure cancer wasn't aborted, I hope the scientist who comes up with the a break through that launches us years ahead of other countries wasn't aborted, I hope the man who takes out of this recession isn't aborted, I hope the next great President who changes America for the better(Not Obama, he made us so much worse in a year.) wasn't aborted... I hope that guy or that girl who did that thing or made that thing or gave us this or took that way from them wasn't aborted...

Pro Life.

ZeldusTheGreat
ZeldusTheGreat
13 posts
Nomad

Yay for morality questions!

Where does life begin. Aren't we all serial killers for breathing
micro-organisms? They're alive, they've done nothing to us.

And then there is till the possibility that everything in the
multiverse is determined to happen, just like it happens.

People die every day, in natural, and many in not so natural ways.
Wars wage, children starve to death, and that still doesn't stop
us from overpopulating the world till kingdom comes.

billybobjo2
billybobjo2
135 posts
Nomad

I think that abortion should be alive as long as it is before the baby is "alive"

rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

Well, I really hope the person who grows up to cure cancer wasn't aborted, I hope the scientist who comes up with the a break through that launches us years ahead of other countries wasn't aborted, I hope the man who takes out of this recession isn't aborted, I hope the next great President who changes America for the better(Not Obama, he made us so much worse in a year.) wasn't aborted... I hope that guy or that girl who did that thing or made that thing or gave us this or took that way from them wasn't aborted...

I sure wish Hitler was aborted, I sure wish Thug Behram was aborted,I sure wish Ed Gein was aborted.
You argument is entirely invalid.
killersquirrel1488
killersquirrel1488
63 posts
Nomad

If a woman has unprotected sex and knows she can get pregnant, it's her own fault and should pay the price of having the baby. For rape victims, there is always having the baby and giving it up for adoption.

I think that since the baby is made of cells and moves from the moment of conception, it is alive through the pregnancy, and therefore abortion is legal murder.

TrainJumpa
TrainJumpa
122 posts
Nomad

If a woman has unprotected sex and knows she can get pregnant, it's her own fault and should pay the price of having the baby. For **** victims, there is always having the baby and giving it up for adoption.

Amen.

I sure wish Hitler was aborted, I sure wish Thug Behram was aborted,I sure wish Ed Gein was aborted.
You argument is entirely invalid.

I believe everyone should have the chance to live.
rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

If a woman has unprotected sex and knows she can get pregnant, it's her own fault and should pay the price of having the baby. For **** victims, there is always having the baby and giving it up for adoption.

That hardly makes sense, you give your rules to someone(someone who chose to **** without a condom/protection) saying 'your fault' then give the exact same rules to someone without any say at all.
Seriously, you are terrible.
Showing 1291-1305 of 1508