ForumsWEPRAbortion

1508 314894
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

What my peers here think?

I would like to try and avoid a buch of rabid Catholics and Christians falling back only on the religious reasons and what have you. However, I do not see how that can be dodged.

My view? I'm for it. If a woman wants to get one, it is her choice. Some people seem to act like if one woman gets an abortion, it means that all the rest have to. If the child in question is not yours, butt out.

Also, on a lighter note, I say that abortions should be allowed when kids are up to 18 years old. That would solve a lot of headaches, eh?

• 1,508 Replies
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

actualy i do not care enoufg to seek it up for you. (google is your friend )
usa has the highest crime rates since 1960's
it has been lowerd alot the last 20 year yes. but still in overall crimes (the total of all crimes), usa ranks the highest, followed by Germany, United Kingdom, France, and South Africa.
i can not care anymore about showing a american thats thinking usa is to great to have high crime rates. that they are not that great at all.

Well if you don't care "enoufg", I can simply consider you incorrect. No, USA has never had the highest crime rates... I looked it up, and most have poor third world type countries as having the highest crime rates.

Where are you getting this information from? I can't conceive any possible way where the rich countries of the US, UK, etc would have higher crime rates than the third world.

I can't understand your last sentience, please speak English. Its American, and last I checked, the state I lived in had rather low violent crime rate.

that is because you are smart people =)

Are you implying that Americans are unintelligent?
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Guys, open a new thread about guns. This is getting too much off-topic here.

partydevil
partydevil
5,129 posts
Jester

i do not care enoufg about it to keep that going hahiha =)
i gave up explaining this to americans. so i will not comment on his posts about it anymore =)

grimml
grimml
879 posts
Nomad

But the unborns rights might clash with those of the mother in cases where abortion would be reasonable, for example if the mother would likely die from non-aborting.

I'd say that after a certain stage the unborn "child" has some rights BUT the mother's health is more important.
Now I'm just wondering about the clash of the rights. Should a pregnant woman be allowed to drink alcohol? I mean, it's her right but it also causes huge damage to the "child". But that would also go off-topic.
alexstargazer
alexstargazer
347 posts
Nomad

Personally I do not like abortion. I would rather have the child live and possibly be given for adoption than to be killed.

However, I would prefer it to be legal. If abortion was made illegal, it doesn't mean it would stop happening; it just means that it would happen outside of hospitals.

Would you rather have a woman killing her baby in an alley with a coat-hanger and having a huge risk of killing herself, or have her get a safe abortion in a hospital.

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,482 posts
Shepherd

I would rather have the child live and possibly be given for adoption than

Then nobody adopts it and its in a sucky orphanage.
The answer to all baby issues cannot be 'Oh just give it up for adoption'.
TheAtheist
TheAtheist
132 posts
Peasant

Abortion should be a woman's right because it is her body. Setting aside emotions and opinions lets deal with the objectiveness of it rather than your subjectivity. Subjective... The cell you are ridding of is a human being and you shouldn't kill it because it should have the right to decide but since it cannot speak we should not kill it and also because you do not know if it feels. Objective... My skin cells are human and we kill them every single day. I do not know if they feel or if they can think or speak BUT I guess it should be illegal based on what some 2000 year old book says.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

BUT I guess it should be illegal based on what some 2000 year old book says

I gather your sarcasm, but abortion isn't illegal solely because of the bible. It's illegal because of morals.
iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

I would rather have the child live and possibly be given for adoption than to be killed.

It's not a murder as much as it is the canceling of the process of creating a life. Thus an abortion, and not a murder. The "child" during the legal time for an abortion is no more alive than a sperm, so if that's murder, then I'm afraid every male above the age of 13 is a mass murderer.
Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

It's illegal because of morals.

Morals which are, for the majority of people and the majority of the time, derived from some 2000 year old book. This is changing though - I think, although I don't pretend to have any figures supporting this, that the more secular a society is the less it seems to be against abortion.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

It's not a murder as much as it is the canceling of the process of creating a life. Thus an abortion, and not a murder. The "child" during the legal time for an abortion is no more alive than a sperm, so if that's murder, then I'm afraid every male above the age of 13 is a mass murderer.

Oh you make me laugh.

Morals which are, for the majority of people and the majority of the time, derived from some 2000 year old book.

This is true, for Christians. But that's like saying other religions don't have morals. Those who don't worship the bible as such can still be against abortion.
Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

I was just pointing out that Christianity is the dominant religion and the morals you speak about, while dominant, aren't the only ones around - other religions and philosophies and outlooks on life have their own morals that come with thinking that way and that's not forgetting that some people don't derive their morals from books or set belief systems at all but merely base them on their own experiences and what they feel is right.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Exactly, which is why i'm saying it's based on morals. Some countries, cultures and religions believe it is murder and therefore it's illegal. Others disagree with this and it's legal. It should all be pro-choice.

DeadFamous
DeadFamous
152 posts
Nomad

I don't disagree with abortion. If a mother wants to have an abortion because she was ***** or sexually abused, who could blame her? I do disagree though with mothers who are just partying every night and getting drunk, ending up having sex with some stranger, and wanting to have an abortion every single time just because they "made another mistake". It happens way too often and at that point it becomes ridiculous.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

do disagree though with mothers who are just partying every night and getting drunk, ending up having sex with some stranger, and wanting to have an abortion every single time just because they "made another mistake". It happens way too often and at that point it becomes ridiculous.

Well you tend to find women like that rely on the morning after pill rather than the actual abortion procedure.
Showing 1366-1380 of 1508